Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
OP Offline
R
Ladies and gentlemen..... I'm worried. I've been noticing for the last year gun prices have really jumped and I knew that each year they do usually increase. But the ammo prices are really what speaks the loudest. Today my dad said he saw a bulk 555 pack of winchester 22lr on gunbroker bid up to $75 and another lot for over $100!!!!! I said" you're not doing something right" let me check. Sure enough he was right. Yeah I try to pick up a brick a month from Walmart and their about $30. Bought some 2 weeks ago. Now look. It never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of the general public. Can they not see? Curb gun violence by taxing ammo beyond insanity or take guns away????? Our government are our employees! And we allow them to raise taxes, and spend frivolously, tell us what to do, where to go and when. Etc,etc,etc. WE'RE IN TROUBLE.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where have you been? Head in the sand for awhile?

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's not as bad as you think. Yes there are some dumb [bleep] bidding up gunbroker 22lr. http://www.gunbroker.com/Rifle-Ammunition/BI.aspx?Keywords=22lr Do not get desperate, It is available. All you need to do is talk to your local gun/hardware store and ask when it comes in. Be there when they open the doors. Do not feed the crooks. These guys are not our "fellow sportsmen" in any way. If I find out anyone I know is doing this they will be done hunting on my land. I bought a 525 box of federals about 2 weeks ago at scheels/fargo $16.99. There are also some crooked gun shops out there from what I hear on here,but I can't seem to find one.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's actually getting better. It's what we call an ammo crisis... They happen everytime a gun hungry moron gets invited into the whitehouse... They last until morons run out of money or closet space.

Welcome to the Internet. Al gore invented it and global warming... Send him an electronicmail (email) @ (at) algoretheawesomestselfimposedimportance.net thanking him for allowing you on.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mog75
There are also some crooked gun shops out there from what I hear on here,but I can't seem to find one.

Check out lucky gunner, or cheaper than dirt.... As crooked as they get.

Anything is better than the Winchester logo.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It censored me! How else could I describe someone paying $60 for remington rimfires?

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Coach_W
It's actually getting better.

yeah it islast couple months ive been able to find what ever i want as far as chambering, maybe not the load i want though yet..whether i want to pay an inflated price becomes the question though i aint talking $100 for a brick of 22's....but deciding whether i want to pay $50 for 100 rounds of 45 ACP or $30 for 100 rounds of 38 special....actually the most normal priced shells i find are for my 17HMR, they are only a buck or two over what i was paying per 50 for some reason....

Last edited by rattler; 05/11/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by redrooster
Ladies and gentlemen..... I'm worried. I've been noticing for the last year gun prices have really jumped and I knew that each year they do usually increase. But the ammo prices are really what speaks the loudest. Today my dad said he saw a bulk 555 pack of winchester 22lr on gunbroker bid up to $75 and another lot for over $100!!!!! I said" you're not doing something right" let me check. Sure enough he was right. Yeah I try to pick up a brick a month from Walmart and their about $30. Bought some 2 weeks ago. Now look. It never ceases to amaze me the ignorance of the general public. Can they not see? Curb gun violence by taxing ammo beyond insanity or take guns away????? Our government are our employees! And we allow them to raise taxes, and spend frivolously, tell us what to do, where to go and when. Etc,etc,etc. WE'RE IN TROUBLE.
Well we've seen ammo shortages before. The current one hasn't been going on a terribly long time but has cut deeper than any I've experienced. It seems of late that things may be looking up on most of the calibers except 22's.

Nobody really knows what's going on. Maybe it's simply panicked, unprepared folks reacting to the government's constant threatening of their freedoms. Maybe it's big government contracts exacerbating shortages from two wars being fought. Maybe the government is messing around with our supply lines. Maybe it's a combination of the above or something else entirely.

R
OP Offline
R
Like I said. I've been aware for a long time about current gun scramble and ammo being expensive. But the ridiculous auction prices were quiet a shock. I remember when I was younger the same gun buying frenzy going on when the clintons were in the White House. But then ammo did not go so crazy either. "Head in the sand" or no- we should be worried.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Like I said. I've been aware for a long time about current gun scramble and ammo being expensive. But the ridiculous auction prices were quiet a shock. I remember when I was younger the same gun buying frenzy going on when the clintons were in the White House. But then ammo did not go so crazy either. "Head in the sand" or no- we should be worried.
This same behavior was exhibited right after Obama's first election. IMO it wasn't quite as bad, but it went on longer than the current shortages have, thus far. They seemingly are easing, but who knows?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Second Amendment that we hold so near and dear does not mention ammos...

Ammo control equals gun control.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Saw a guy purchase 100 rounds of 9MM in Wally's today for twenty-five bucks, more was available at the same price

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Its getting so bad I'm nearly down to 10,000 rounds per gun.

NRA Lifetime Member
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
It will turn out to be a real good thing we had this shortage!!!!! Honest, Sinse "O" got in office gun ownership is way up. Even my sisters neighbor flipped. She hated guns,, wated to ban them,,, were evil,,,.. Then one day she blurted out I'M BUYING A HAND GUN!!! Sis asked why??? She said I'm 55 yrs old living in the boonies.. If someone comes to my door noone will find me for 2 days. I need to defend myself. This is happeneing all over the USA by the millions. I bett we have 10 million new gun owners in this country in the last 4 1/2 years. These guys need ammo, they are not even a good shot yet, they need practice and are putting a stain on supplies. My wife for the first time got serious about defending herself now that she is home all day. My wife, 2 sisters and a neice are getting guns and concealed carry. They are comng to my gun club as guests and use up ammo, but now we have 3 new women that went ho hum on guns to avid gun owners. May be cause C.C. passed in Wisconsin, I don't know. Remington announced a 32 million dollars expansion the other day so they must think the demand is here to stay for a long time.

Last edited by ihookem; 05/12/13.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Preaching to the choir. The second amendment states both keeping and bearing arms and a well REGULATED militia. Now comes the argument part; the regulation then did not refer to strong control, but to having equipment (including ammunition) that was of the norm. Think regular army opposed to geurillas, or sports. So at home this means having a more or less standard caliber that can be used by neighbors, and similar MILITARY wepaons.

The .22's still bug me the most, this is the starter caliber for new shooters, and from what I read, they do not come from the same lines as centerfire.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm encouraged to hear some people are finding ammo. That's not the case around here. I haven't been able to find a single round of .22 at Bass Pro, Scheels, Sportsman Outfitters, or Walmart. Powder and bullets for 45acp, 10/40, 223 have dried up too. Went out and made the rounds yesterday and could only find one box of TSX 53 grains. I'm not hurting yet, had a decent stock laid in for a time like this, but would like to see some stock on the shelves again.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kennyd
Preaching to the choir. The second amendment states both keeping and bearing arms and a well REGULATED militia. Now comes the argument part; the regulation then did not refer to strong control, but to having equipment (including ammunition) that was of the norm. Think regular army opposed to geurillas, or sports. So at home this means having a more or less standard caliber that can be used by neighbors, and similar MILITARY wepaons.

The .22's still bug me the most, this is the starter caliber for new shooters, and from what I read, they do not come from the same lines as centerfire.

Thank you.

I wish more folks truly understood "Regulated" and what it REALLY meant in the language of the times when 2 A was drafted.

Greg

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It is picking up for the better in western SD. Local Cabelas had shotshell,pistol and rifle primers as well as a selection of powder that COULD get you by. Everytime I stop there the bullet selection is better. Centerfire rifle and pistol ammo in all calibers. They get some rimfire ammo once or twice a week, limit you to one box and it doesn't last the day in the store. This go around has been educational and informative it depends on how you look at it. A lot of folks on this forum call 270 Win ownership "gay" but every gunshop or sptg store around has had 270 ammo and components All thru this shortage. Could have bought all the factory ammo and bullets for any 270 and alot of 25's around here. 17's and 20's no problem,lightweight .243's no problem,heavy 6's forget it. 6.5 bullets some and 7's and 30's almost extinct in useable weights.Something to be learned about everything that happens, but some never learn . We saw all this crap in the Clinton years and the fall of 08 when o got elected.Yeah I know alot of people who buy a box of shells the night before they need them some know better now and some don't. guess I am not worried about the turkeys either. Imagine if you will the shortages were for food, medicine, fuel,drinkable water, clothes, jobs or just some politicians with common sense? Coming soon near you. Magnum Man

Last edited by Magnum_Man; 05/12/13.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lesson is: have a gun in every chambering. Then, no matter what's available, you will have something to shoot. grin

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mog75
It censored me! How else could I describe someone paying $60 for remington rimfires?

Use AZZ. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (10Glocks, 35, arky65, afisher, AnthonyB, 01Foreman400, 11 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,600
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.