Originally Posted by safariman
Fun replies and pictures so far. Sheridan/Rattler is taking a turn at the wheel for a bit so I thought I would get on line and say hello. We are all three glad we made the trip. The food was just AMAZING, and the company and comeraderie even better. Wish I had the energy to stay awake all day and hang out for all of the shooting and such everyday, but I had a terrific time all the way around.

I will post some pictures when I have a chance. I have some really good ones of downtown Nashville.

Sherri is talking about what kind of a gathering or event we could possibly put together to draw you folks out to OUR part of the US. She now understands a little more about how the 24hrcf is so much more than just a chatroom for rednecks and other 'ner do wells. Much more of a community of friends.

Deepest possible thanks to those who went out of thier way to greet her and spend time talking to her while we were there.

And, there is a change in the air! Before this trip, Sherri had no interest in killing anything other than a bad guy / intruder in our home. Now, she says she wants to try to kill a Crocodile if I can get us back over to Africa once more. I am sensing (fearing?) that my Brno ZKW465 mini mauser in 22K Hornet is the next of my firearms liable to get "Requisitioned" for use by the prettier half of this duo, since semi auto's like the SU-16 Sherri likes so much and shoots well (when the sights work!) cannot be taken into African countries.

Heather, WELCOME to the fire! I am so sorry that the reflex sight on that SU-16 we loaned you chose to fail so miserably at the exact moment you needed it! It was dead on the money before we left home, but later that day, after it caused you to miss your piggie, I could not get it on the paper even at SEVEN lousy yards, no matter how much turning we did on the adjustment knobs! Mechanical stuff can fail, and miserably, at the exact wrong time just like the extractor on the G-20 did this weekend for another member, Glocks of any fashion being normally an uberelaible firearm.

Almost ready to stop for the night in Kansas City, so ver and out for now I think.

Man, what a grand time was had by all.

My friend your generosity knows no bounds! It was truly a blessing to meet you and Sherri. What a wonderful woman you have tricked into becoming your life mate. grin

No sweat on the SU-16, bud. It was really my fault as I knew that we should have taken it to the range first. Rule number one when handed a borrowed gun. It was an amateur hour mistake on my behalf.

A scope dinged up by long travels happen to us all. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last.

Please, please be safe on the road home. Heather and I really want an opportunity to hang out with you guys again. We're selfish like that! grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.