Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 163 of 169 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 168 169
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Ouch, 10-4, hope ya get to feelin' better soon Rattler.

Gunner

Trump Won!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not likely, as you guys saw i can still get around when i have good days, and i was lucky enough to have a couple of good days while the hunt was going on.....so long as im having good days and can still mostly get around they wont touch me cause im to young and every ortho ive seen, and ive seem quite a few including those that work almost entirely on college age athletes, have said just figure out how to deal with the pain for now......new knees now means a 60% plus chance of amputation in 10 years...and these are the stats as of about a year ago.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Sombish Rattler, sorry to hear about that Bro, I have a helluva home remedy if yer interested.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
whats that? lots of good whiskey grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL no, go to your butcher and have a bunch of cow leg bones sawed up in about 4" sticks, cover them with water and cook em in a crock pot for 24 hours, the meat, fat, and marrow will cook out of the bone.

Remove all clean bones and give em to yer dog, use solution/soup to cook with, you can put it in all dishes, casseroles, chilis, spaghettis.

I use it to scramble eggs in for breakfast, get you about 15/20 pounds of bones from the butcher, you can leave em frozen till ya need to make up another pot of brew, then freeze soup in smaller containers for use.

You see 50 years ago we used to eat ALL/THE WHOLE animal, joint problems were nearly unheard of, now we mostly eat choice cuts and entirely to much refined/processed bullchit.

It'll keep ya lubed up like a fine machine Rattler, and keep all tendons and ligaments rubberized and ready for anything.

Good Luck Main, and I really hope you will give this a go, it works.

Gunner

Trump Won!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my issue is structural, bad set of genes, the end of my femurs werent formed right and both my sisters have the same issue, luckily my brother seems to have mostly normal knees.....more or less my knee caps are laying on their sides and acting as sanding blocks across the whole end of my femur.....i cook bone in for alot of my meat(best flavor is the meat closest to the bone wink ) plus ive tried every different supplement and injection to improve the "oil" and cartilage in my knee joints and it doesnt help at all....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Dang, if you will give this 'soup' a go it will help all that moves, good or badly designed, plus it tastes very good to boot.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol will do, whenever we buy a half a beef i just have my butcher leave stuff bone in, for one its cheaper plus as i said, flavor is better......ill give him a call and see if he will save me some soup bones.....

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
He will, my butcher charges me 50 cents a pound, and he even vacuum seals about 2/3 lbs bones in each bag, just slice and dump em in yer Wifeys crock pot.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW the boys loved the "artillery shells" you sent back with me....for kids used to a 7mm Rem Mag being a big gun the 577 rounds made a bit of an impression....

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I read somewhere where the organizers were looking for a deal next year, "that would be more of a true hunt". I reckon they're worried someone will try to top the spearchucking next year. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know if that's even possible Pat. Given the creativeness of this lot, topping it would be epic.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd volunteer to take the .577 hunting, except the problem is, I'd then actually have to take at least one or two practice shots - aimed, to boot. I'm not sure how good the dentist is in Monterey, but I'd probably need him after a couple of shots crazy

I actually do know where there's a .450 Nitro Ruger #1 - which supposedly weighs 8 pounds. The wood's as plain as Rachel Madcow, though, so that's my excuse why I haven't bought it yet.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps digging a tiger pit, but with CT or Gunner in the bottom?

Rockchucker and NH K9 herding pigs to/over a cliff, with spear chuckers waiting below?

Sharpsguy hitting a mountaintop boar from the servant's quarter's back porch with a sharps?

But failing those, am up for an alternate hunt get-together. Will prove more a challenge to get a photo of a wild animal wearing Bob's campfire t-shirt, and sneaking it back into his luggage, again.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I think I read somewhere where the organizers were looking for a deal next year, "that would be more of a true hunt". I reckon they're worried someone will try to top the spearchucking next year. grin
Yup ...or we can go back "Warriors" style with baseball bats and broken bottles,I'm sure the pigs would cooperate tired

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Horseback and lance.

Anybody here, a rider?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I am. i'll bring the horses

FJB
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Get Gunner up on one of them. Your turn for pay-back!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could dig some horseback hunting, I used to have a few hayburners myself at one time.

FWIW on the 'hunt' vs 'shoot' aspect, there was a time not so long ago that I could, would and did hunt for 21-30 days and hard in Alaska or Zimbabwe, as well as the Rocky and Wallowa Mountains for Elk, bear and deer but no more. This pig shoot and my rodent blasting outings are all I can really manage nowadays with my new physical realities.

I am absolutely not asking or suggesting that the 2014 gathering be dumbed down just for me but as I think back on the attendees we had this year it seemed to me that there were several who could not have managed a truly demanding hunt. In addition, the more time it takes for each person to bag thier animal, the less time we all have for shooting each others guns, trading toys, cooking, eating, cutting up and other interaction. Just some things to think on and consider as a new venue or hunt is looked into.

Another way of putting it might be, more difficulty = possibly less attendees and for sure less relaxation and goofing off time. HArd to strike a perfect balance, I know.

If a more rigourous and challenging hunt was to be planned, I suppose those of us who can no longer endure such could come and just help cook and hang out. More likely, though would be less folks temtped to come I think.

My .02, unsolicited, for what it might be worth.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I talked to Alan last night. He is willing to work to make the hunt what you want. If you want other animals to hunt, he will need six month notice. I talk with Alan and Bruce every week, so let me know and I'll try to make it happen once you decide.

Page 163 of 169 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 168 169

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 160user, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,864
Posts18,497,278
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.