Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
It was good Gunner brought a 1 ton pickup. He needed it for all the guns he brought, and sweet ones they were, too. grin

Thanks Tex, I cant wait to see your original 45-90 High-Wall.

Gunner

Me too, it's supposed to be here on Monday. The bullets, cases, & dies are also on the way.

I'm gonna get some strange looks at the range tomorrow morning. I'm taking an AR-10, a Ruger #1, and a .54 Hawken. smirk

Good deal Tex, you gonna shoot cast lead slugs and black powder?

And i have received some strange looks at the range from time to time roo. shocked lol

Gunner

yeah, the Sunday morning range crowd will be about 2/3 guys with black rifles, so firing about 80-100 grains of Swiss black should startle the heck out of them.

I'm running round balls in the Hawken. I have some 300 grain FP greasers on the way for the Winchester. When I determine the twist I'll then decide if I want to try heavier bullets or not. I expect a 300 will kill boars with no problem. And yeah, it too will be loaded with black powder. The action is strong enough for smokeless, but I'd rather try black in it.

The Ruger is my .30-40, and I'm just gonna chrono & group a couple of shots to see what they're doing. The loads are running a mite warmer than factory. smile So is the .45-70 #1, for that matter.

I'm eyeing about 6 different rifles I'd like to take to Wilderness, and really need to distill it down to 2 or 3. The Savage M1920 deserves to come, so does the .45-70. I might bring the AK & Blackout if people want to shoot them for S&G.

Mark, you bringing your .416? smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."