Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Lawdwaz Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
L
After seeing the second in a few days I thought this might be appropriate.

Our Lab we had as a kid once ate 12 hardboiled colored easter eggs mom had "hidden"!

My first Lab, Krista ate some trout off the grill one time. About 4-5 of them IIRC.

My present Lab, Jenny got an entire loaf of bread one time.

I guess these tales our pretty mild compared to some others!

How about yours?

GB4

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We had a cocker/Pomeranian mix that went everywhere with Dad. She would often be left in the car with bags of groceries while Dad ran other errands. She never once touched anything. There was one time when someone picked Dad up walking home from uptown. Knowing that this was not something that he did, they inquired about it. He sheepishly admitted that he had left his keys in the ignition and the dog had apparently locked all of the doors jumping around to see who was walking by, so he was headed home for a spare set. Another time, I was going past our local drive-in, and there sat Dad, listening to the Twins on the radio, eating an ice cream cone and holding another for the dog. While I was watching, he absent-mindedly took a lick from the dog's cone. She looked at him with the most hurt expression.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Had a lab that ate a bacon grease covered brillo pad. And a cocker spaniel who used to eat road apples in the horse pasture

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My golden ate a hole through the dry wall out to the siding in my bathroom.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My beagle routinely eats pine cones. Chews is more the appropriate word, but there ain't nothing left when he's done.

But the one time I worried, we came home to a huge mess of garbage he had gotten into. In that garbage was half a can of coffee grounds. Called the vet and he said just keep an eye on him for a few hours. That dog had the runs for a day or so but no other negative side effects. I thought for sure that was gonna cost me a trip in.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Cat [bleep] sandwich

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

Our Lab we had as a kid once ate 12 hardboiled colored easter eggs mom had "hidden"!

My first Lab, Krista ate some trout off the grill one time. About 4-5 of them IIRC.

How about yours?

Larry, I remember you telling the hard boiled egg story before, than gas had to be aweful!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rchery59
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz

How about yours?

Larry, I remember you telling the hard boiled egg story before, than gas had to be aweful!

"Cool Hand Lab"

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
When I was about 15 mom had the preacher and his wife over for Sunday dinner. She had fried a mountain of her famous chicken and it was piled up on a platter on the dinning room table. We were all sitting outside waiting for the guests to arrive. When we went in our GSP was up on the table scarfing fried bird as fast as he could go. Must have eaten about 2 chickens before we could stop him.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
My beagle thoroughly enjoys a nice piece of dried branch from one of the Pin Oaks on a daily basis....there's never anything left and her teeth are perfect.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wood chips and palm dates!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Camped out hunting at Christmas holidays with my college bud in east texas once. We had to break ice to bathe in a slough in Piney Creek bottom. My pointer got in the ice chest and ate a couple pounds of grandmothers sour cream butter. We didn't know it until we went to bed that night and found it up-chucked in the dead center of Arnies sleeping bag.

Hot damned that was funny -to me.

Last edited by eyeball; 05/21/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Of my four dogs, it is hard to imagine anything that Boo and Doodle won't eat.
[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My mom's lab has eaten a 10 lb honey ham, off the counter, as well as a box of Decon, never got sick.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
When I was a flooring dealer, a customer locked a Golden Retriever in the bathroom and it ripped up the linoleum then ate a big section of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cat [bleep] sandwich

We call them kitty snickers laugh

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My heeler loves chasing anything you will throw. He will pull the cover off of a baseball and eat the entire ball, cover and all in about 10 min. He is about halfway through a "unbreakable" kong ball right now but its taken about a year. Once he gets a little nick in it, it goes significantly faster.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Shared a house once with a guy whose year-old yellow lab ate a bait worm, fish hook and a couple of feet of nylon line.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those bird dogs do love string, don't they?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A friend of mine that is a vet says when a person starts a story "....my dog ate..." her immediate assumption is Lab.

They are stomachs on legs.

405wcf

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

659 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 160user, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 77 invisible), 2,493 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,962
Posts18,480,582
Members73,957
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.