Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Is she going to be rich?
"Action"starts about 3:30.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
yeah, the state of AK is going give her some money to support her drug habit. Bad call trooper.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ruh roh.... i bet he looses his job.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
wow, it's going viral. It'll be national news in a day or so.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Coach_W
ruh roh.... i bet he looses his job.

I would be very surprised if he didn't. The State is going to write her a check, and the other Trooper with him is probably going to get suspended at a minimum.

If either Trooper wrote anything but the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth about the whole confrontation, then they will certainly lose their jobs.

It is obvious that Trooper #1 in the ballcap has not learned how to talk with people and learned when to disengage.

Makes me wonder who his FTO's were... frown

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 05/03/13.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Calvin
wow, it's going viral. It'll be national news in a day or so.

Good. That cop need to be in jail. His partner also need to be in jail for failing to stop the illegal arrest.

UNTIL WE START PUTTING THESE THUGS IN JAIL, THIS WILL NOT STOP.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Com'on, man. Didn't you see her assault the officer right before he threw her to the ground?

Nothing to see here, just move along.

I'm better when I move.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Mike, was that on the Peninsula?

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
No, Ed. That was on/in Kodiak a few days ago, but it's all the talk on Soundoff this AM.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No Miranda either.

Fuggin cop.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Troopers are importing a lot of "troopers" from the lower 48. Should be a hard/fast rule that troopers have a minimum amount of time in AK before becoming a trooper. Damn tv show..

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ironbender
No, Ed. That was on/in Kodiak a few days ago, but it's all the talk on Soundoff this AM.

Are any of the local politicans responding to this, or do they also need to be replaced?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by ironbender

Are any of the local politicans responding to this, or do they also need to be replaced?

If I was a politician in AK I'd be throwing this trooper under the bus so fast... Cant support that.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm betting there's a couple of Troopers standing tall in Anchorage about right now, wishing they were somewhere else.

The guy who is Colonel right now is not known for his tolerance for breaking the rules, much less the law.

The Commissioner, being part Native, won't be too enthused about this either. Both are "old school" Troopers who play by the rules.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Calvin
Troopers are importing a lot of "troopers" from the lower 48. Should be a hard/fast rule that troopers have a minimum amount of time in AK before becoming a trooper. Damn tv show..

The reason for importing them is that they can't find enough people in the State that can pass all of the entrance requirements.

I agree about the TV show.

The rules used to be that you had to be assigned to an urban post, Anchorage, Juneau, or Fairbanks for a minimum of two years after FTO before you could even think about being transferred anywhere else. When the State got that rule changed (against the Troopers Union protests) in the late '90's, you started seeing guys that did not know how to talk to people and treat people firmly but with dignity, being put out in the Bush.

When your back up maybe days away, you learn to do two things really well. You learn how to talk WITH people and you learned how to fight. The talking part eliminated a lot of the fighting part.

Ed

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
OOOPS, those coppers are still better men than me, I can't tolerate that workin' with the public horsechit. mad

Gunner

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Two other points here;

First, he didn't ask her questions he could use against her as evidence, so no Miranda warning was required.

Second, AST is one of the most politically manipulated LE agencies I have ever seen. They cannot move without some politician in Juneau having a say in it. So, the concern (?!)) that the politicians won't be involved is not something to worry about. Politicians and the media will be all over this like stink on the schit it is.

Ed

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
OOOPS, those coppers are still better men than me, I can't tolerate that workin' with the public horsechit. mad

Gunner

No, you are the better man, because you realize your short coming, and didn't violate the public trust while accepting tax payer money.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Gunner

No, you are the better man, because you realize your short coming, and didn't violate the public trust while accepting tax payer money.

Oh no my friend, I close screaming loud mouths, can't listen to them. grin

Gunner

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Gunner

Gunner, the Trooper in the ball cap should have shut his mouth and walked out of the door BEFORE the other Trooper did. They were there on a 9-11 call, they had determined that there was no emergency, and he was standing there, lecturing her on her life.
I would be willing to bet that the Trooper with the sunglasses KNEW that the confrontation was wrong and did not want any more part of it, that's why he stepped outside. He wasn't inside to see what she did, he just saw the door go back open and his partner go after the female, and he reacted.

Hopefully he does the right thing from here on out and writes it up as it really happened.

Ed

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 2500HD, 222ND, 257 roberts, 69 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,693
Posts18,534,560
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.