Gunner, sorry to hear of your old injury coming back to haunt you at an inconvinient time!

I was on Prednisone the whole time so that I could hunt a little and not remained stoned out of my mind on painkillers. BUT, having learned the hard way from previous trials on the stuff, My doc put me on a mild anti depressant and a water pill at the same time to offset the side effects of the Prednisone. I have been weaning myself off of it the last few days (Pred)and thusly increasing my Opiate based stuff back up but it was great to have something of a pain vacation during the hog hunt and gathering. I am allowed two weeks a year on that stuff, used one of my weeks for deer season and the other weeks worth for this trip. I am already hoping for the same schedule next year, I can think of few events that I would rather feel good for.

7x57 Steve, You and I already talked some about the accomodations and things. As far as I am concerned the location and lodge etc are a pretty good set up so long as they can be trusted to keep thier word about a few more things next year. Although to be fair, if there had not been other non 24hrcf hunters there we would not have picked up scopeye416 as a new member and freind. And Scopeye would not have gained his cool new Rigby inspire scars on his nose and forehead!

As far as lessons learned from my perspective, I think that if there is going to be a swap meet the time and place will have to be pre determined before hand. There were a couple of false start attmepts at the swap meet and I brought way too much stuff. It is my feeling at the moment that trying to squeeze a swap meet into the hunt weekend is trying to put too much stuff into too short of a time and space. There are other things the guys came to do that were deemed more fun and or more important.

My lesson learned is to FLY if I can make it next year. I am glad that I did the drive this time - and eternally grateful to Rattler and my wife who helped cover the miles behind the wheel with my need to sleep so much - so I will not be able to bring a pile of toys in the future regardless. Just my initial thoughts for now.

One more thing, it would be nice if the folks who release the pigs to be shot by us big, hairy chested Bwana types (apologies to Red Dot, slayer of hogs extrodinaaire) would REMOVE THE EAR TAGS from any hogs before turning them loose! Shooting a pig with a yellow tag on his ear takes away some of the feeling of danger or wild and wooly adventure smile smile <G>

All in all, though, a wonderful time and mucho fun. I hope I can do this again.

Many hanks to you my freind. You did a great job on this outing.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500