I could dig some horseback hunting, I used to have a few hayburners myself at one time.

FWIW on the 'hunt' vs 'shoot' aspect, there was a time not so long ago that I could, would and did hunt for 21-30 days and hard in Alaska or Zimbabwe, as well as the Rocky and Wallowa Mountains for Elk, bear and deer but no more. This pig shoot and my rodent blasting outings are all I can really manage nowadays with my new physical realities.

I am absolutely not asking or suggesting that the 2014 gathering be dumbed down just for me but as I think back on the attendees we had this year it seemed to me that there were several who could not have managed a truly demanding hunt. In addition, the more time it takes for each person to bag thier animal, the less time we all have for shooting each others guns, trading toys, cooking, eating, cutting up and other interaction. Just some things to think on and consider as a new venue or hunt is looked into.

Another way of putting it might be, more difficulty = possibly less attendees and for sure less relaxation and goofing off time. HArd to strike a perfect balance, I know.

If a more rigourous and challenging hunt was to be planned, I suppose those of us who can no longer endure such could come and just help cook and hang out. More likely, though would be less folks temtped to come I think.

My .02, unsolicited, for what it might be worth.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500