Started the Hog Hunt Early . Friend called and said he had a bunch of Feral Hogs tearing up he place and wanted me to come over and see if i could killed them . I walked into his back place a little less than a mile , swirling snow and 30 degrees . I found where they were rooting up his fields and tried calling them but no luck , moved about another quarter of a mile and spotted three, a spotted boar and two smaller Black ones moving through the woods eating and rooting. I was watching them in the scope, but to thick for a shot and then the big spotted one stopped between to trees and i had a perfect behind the shoulder shot, he ran a bout 30 yards and i couldn't get a shot at the two black ones . I was using my 6mm-06 and loaded with 75 gr V-Maxs at around 3500 to 3600 FPS , i went up to him and he had blood pouring out of his nose , but stood up and i whacked him again, the first bullet must have blown up in one lung . second shot put him down for good. The 75gr V-Max was all i had loaded, it worked but on the fragile side for big hogs. The hog was a boar. I will go back next week and try for another one. My first kill with this rifle i just built a few week back. The best thing about this hog hunt, it only cost me two 75 gr V-Max bullet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.