Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the little dog ate a bunch of ant traps, tons of paper products
my old dog would eat anything socks, a bag of water balloons, a pumpkin pie, foil pie pan and all. he learned he could punch holes in cans and bottles and suck out the insides, came home and he could barley walk, then i found a drained bottle of peppermint schnapps.
The current big dog is a sucker for beer, he won't eat most things but will steal beer, he will grab the bottle and tip it up to pour it down his throat, i can't leave beer with in reach of the dog. Same dog won't steal food off my plate, it's kind of wierd

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB4

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Being around dogs all my life I have seen them eat things I would have never believed possible. The one thing that I still have a hard time with is catching my old border collie/heeler mix eating one of my porcupines I had stored in the cold shop. I sell them in the winter and had 20 of them or so on hand. I must have forgotten to close the door all the way. I walked in the next morning and there was a half eaten porcupine with quills and hair everywhere. She didn't have 1 quill stuck in her. That afternoon I was walking over to the barn, the dogs always poop along the grass between the barn and house, there was a dog turd laced with quills and hair. I have seen coyote turds laced with them but never my dog's.

Lucas

Well its a dog eat dog, eat cat too, French eat frog, and I'll eat you....
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I had a Lab (of course) who ate a pound and a half of Nestle chocolate chips one late Christmas eve. I called my vet and he said to watch him (I forget what I was watching for) and whatever I did, don't let him drink water.

Well I'd been home quite a while before I got ahold of the vet and I knew every time he drank, he would throw up more of the chocolate and I figured that had to be a good thing so I let him continue.

I sat with him, periodically cleaning up the mess, until about 4:00 AM when he quit drinking and throwing up and had been acting "normal" for a good long spell, at which point I put him out in the kennel and went to bed. When I went out in the morning to get him, he was all happy and active and surrounded by dozens of little things that looked just like Hershey Kisses.

He was a great dog, regardless.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My old doberman licked a 1 quart can of white lithium grease clean as a whistle. For a couple of days he could chitt through a keyhole at 30 feet. Loved raw taters right out of the bag as well.

Current yellow lab will pass up a T-bone steak in favor of a loaf of bread.

Denny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my GSP will pass up a steak for a sip of milk.....the schipperkee loves bread....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a beagle/cocker mix that would go to the park across the street and steal kids hot dogs. My uncle saw him comeing home one afternoon with an entire round steak in his mouth. It dangled down between his feet and dragging the ground, and one pissed off family in the park! Seen him come home once with entire package of Farmer John wieners.

Buddys GSP ate four pounds of deer suasage, no breakfast that morning!

My black lab went through four garden hoses her first summer. Labs will eat ANYTHING!

Sean
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cat [bleep] sandwich

We call them kitty snickers laugh

Almond Roca
[Linked Image]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
We had a lab that knocked a container of starter for Amish Friendship Bread off the counter and ate it all - about 3 quarts. It's a sweet sourdough starter.

That poor dog was in such terrible distress with awesome bloat for about 12 hours.

Same dog was a trash hound. she ate aluminum foil that had been wrapped around meat. That hurt upon exit.

She also ate plastic wrap. It's very tough for a dog to cut that with a sphincter.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Cat [bleep] sandwich

We call them kitty snickers laugh

Our doge eats it out of the litterbox, we call it kitty roca

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ali I can say is this thread makes me feel so much better!

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I had a beagle that ate an entire 2# box of chocolate candy, my Dad stayed up with her all night letting her out when she needed to pass some of the chocolate. Aside from the mega-squirts for a day or so she was none the worse for wear. Another beagle gorged herself on the little mushrooms that pop up in the lawn in the spring. She was really sick for a few days and had to be slowly fed smal quanitites of very moist dog food until her system settled down. The mushrooms apparently were quite toxic. My grandmother's Manchester Terrier liked to hang around the corner Mom & Pop store. It like to pickup the chewing gum the kids disccarded, the dog would come home happily chewing away on whatever wad of gum she'd managed to find.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My golden lab was old..14-16? when left alone with a fresh baked and frosted chocolate cake on the dining room table.

It was too much temptation and was devoured before the old bat could return home.

My brother's birthday cake, he was happy to share it with Tammy.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Had a boxer that loved vasaline and bar soap. Had to keep the bathroom doors closed. Dog was never constipated.

I am currently being trained by my first Lab and after 10 months of, "Bodie! Don't eat that! Drop it!", I have concluded that he can eat anything without repercussions. He even tried to lick up some Hoppes! His current favorite thing is my pear tree, or what's left of it.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My old beagle ate the cheese and sauce encrusted aluminum foil wrapper from a sub sandwich.

That evening, in the back yard by the glow of the moon, you could see the twinkles in the moonlight.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Our old pug snuck a box of chocolate Girl Scout cookies into boys bedroom. Neatly opened box and ate em. Opened it like a human!!!!

While an asst. scoutmaster we were camping one weekend on scoutmaster a ranch. I had fried up a BIG mess of blackstrap as the boys patrol were all riding school bus out to ranch after school. I set bowl of said back strap in picnic table and went to making biscuits. Scoutmaster cocker gor on table and ate whole bowl!!!

She was miserable but happy.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My GSP has eaten the bottom foot off our living room curtains...twice. If you want to see a mad wife let her find her new set of curtains with half of them missing.
The kid's Legos are also fair game and crayons are another favorite.
Strangely she never bothers shoes or chews on wood trim or furniture, I guess I should be thankful for that.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is something I'm glad to not have seen.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
On the way back from hunting one Saturday a grouse turned up missing. No feathers, no mess so the dog didn't get blamed, Sunday I was on the way back out with the dog in the back seat. He starts gagging and pukes up just as nice as you please a complete grouse skeleton and some feathers onto one of the old IBM punch cards like your utility bill used to come on. Not so much as a feather off the punch card. Gotta love a neat dog.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Out first Airedale ate half a loaf of fresh hot bread and complained loudly for a day.
Our lab ate whole ham we had for a party - what a fun party it was after that:)

This lab will also hunt bushes for birds, when he kills a bird he will bring it to show and than eat it whole with beak and everything.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Another beagle gorged herself on the little mushrooms that pop up in the lawn in the spring. She was really sick for a few days and had to be slowly fed smal quanitites of very moist dog food until her system settled down. The mushrooms apparently were quite toxic.

actually just the opposite, the shrooms werent toxic....general rule is if the mushroom causes digestive upset it likely not poisonous....most poisonous mushrooms you eat just fine and drop dead a day or two later.....most shrooms have a chemical in them that causes digestive upset and not much else....and actually some of the gourmet ones have it aswell just in quantities that make only certain people sensitive to it sick but most people tolerate it fine in the lower dose.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 55 invisible), 2,621 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.