-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bet it was the neighbors wife that called in the complaint.
Is she a 24/7/365 housewife?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okie

One of the neighbors cows got out the other day and shat in the driveway. That don't bother me none but if they showed up to drive their cows home wearin' what your ole boy does things could get dicey....

It sure does get dicey when you get that stuff between your toes when you step in it. Been there done that you haven't lived unless you've had to go into a 100x100 foot pen with fifty or hundred head of steers in the pen being fattened up for the packing plant and sinking up to your knees leaving one of your boots in the muck and having to go pearl diving to retrieve the boot.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
what's funny about this thread to me, is we have trained our dogs to bark. We leave the front door open which goes to a grated walkway where the pups can see out. They bark when they see someone approaching the house. They also bark inside the house and go on alert if they here something at night not quite right. Good burgler alarm. Never had a problem with the neighbors, their dogs do it to.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
use a knife to split the dogs tongue, and it will talk like a bird.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fish head
Last Monday an Animal Control Officer showed up at my doorstep with a written warning about my dog barking...
I filed a request for who made the complaint and found out on Saturday that it was my neighbor...
I decided to speak with him...
Guess what? He didn't make the complaint. Somebody used his name to falsely file a complaint...
Apparently it's a felony to falsely make a complaint...

Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
I applaud the way you handled it.

BS.

I have no respect for a man who lets his dogs bark until his neighbor is forced to either confront him or call the police. [/quote]

... After five years of no complaints, why should the OP have thought the level of barking on that Saturday was unacceptable?...

After 5 years of listening to his dog bark, his neighbor finally couldn't take it any more and called LE. Then, rather than taking care of the barking problem, he instead chose to confront his neighbor, who denied making the complaint. Now he's calling the complainer a felon. crazy

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Originally Posted by okie

One of the neighbors cows got out the other day and shat in the driveway. That don't bother me none but if they showed up to drive their cows home wearin' what your ole boy does things could get dicey....

It sure does get dicey when you get that stuff between your toes when you step in it. Been there done that you haven't lived unless you've had to go into a 100x100 foot pen with fifty or hundred head of steers in the pen being fattened up for the packing plant and sinking up to your knees leaving one of your boots in the muck and having to go pearl diving to retrieve the boot.

I have fond memories of standing in steaming cowpats during winter when I was a lad...there is a lot to said about a fresh cowpat when your bare toes are cold.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pal

After 5 years of listening to his dog bark, his neighbor finally couldn't take it any more and called LE. Then, rather than taking care of the barking problem, he instead chose to confront his neighbor, who denied making the complaint. Now he's calling the complainer a felon. crazy

It's all evened out now as far as I'm concerned.

I just threw nine balloons filled with Round-Up over the fence into the felon's yard.

grin grin grin ... laugh laugh laugh ... crazy crazy crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal
Last Monday an Animal Control Officer showed up at my doorstep with a written warning about my dog barking...
I filed a request for who made the complaint and found out on Saturday that it was my neighbor...
I decided to speak with him...
Guess what? He didn't make the complaint. Somebody used his name to falsely file a complaint...
Apparently it's a felony to falsely make a complaint...

I applaud the way you handled it.

BS.

I have no respect for a man who lets his dogs bark until his neighbor is forced to either confront him or call the police.

... After five years of no complaints, why should the OP have thought the level of barking on that Saturday was unacceptable?...

After 5 years of listening to his dog bark, his neighbor finally couldn't take it any more and called LE. Then, rather than taking care of the barking problem, he instead chose to confront his neighbor, who denied making the complaint. Now he's calling the complainer a felon. crazy [/quote]
---------------------------
Pal,

Despite your indicating I wrote it by "quoting" me, I didn't write "I applaud the way you handle it." Of course, you have missed some other key details in this thread, too.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
what's funny about this thread to me, is we have trained our dogs to bark. We leave the front door open which goes to a grated walkway where the pups can see out. They bark when they see someone approaching the house. They also bark inside the house and go on alert if they here something at night not quite right. Good burgler alarm. Never had a problem with the neighbors, their dogs do it to.
Originally Posted by RoninPhx

All night long?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Never said it was anyone's fault, I just don't want to live next to a bunch of folks that sit to piss.

Holy schitt no doubt, talk about the pussification of 'Merica. Jesus.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pal

It's all evened out now as far as I'm concerned.

I just threw nine balloons filled with Round-Up over the fence into the felon's yard.

grin grin grin ... laugh laugh laugh ... crazy crazy crazy

I will assume you are trying to be funny.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

349 members (16penny, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 44 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,022
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.