-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a Cocker named Maggie that ate fiberglass insulation one time plus forever eating tinfoil out of the trash and a Corgi named Brownie that would eat the kids crayons at every chance he got.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB4

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brought home a nice jumbo yellow perch back in February and was getting ready to fillet it, but when I looked for it where I'd left it in the snow it was missing. A little searching turned up part of it - the rear third was missing and my dog was wearing a guilty expression. I ended up filleting it anyway and giving her the meat. smile

I was more than a little surprised by her behavior. Normally I can leave her home alone for 10+ hours with a bag of trash in the kitchen and she won't touch it at all.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
I bought 2 papa murphy family size stuff crust pizzas..uncooked I layed them on the hood of my trk and started in on our evenings beers ...came out to 2 empty pizza pans! and his (stupidest lab known top man btw) he was a big round pig as the yeast worked him over.. I cussed him out...a while latter he barfed up the biggest pizza I've seen to date! the dumb asz sob never learned at thing...still a box of rocks!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D-con and beer cans...

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
One time our lab ate 4 lbs of fudge out of the Christmas baskets we make each year, cellophane and all. Someone told me one time Chocolate can kill a dog, but ours must be superman (dog) - other than the 3 days of runs he had afterwards....

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad

"Cool Hand Lab"

grin

first thing I thought of!

"My boy can eat 50 eggs"

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by bbassi
One time our lab ate 4 lbs of fudge out of the Christmas baskets we make each year, cellophane and all. Someone told me one time Chocolate can kill a dog, but ours must be superman (dog) - other than the 3 days of runs he had afterwards....

I thought mine was invinceable when he ate a pound and a half of fudge. He's a lightweight

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Click it!

It's worth a minute of time.
Someone did a pretty good job with this. smile

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Someone told me one time Chocolate can kill a dog ....

I've been hearing that all my life, even from vets, and I'm not buying it.

Every dog I ever knew of, at least once in its life, ate a 1/2 pound (or more) of chocolate and not a single one of them ever died from it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My two labs have eaten several things including my wife's favorite baseball cap, my favorite baseball cap, a beefsteak tomato, three green peppers, about half a stapler off my desk, a cube of butter stolen out of the refrigerator, several tenis balls, a couple of the guaranteed indestructible Kong toys, the top off an apple pie my wife was baking in the thirty seconds or so she wasn't watching and a cantaloupe - the whole thing. I've probably forgotton a thing or two.

I can't recall they've been terribly sick over any of this.

IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I have owned GSP's all my life. Here are the ones I remember:

1. An entire blanket. Must have gotten bored in her kennel that night, in the morning it was gone. I figured it was in the laundry and thought nothing of it. Later, she started gagging and out of her mouth dangles a corner of the blanket. In order to keep her from suffocating I had to pull it hand over hand out of her. Ran it through the wash and it was pretty much good as new.

2. About 2/3 of a bottle of phenobarbitol. I believe it was a months supply. Showed no reaction, ever.

3. A beef roast she swiped off the cutting board while my mom wasn't looking. Mom chased her around until she could hardly walk. Once she had mom tired out, she ate the whole thing.

4. My buddy's duck stamp at 3 A.M. just before we were going to walk out the door to start setting up decoys. He drove all night from Nebraska and got here just in time. He was organizing everything to make sure he was legal and dropped the duck stamp. Dog snapped it up before either of us could react. He couldn't hunt until the post office opened later in the day.

5. Live frogs. Actually, she didn't really eat them, she liked to carry them around and suck on them. Whenever we were at my parents lake cabin she would catch a frog and carry it around for an hour or so, legs dangling out of her mouth. Frog flavor must only last an hour, because about then she would spit it out and go catch a fresh one.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Someone told me one time Chocolate can kill a dog ....

I've been hearing that all my life, even from vets, and I'm not buying it.

Every dog I ever knew of, at least once in its life, ate a 1/2 pound (or more) of chocolate and not a single one of them ever died from it.

I've always suspected that little lie came from some fat bishes that took offense to us guys feeding our best friend their midnight snacks. grin

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
apparently it's dark chocolate which can kill a dog.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
As a kid I can remember my dad going to the news stand every Sunday morning to get the paper with our dog in tow and every Sunday he got said dog a Hershey bar.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When my dog was just a pup she ate an entire plate of brownies, I was sure she was gonna die from all the chocolate but she pulled through.

On the other end of the delicious spectrum in the middle of winter my septic had backed up and was coming out of the cleanout. I hadn't been out back for a few weeks so didn't notice. Anyways the dog went out back and decided she was going to help clean up. Wouldn't have been such a problem if she didn't come inside and [bleep] puke on my white carpet. sick nastiest think I have every had the displeasure of cleaning up, ended up ripping up the carpet...

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
my beagle puppy has eaten anything and everything. my favorites were 4 cell phones, cat chit, shoes, toothbrushes, used maxipads---ugh---12 chicken bones (same time), trim from our wall, bugs, carpet, plastic BBs from airsoft guns, wood, socks, a blanket- in pieces, a kitten (when the cat had them we could not find her but the beagle did....ewww.

she also climbed my dresser somehow and grabbed a bottle of throat spray- the fluorescent green kind- and chewed it open on my new WHITE bedroom carpet.

i have caught her several times carrying lightbulbs around, as well as my glasses and a razor blade which i have no idea where she got.

best one? she stole a bottle of peroxide off the counter and ate a lot of it and drank it too. you guys with dogs know what happened next. i woke up to a dozen piles of puke. lol you'd think that would have taught her a lesson but noooo

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/21/13.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
deep breath....

...the carpet she could reach outside her cage, remote controls, extension cords, shoelaces, a baseball, a throwrug, coins, cat litter, rope, mulch, bark off trees, drywall...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2 $20 bills...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having owned beagles and labs all my life-boy have I got stories!
My black lab Shane ate a shovel handle. Not just a chunk of it-the entire handle. I'm firmly convinced he'd have eaten the blade too if he could have figured out how.

My chocolate lab Hunter sniped a big steak off the dining room table right before dinner.

Our beagles used to eat all those chicken bones they've always told us not to feed them. Never an ill effect.

My buddy had a hunting basset. Laziest damned hunting dog I ever worked with. When Ned decided he was done, he just laid down right in the middle of the field and expected to be carried out. Every try to carry a fat basset? It's like trying to carry a 4 foot long bag of potatoes. Damned dog wouldn't run for anything-except if he got his chops on a sandwich or other lunch goodies. You'd swear that dog had been shot of of a cannon and zapped with a cattle prod at the same time.

My buddy's golden really like hunting pheasants. Problem was he really like eating them too. You'd better beat the dog to the downed bird or you didn't get it.

My chocolate lab ate an entire football one time. Must have been tasty. He had one of these balls the kids used to sit on and bounce all over the place-you know-the big one with the molded D ring on it to hang on to. He'd grab that ball by that d-ring and shake it from side to side just beating himself senseless with it. He finally popped it and.....you guessed it-ate the entire thing.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My old lab Tank was a stomach on legs. Years ago, when my ex-wife and I were in college, I had roasted a few pheasants for supper. After eating, we cleaned up and set the roaster at the back of the counter to cool while we both went to a night class. When we returned home a couple of hours later, ol' Tank had cleaned up the roaster. It was on the floor in the kitchen, 2 pheasants gone and a quart of gravy as well. That night he layed a slick of the most disgusting diarrhea I've ever seen from one end of that trailer to the other. Being broke college students we were at a loss as to what we should do to fix the problem. I cleaned and scrubbed for hours and it still smelled bad, so off to rent a carpet cleaner we went. That did it, clean and good smelling right away. When we were gone returning the carpet machine he did it all over again. The ex went after him down the hall, a few seconds later she came screaming back down the hall with Tank on her heals pretty pizzed off. I guess he wasn't in any mood to take her [bleep] when his belly was hurting. I laugh about it every time I think of it.

Another time he ate two pumpkin pies off the counter that my mom had made for Thanksgiving. She wasn't at all impressed with him for quite some time.

I could tell stories of the chit that dog ate for a long time. He just never quit consuming everthing that struck his fancy. Even twisted his stomach one time. Not sure that had anything to do with his eating habits, but it was an interesting experience. Hauled him to the vet at 1am and had to help with the surgery. He ate one tablespoon of wet dog food a day for a month after the surgery. Went from 100lbs down to maybe 70 - looked like death. Two months after the surgery you couldn't even tell it had happened.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 60 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.