Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 34 of 229 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 228 229
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You forgot to post your pic of you in your hunting garb.

[Linked Image]

Swifty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Boxer

For a 25 to Trump a 6mm,you gotta shovel MUCH more coal into the boiler room and the 25-06 to 243 comparison...ain't enough disparity in CC's to do that. That FACT,seems to trouble pointy-headed Windowlickers in their tinfoil hats,more than a little.(grin)

Gentlemen. You are making this pizzing match waaay too complicated. Start at the [bleep] beginning, to quote Boxer. The way to do this, is simply point out when Boxer is wrong. Like here. 'Cause he's "Never Wrong Guy" and pops like a buffoon balloon when so poked.

It ain't complicated, but some would like to make it so, to quote Steelhead.

Boxer, if you'd like to see one of my infamous charts showing this, just ask. Its already saved to my favorites; took all of 3 minutes. And remember, "JBM don't lie"--- to quote, uh, Big Stick. wink

Still grooving over you using your Imagination to dog wares you've not gunned... pronouncing judgement on ER characteristics you'd not laid Eyeball on... and royally screwing the pooch on simple things, like... uh... size/weight specs, the other day. Makes me chuckle even now, and for that I thank you. But it ain't ever not funny watching you "work", and you are a 'net feesherman par excellence... though your bait is stinky and your motives impure.

So if seeing a simple ballistics chart showing you are simply wrong with the above quote makes you happy, please dear sir, say the word.

All the best from Orygun.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick got me to make monkey sounds and fondle a jug once. When I figured out I was doin it wrong, and he was right, I started to listen. Dude takes perty pictures to boot. Gets me thinkin, maybe I need a G15(or 12)....tho guess I better learn to shoot this SX30IS first grin

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Today I got out and was trying to use my imagination and pretend I was on THE MILFORD! Anything to escape my pathetic life. Shot me this pasture grizzly as I saw someone call them. Of course I only had a Remington SPS-V in 22-250 and used plain ole Sierra bullets. I do have my dope table taped on the stock so that should count as a sticker even though it has usefulness If I had a Jolly Roger folks down here would think I was a Pirate fan. Still I am sure I have fell short of Boxers high standards for a hunter. Maybe next one will be with my junky Winchester .243.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WSM_Shooter; 04/12/13.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
WSM, a bit early for 'chucks, unless they are doing some real damage..The guys I hunted with when I was in that country didn't like to kill 'em til the young were able to fend for themselves..BUT I have heard that the SW corner is a chuck shooters heaven..A story..Several years ago, maybe more than that, but I was in a big gunshow near Pitt...I was looking around when I heard someone ask this old guy if he had shot many chucks ..This was Nov. He said got one yesterday..my 432nd for the year...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I had to talk with him..Interesting old fellow..He said he spent some of the spring and summer trout fishing in, I believe, Somerset County..So he didn't get as many this year..I ask what he used for chucks..He told me he was making a .25-06 for close shooting around barns, etc...But he had four main chuck rifles all were Rem. 40x with the old Baush and Lomb 6-24 scopes..But all four were chambered for the .30-338..I about fell over..he said he used a 125 grain Nosler BTBT..
One of his cronies started visiting with him and I moved on, but I sure would have loved to visited more..hang in there..

Molon Labe
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JeffO, tell me about the magic .257 bullet you have found to beat the 243 with a 115?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I'm also all ears!

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
WyoCoyoteHunter,
It is a little early for the hunters who hunt just to hunt. They don't want to hurt the population to soon. However this was shot in a field at a horse farm. They want them gone as lots of money is down the drain if a show horse breaks a leg! Only a few ppl get to hunt this farm so I like to make them happy and shoot them before the hay gets to high to hunt.
6.5x284 is popular with some of the serious chuck hunters I know.
I know a couple who a farmer told could not come back if they didn't start shooting the ones close to the barn. They were only shooting out past 500 or so yards on his farm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the gourds pretty much gone, but will settle for a bulgy eye now and then. ;O)

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
Today I got out and was trying to use my imagination and pretend I was on THE MILFORD! Anything to escape my pathetic life. Shot me this pasture grizzly as I saw someone call them. Of course I only had a Remington SPS-V in 22-250 and used plain ole Sierra bullets. I do have my dope table taped on the stock so that should count as a sticker even though it has usefulness If I had a Jolly Roger folks down here would think I was a Pirate fan. Still I am sure I have fell short of Boxers high standards for a hunter. Maybe next one will be with my junky Winchester .243.

[Linked Image]

Ah the wonderful Milford! I'd recognize that little slice of heaven anywhere. grin

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by dubePA
I like the gourds pretty much gone, but will settle for a bulgy eye now and then. ;O)

imageshack would not let me post the pic where you can see both popped out eyes and the hole in his head!

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Boxer, SOB ,it's really not that hard.

[Linked Image]

I even screw up once in a while so don't be to hard on yourself.

[Linked Image]

And 243 for me.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by SLM; 04/13/13.
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]
How is this?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I have such a good imagination as Boxer has pointed out I don't need pictures to remember with. So my iphone takes good enough ones to share and it is with me anyhow. Not much to take pictures of here in boring SW. Pa. anyhow. The farms I hunt are all tore up as they put in new gas lines and drilling rigs are poking up every place. I think the deer are learning to get in the trench's and walk them so they can't be seen.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice pics Boxer !!

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Elk, your bluritude needs some work.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Gotcha,will work on it.

By the way nice buck. cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
H
H
Split the difference and get a 257 Roberts - it is so much cooler than either of them.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Dude, it ain't deer season...

Its open season for yuppies hitting deer with Yaris's laugh The look on peoples faces when two whitetrash rednecks grab a roadkill button buck outta the ditch and throw it in their truck...priceless.

My poor neighbours. I just moved in in the fall...they have no idea what they're in for with this feller laugh

Boxer- What the hell is that supposed to be exactly? Spawn with veins in it? Or is it just one of them "I don't know what the [bleep] its supposed to be, but it works" patterns? First Bite sent me a tracking number. My schit should be here soon. And I got Croix Avid sitting at the tackle shop with my name on it and my 243 AI will he done ij a couple weeks wink things are coming together .

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
.257 Wby magnum
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 34 of 229 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 74 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,776
Posts18,476,982
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.