Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Nah,I'm thick-skinned. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Laffin', thought you were talking about elk'.

Everybody calls him names.. grin

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
And some are nice. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Boxer

Gee',

You knocked it outta da Park,with them hideous "mounts". Cain't know if you were bitching or bragging in their regard,but that is some flat azzed hideous schit! Congratulations?!!?

Keep at them Haybale & Crockett "Adventures" and don't forget to refuel The Cart.

B,

Wonder if you remember the late Ricky Nelson, the teenage idol. Seems later in his life he sang a certain tune that I think is appropriate for my response to your latest installment.

Along the same lines, but on another stanza,

have you ever heard the one about the three sailors that hit port, had shore leave, and made a bee line for the nearest house of ill repute (whore-house). Well the madam has em� slick em down, hand them a prophylactic and sends them down the hall to line up.

First one goes in and takes care of business. As he�s leaving the lady in question is heard to say. Ah, 10 inches, best I�ve had today.
The second comes in, does his business, on the way out, the prostitute makes the remark, Ah, 8 inches, second best I�ve had today.
Well the third chap marches in and is getting ready to do his business when the lady looks at him and says, Who do you think you�re gonna please with that tiny thingy. Unabashed the sailor says. Me, MOFO.

So, that�s pretty much the way it is. It pleased me to shoot those critters���.

[Linked Image]

Best

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Boxer,
I could be worried...... the Biscuit got lost during a BWT?

Or not.

Probably just has his mouth is full. Again.

Oh, well.
He'll be ok either way, he's got the scout power going for him.
He'll be back outta the closet soon.

Milford in breakup? Yet.

Have Dog

Will Travel

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by geedubya
perhaps you get the picture�.. LOL

...... or not!

Either way, he WILL chase the ball ....... Who's a good boy?

Laffin'

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Great pics Geedubya,really like the Axis deer and Blackbuck Antelope. cool

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I took the golfcart out for a creek patrol the other day.

Found a nice beach, thinking bonfire, fishing poles and a cooler here in a month or two.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't forget your surf board. grin

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by southtexas
Don't forget your surf board. grin

Not a chance...............

[Linked Image]
7' Caster, Pintail Gun, Custom Sako AV, 280 AI

I painted beach houses in Galveston Texas for two months during the beginning of summer 1976. Made enough money to buy this board and take $150 with me to Mexico. Was able to drive from Houston to Reyanosa. Fly from Reyanosa to Mexico city. Fly from Mexico City to Acapulco, then by bus along with the Campesenos, their pigs, chickens and Iguanas to Puerto Escondido, then known as the "Mexican Pipeline", as the waves broke left and were overhead. Met up with a polynesian girl who called herself Shanghai Lil. Said she was down there to get an "all over sun tan". as she was a contestant in the Miss Nude World Contest. Said the beaners would not leave her alone,and needed someone to squire her around. I said, no problem. A fun week as I recall. Stayed there and surfed for a month. Kinda kept this board around to remind me of when I was young.

In order to further date myself, here is one from a trip in 1971 to San Blas, Mexico............

I got started surfing in 1966. I graduated high school in 1969. If you didn�t have a high lottery number or a deferment you were on your way to �Nam as a ground pounder. Luckily my number didn�t come up. Mean time I stayed in school and majored in �.. well let�s just say it was not academics. In the spring semester of 1971 my younger brother and I took off in February in the middle of the semester for San Blas Mexico. I�d just received a letter from a friend who was there. He said the waves were bitchin�, to bring lots of acid and plenty of papers. Seems they were having to roll their reefers in Gideon�s bible pages. We took off with two other guys. Well we were about 20 hours into the trip, somewhere between Houston Texas and San Blas, in Mexico. We were in a mid sixties model Ford Falcon, and no A/C. We had decided to drive straight through so as to get there as soon as possible. IIRC there was a particularly good swell and the mile long wave was working at �Big Stoners� point. Well four guys in a Falcon sweating in tropical heat gets pretty aromatic. We see this beautiful pristine waterfall in the far distance.

[Linked Image]
A digital image of a picture I took in 1971 or thereabouts. One of the few survivors from that time-period.

Were we stoked. The middle of the jungle, mountains all around. Bromeliads growing off every tree. It looked like the garden of Eden to us. Well we travel for seemed like an interminable length of time and there it is just around the next bend. We pull up on the side of the road, get out, run through the jungle shucking our clothes. What a rush. In the middle of the jungle and a waterfall like something you�d see out of a Tarzan movie or a south sea adventure. I�d not been surprised if Maureen O�Sullivan and Cheetah had stepped out. So we bathe in the waterfall. Were we jazzed. Cooled off and refreshed we got dressed and back in the car. About a mile up the road we enter a village located on each side of a stream that ran down the mountain to the waterfall where we had just performed our ablutions. Stick huts, thatched roofs . Serapes for door closures. Pigs, chickens and stuff wondering in an out. Next thing we notice is folks dumping their trash and sewage and whatnot into this stream that led to where we had just bathed. Bummer,

I guess we do all live downstream. We had a good laugh at ourselves for being such dumbasses. Here we thought we were in Nirvana, turns out we were bathing in a sewer.

Best,
GWB

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I took the golfcart out for a creek patrol the other day.

Found a nice beach, thinking bonfire, fishing poles and a cooler here in a month or two.

[Linked Image]

now we're talkin!

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
dooshmike,

Make any headway convincing yourself that you ain't the consumate Do Nothing [bleep]?!!?

Cheer up...there's always tomorrow and you can give 'er another whirl.

Laffin'!

No, I didn't make any headway today Boxer, and tomorrow ain't looking to good either...............

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Gee', that's some funny [bleep].

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
GW nice blackbuck.

I had a chance to shoot one of those but the ranchers wife would have been pissed, turns ou the was her pet.

[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EddyBo

I had a chance to shoot one of those but the ranchers wife would have been pissed, turns ou the was her pet.

I understand.
One of the ranches I hunted on was a low fence/no fence ranch of 3,000 acres. It was north of Vanderpool Texas and where I would sit, one could see the back fence of lost Maples State Natural area. This had been an exotic game ranch in the 60's. However the owner at that time died in the late seventies and his wife had no business sense and soon no money, just land. By time her son moved back onto the ranch in the mid eighties, the fences were all down and most of the exotics had drifted in and out. Fast forward 20 plus years. I leased this property from 2002 through 2008. The son was now sixty years old. He was like a hermit. Went to town once a month. Live in a house with no A/C or heat. He was like a Dr. Doolittle. He didn't kill anything, even roaches. He did however lease the land to hunters with the understanding that you didn''t hunt or shoot around his house. I used to love going out with him in his old blue ford truck in the afternoons. We would drive around in the front of the ranch where no hunting was allowed. He would stop about 10 different places and put out range cubes for the cows and corn for the critters. It was amazing. We would drive up to a spot. He would bang on the side of the truck door with a coffee can full of corn. He would then get out and broadcast the corn. Within five minutes there would be axis, sika,fallow deer, both bucks and does and white-tail does. He had names for his pets. Hartford was a humongous axis stag with over 36" length antlers. Jimmy Dean was a boar over 300 lbs. Gorgeous was a boar even larger than JD. Junior was a young blackbuck with about 6" long horns. I got to where I could recognize his critters after a couple years. Where I hunted was about two miles back so for the most part there was no problem with shooting his pets. I tried to talk him into seeing if we could take and paint a green flourescent "NO" on the side of Gorgeous so no one would shoot him should he wander up. Every time I'd come up he would have a new cat, dog or other critter.

Best

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

You guys do realize we are arguing with someone who does this kind of stuff to rifles right? That is when he's not busy submerging them in creeks.....

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
How many 700 yard hits after barrel break-in?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike

You guys do realize we are arguing with someone who does this kind of stuff to rifles right? That is when he's not busy submerging them in creeks.....

They sell paint.........everyday.

Besides, that vid is hilarious.

Have Dog

Will Travel

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by moosemike

Did you know there really is no such thing as a "cow" barrel?

I do now........ I called every barrel maker in the country and they all laughed at me...

That [bleep].....

Page 56 of 229 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,065
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.