Print Thread
Hop To
Page 91 of 229 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 228 229
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
GeeDubya gots a question for you,how big was that bear you killed ie weight and what did it square out?

ehnm,

I don't rightly know to tell you the truth. I don't think he was all that big. We were about a mile from the road as the crow flies and prolly near 1.5 miles when you figure in the three hollers we had to go up and down. The guides skinned him out. They estimated he weighed 200 lbs +/-. It was late August/early September. He couldn't eat that much as he had no bottom canines. They indicated that normally by late fall he'd probably be around 300 lbs. They didn't measure him and I didn't either. Don't remember what the fellow I took the hide to said at the time. My daughter wanted the rug for her fireplace. Anyhow, I called him tonight and he said he thought it measured 5'3 from the tip of his nose to the base of his tail, and had a girth of something like 4-1/2 feet. Don't know what that would square. I do know that I had a ball on this hunt. My two guides were employed by the State of New Mexico as trappers. I spent three days with them and their hounds talking about hunting, trapping, reloading, music, getting drunk, chasin wimmen, and the kinda [bleep] young guys do and old farts reminisce and lie about (the older I get, the better I wuz). Watching the dogs work, hearing them bay, listening to the guides talk about what each dog was doing was neat. It had been 40 years since I'd hunted with hounds. Brought back a lot of memories of coon and fox hunting in the Louisiana swamps with one of my dad's buds from WWII and his son. Killing the bear was kinda anti-climatic. I'm going again this September. My son, his two brother-in-laws and a friend from the last hunt will be going also. The outfitter liked my cooking so much he invited me back anytime. I called him and told him I probably wouldn't hunt, just be camp biitch and make sure every body had 3 squares each day. He said come on down.

Best

GWB
But, I don't mind killin'.

Last edited by geedubya; 05/13/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't mind eatin'....

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I don't mind eatin'....

We will be in Capitan, New Mexico either the last week of August or first week of September, depending on when the season starts.
Being a flatlander, I like to get there a couple days early so as to get used to the altitude (+/- 7,000 ft IIRC). I'll have egg taquitos, pancakes, venison sausage, mexican cornbread, grits and bacon, along with canteloupe, bananas,apples and other fruit in the mornings. Never hurts to get a good start on the day.

Pulled pork, and beef bbq Sandwiches pastrami and other cold cuts and cheeses for lunch.

Prolly have enchiladas, tamales, marinated venison backstrap, pork loin, grilled chicken thighs and rib-eye steaks, pepper cheese-steaks, along with baked taters, ear corn, pinto beans, fire roasted vegetables and such for dinner.
Come on down if ya like.

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/13/13.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
GeeDubya gots a question for you,how big was that bear you killed ie weight and what did it square out?

ehnm,

I don't rightly know to tell you the truth. I don't think he was all that big. We were about a mile from the road as the crow flies and prolly near 1.5 miles when you figure in the three hollers we had to go up and down. The guides skinned him out. They estimated he weighed 200 lbs +/-. It was late August/early September. He couldn't eat that much as he had no bottom canines. They indicated that normally by late fall he'd probably be around 300 lbs. They didn't measure him and I didn't either. Don't remember what the fellow I took the hide to said at the time. My daughter wanted the rug for her fireplace. Anyhow, I called him tonight and he said he thought it measured 5'3 from the tip of his nose to the base of his tail, and had a girth of something like 4-1/2 feet. Don't know what that would square. I do know that I had a ball on this hunt. My two guides were employed by the State of New Mexico as trappers. I spent three days with them and their hounds talking about hunting, trapping, reloading, music, getting drunk, chasin wimmen, and the kinda [bleep] young guys do and old farts reminisce and lie about (the older I get, the better I wuz). Watching the dogs work, hearing them bay, listening to the guides talk about what each dog was doing was neat. It had been 40 years since I'd hunted with hounds. Brought back a lot of memories of coon and fox hunting in the Louisiana swamps with one of my dad's buds from WWII and his son. Killing the bear was kinda anti-climatic. I'm going again this September. My son, his two brother-in-laws and a friend from the last hunt will be going also. The outfitter liked my cooking so much he invited me back anytime. I called him and told him I probably wouldn't hunt, just be camp biitch and make sure every body had 3 squares each day. He said come on down.

Best

GWB
But, I don't mind killin'.

Well 200 lbs is not a small bear and from the sounds of it,you had a great time.

Thanks GW. smile

My wife and daughter want a bear skin rug and volunteered me to get it for them(sigh,but not to loud grin )so I'm going in November in Arizona.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Eddy,

Been runnin' & gunnin' purty hard,burnin' daylight by the light year.(grin)

Pardon this one's head having more square feet of rug on it,than Great WaPoozy or poor Gee's best "efforts". Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Still hearing good things about 210XBT's launched at 3400fps outta a certain 338Ultra.

Chart says: "watch the [bleep] out!"...because the melding be fairly impressive,both in Theory and Application.(grin)

Swifty,

Keep dry-humpin' your plagiarized pics,you are really doing "well".

Laffin'!

'slave,

It prolly ain't no slouch.

Still pizzed that I forgot to click my heels,with the tree-length bastard lashed to me...if only because I can.(grin)

'flave,

Was simply curious as to what a little one looks like in the flesh,as all these "hard charger's" pics had me wonderin'...so had to find out.

Laffin'!

He undoubtedly in a year long past,waddled into a Woof Snare along The Milford and came up a wrist shy of a good time.

Suplizing too,as these Native Kansas Woofs are knocked back purty good.

Gee',

That rubbed out Rat is [bleep] HILARIOUS! Ain't nobody gonna be able to top that kind of humor. If you hook it to 2 golf Carts and have someone spray it with a garden hose as you tug on it in opposing directions,you just might be able to coax enough rug outta it,to cover a [bleep] toilet seat. Laffin'!

Your "Guide(s)" warrant being punched in the [bleep] mouth,for such an epic Goat [bleep]. Wow +P+! On the bright side however,you's in TALL cotton as Mickey Mouse hats go,because that Rat would make a killer one,though in size "[bleep]-A Small". Few can cite that they killed a Bear,smaller than the Hounds.

Someone glued this one's ears on crooked,along the side of it's head. Weird!?! Laffin'!

[Linked Image]

Here's to the hilarity of you doing your best,with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with. Knock it outta Da Park and slap a tape on that skull and report them "dimensions". I know...I know,it's at bigsqueeze's house. Laffin'!

The Texas version of everything,is just simply [bleep] pathetically hilarious!

brinky,

I always enjoy a good Imagined Pretend Ignore. Laffin'!

One thing is for certain about you...is when it's all said and done,there's gonna be a LOT more said than done. Sorry to hear another BWT fell through the cracks,though in fairness you've an uncanny connect percentage,in being able to keep your [bleep] firmly affixed to the couch. Congratulations?!!?

Bless your heart.

Techsan,

No doubt Gee' is on [bleep] fire!

Laffin'!

Guy',

Pistoles are for Play and Rifles is for Keeps and them differences is stark. Though in fairness,I'm more than a whole bunch [bleep] good with a pistole(understatement).

I've been trying to get charged for better than 25yrs and cain't seem to get the hang of playing a Victim. Hell I dunno...mebbe it's the look in my eyes?!?(grin) Nice thing about Life here on The Milford,is that there ain't a single month of the year,in which a Big Game Season ain't open. Crimps my style somewhat,that I've only 6 months of vacation a year,so I don't get to spend the quality time Outdoors that the "hard chargers" in The Paper Hat Brigade do. I mean these dudes are on [bleep] fire! Laffin'!

I can only Pretend to Imagine what it'd be like to go to Alaska and if I had the jack,I'd visit there for a coupla days,if only to say "I did it". Mebbe after having seen the conditions those guys deal with,I'd then give thought to toting a pistole over a rifle. I hear a shotgun is a really good option too. Thoughts?

Thanks!

archie',

I know I wouldn't want my Powder Bill.(grin)

'hunternm,

No foolin' a 200# Bear is rather sumptin'!

Mebbe some day I'll saw one in half,if only as a curiousity.

Laffin'!

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Boxer what you shoot those bears with? Are the rifles you carry typically 223 AIs w/ 75 gr AMaxes in the hole?

Have you ever done anything w/ the 80 gr AMax?

I have a 1-in-8" Swift in the works throated for your 75 gr but noticed the 80 at Midway the other night and wondered if it is worth investigation?

Thanks,

Efw

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About damn time you brought out your L 61 R and used it.grin

Nice bear man.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Boxer
If you hook it to 2 golf Carts and have someone spray it with a garden hose as you tug on it in opposing directions,you just might be able to coax enough rug outta it,to cover a [bleep] toilet seat. Laffin'!

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire but damn this is funny as [bleep]!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
If you hook it to 2 golf Carts and have someone spray it with a garden hose as you tug on it in opposing directions,you just might be able to coax enough rug outta it,to cover a [bleep] toilet seat. Laffin'!

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire but damn this is funny as [bleep]!

+1 - That's a Classic.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Swifty,

Keep dry-humpin' your plagiarized pics,you are really doing "well".

Laffin'!

Definition of plagerism.

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work.

Now Boxette, pull your panties down, blow the hemorrhoids out your nostrils, and take a deep breath.

Please show me where I meet the definition. Everything posted is free on the internet, just as any pic you post. When was it claimed as my work. When was sex and pretty women my exclusive idea.

Ohh that's right you is BIG STICK, superhero of the Klondike, doing things that's never been done before with a lot less.

You are really either so full of chit a waste treatment plant would be overloaded if you took a dump, or so full of themself that ya might as well live in an isolated place. God the stink out of you is horrendous.

Show me something ya haven't said or done before in the last 5 years. Hell show me something that aint been done in the last 20 or 30 years.

Just for you, and folks it aint my work.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Swifty
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Bears and hot ass, this thread sucked for a while but things are looking up.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Definition of plagerism.

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "purloining and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions," and the representation of them as one's own original work.

Now Boxette, pull your panties down, blow the hemorrhoids out your nostrils, and take a deep breath.

Please show me where I meet the definition. Everything posted is free on the internet, just as any pic you post. When was it claimed as my work. When was sex and pretty women my exclusive idea.

Ohh that's right you is BIG STICK, superhero of the Klondike, doing things that's never been done before with a lot less.

You are really either so full of chit a waste treatment plant would be overloaded if you took a dump, or so full of themself that ya might as well live in an isolated place. God the stink out of you is horrendous.

Show me something ya haven't said or done before in the last 5 years. Hell show me something that aint been done in the last 20 or 30 years.

Just for you, and folks it aint my work.

Swifty,
Boxer wants everyone to think he is the only man to ever do the things he does. How the hell did our fore fathers ever settle the wilds without all the fabulous gear he has! Granted he is doing things most of us will never do. As Gedub says he is there and we are here. I used to think I was a BIG MAN when I was a fire fighter and ran inside and fought fires. Used to think I was a special kind of man when I scraped up burnt up or mangled bodies. You know what? I was just doing what needed done. Some can do it some can't. Boxer is not the only man who has a tough outdoor job. He is not the only man to live in a rugged area. He lives in a place rich in fish and game that lets him do what most of us can only dream of doing and he enjoys rubbing our face in it. Then if he finds some of us are not unhappy with our lives he tries to degrade us and belittle us. I am one he does not bother. I like the easy life and he can call me a [bleep] all he wants. I am more envious of guys like Gedub and the guys out west who live where there are more types of game than I have, but he does not impress me. If he wants to impress me he can get rid of all the top notch gear he has and go survive those wilds. Pack into those wilds like they did 100 years ago and make it a year. That might impress me.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
There are those that DO, those that claim they DO, and those that Don't DO.

Boxer is one of those that DO, Like him or not. I don't believe he enjoys rubbing our face in it. I think he likes calling bullschit when he knows someone is full of chit! There is a difference. He has never once not been willing to help me out with advice. I have even heard the words I don't know out of his mouth, well ok typing!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do? Don't? Here 'n there?

Passing on the ice, the land of snakes 'n tygers is imminently preferable.

[Linked Image]

Phouc Rodney King.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
efw,

The 80's did nothin' for me,as the BC increase is offset by the loss of speed. 75's is MAGICAL and then some.

I carry a leetle of everything and gun an open mind.

Boolits matter far more than headstamps,as per always.

STW,

That was it's final Hoorah. Pard wanted it badly,so I let him have it.

She's done some splendid things,on her worst days.(grin)

MCH,

I personally enjoyed the ruse,that poor/dumb Gee' couldn't rightly know the rubbed out Rat's size. Oddly enough,she shut right the [bleep] up and there's little danger of a tape touching that micro skull.

[bleep] hilarious!

Swifty,

Keep telling yourself that you are knocking it outta Da Park,by gunning someone else's pics as your Trump Card. Laffin'!

There's no slighting how very badly you need your Imagination,as you keep "hard charging" from the couch and I rather enjoy your excuses and "justifications". Tell yourself that which you most need to hear and corroborate your sheer and utter nothingness by extolling your "best". Laffin'!

You whining Do Nothing [bleep] crack me the [bleep] up.

Wow +P+.

WSM,

I enjoy the notion,that you think your being a piece of schit is someone else's "fault". Now THAT is [bleep] funny! Sweetie,noone can degrade you better than you can,by you doing the best you can,with what incredibly little you have to work with and relating same. I'll happily provide all the slack on the rope,you think you can handle and please feel free to perpetually reiterate how you Do Nothing [bleep] that do the least...Whine the most.

Hilarious to me,that you are too [bleep] stupid to shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same. There is of course the chance,that you just might be the first Do Nothing [bleep] in the World,to Whine herself happy...butcha' ain't gonna like them "odds". Laffin'!

Your insecurities are very well founded and you really needn't mention again how your Life sucks,but here's to the hilarity of the fact that you are powerless to refrain such reiteration,if only obliviously. Laffin'!

Only you can prevent you from saying something [bleep] stupid and I do get a kick outta your being too [bleep] stupid to savvy same.

Happy Imagination and Pretend to you,if only because Reality ain't for everyone.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wow your panties are bunching up tight again. Loosen em so you don't get brain damage from lack of oxygen.
You got me laffin so hard it hurts. [Linked Image]

Swifty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

Gee',

That rubbed out Rat is [bleep] HILARIOUS! Ain't nobody gonna be able to top that kind of humor. If you hook it to 2 golf Carts and have someone spray it with a garden hose as you tug on it in opposing directions,you just might be able to coax enough rug outta it,to cover a [bleep] toilet seat. Laffin'!

Your "Guide(s)" warrant being punched in the [bleep] mouth,for such an epic Goat [bleep]. Wow +P+! On the bright side however,you's in TALL cotton as Mickey Mouse hats go,because that Rat would make a killer one,though in size "[bleep]-A Small". Few can cite that they killed a Bear,smaller than the Hounds.

Here's to the hilarity of you doing your best,with what incredibly [bleep] little you have to work with. Knock it outta Da Park and slap a tape on that skull and report them "dimensions". I know...I know,it's at bigsqueeze's house. Laffin'!

The Texas version of everything,is just simply [bleep] pathetically hilarious!

B,

I�m off to the �Petting Zoo� for five days of pretending. But before I left this thread it in your capable hands during that period, I just wanted to express my appreciation for your care and concern on my behalf.

And let no one say the Gdub ain�t got a sense of humor, That was a classic screed. I�d like your permission to �plagerize� it should I ever find the need to lampoon or belittle someone.. Let me know if it�s copyrighted and if royalty payments are in order.

Don�t know if you�re old enough to remember Yogi Bear cartoons, but as Yogi Bear sez �ya� gotta be smarter than the average bear�.

Before I �pulled the trigger� on that bear, I explained to the outfitter that we had 4 bathrooms in my house. I had strict orders from MaMaw to shoot one that would cover no less than four toilet seats.

Just to be sure, I purchased a Ronco, double your money back, Boy Scout approved, Gold Shield rated, New Mexico Guide Association guarantee that my bear would be good for at least 4 lids or I could come back and shoot another one this year for free. Wouldn�t do for MaMaw to have a cold tush.

Now for the smarter than the average bear part. A couple years ago I was faced with a similar dilemma. During my wanderings in Mexico way back when I used to be one of the people your mama warned you about an, old Indian Bruja/Shaman, instructed me in the way of �Spreadenouting�. Take the desiccated scrotum of a Wampus Kitty, venom from a �Spreadenouter� (we have those in the hill country), some El Jimador tequila a little petroleum jelly, and a few other ingredients that I can�t name, being as I was sworn to secrecy, only to reveal them to my closest bud on my death-bed. Anyw mix this solution in the proper parts, put in a spray bottle and mist the pelt you want to �spreadenouter�.

Here is an example of a pelt I did a while back. This poor little guy was in my garage. He was not feeling too chipper. Anyway when he expired I decided not to waste the pelt.

Unretouched before and after pix after only two treatments with my secret �spreadenouter tonic�. If I'm lyin, I'm dyin'.

Before

[Linked Image]

after

[Linked Image]

Consequently, if that hide turns out to be too small I�m covered six ways for Sunday.

So B, while you�re up there �doin�

I�ll be down here

Pretending and imagining to be ����

Hunting exotics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Perforating porkers

[Linked Image]

Calling varmints

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSCN1312.jpg[/img]

Seeing the sights

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN5057.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/DSCN2272.jpg[/img]

Maybe even listen to some Marshall Tucker..........

and do some of my own rainbow chasin'
[img]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/glenn1221/latestgunstuff/DSC01443.jpg[/img]

See ya'll next week.

GWB

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Blast a porker in the face for me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have fun Gdub, don't let any of them imaginary pigs get away without giving them some ear ache medicine. I would suggest a 243AI as the perfect pig ear drop application device. smile If you use the correct pig ear drops, and apply them with care from the 243AI it cures them right quick.

Page 91 of 229 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

138 members (44mc, 160user, 35, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,526 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,425
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.