-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You're still here Kevin??? Damn, I need to chastise the "powers that be" here on the campfire to get busy. laugh

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
22WRF,

Don't give Larry Root credit for more than reading the internet. He's a pathological type who has to always be at the center of attention. He has a compulsion to be a perpetual expert on all things.

He's a Ernest Hemingway wannabe with attempts at publsihing (literary itch), Key West connection, personal appearance, rifle photos and info, etc.

Fire members call him out and some have enough computer savy to counter Larry's "computer expertise", used in trying to circumvent the Fire rules and wishes of the owner.

Is this someone you want to champion?

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
22WRF,

Don't give Larry Root credit for more than reading the internet. He's a pathological type who has to always be at the center of attention. He has a compulsion to be a perpetual expert on all things.

Fire members call him out and some have enough computer savy to counter Larry's "computer expertise", used in trying to circumvent the Fire rules and wishes of the owner.

Is this someone you want to champion?

DF

Dirt Farmer

We all suffer from the human condition. Certainly your assessment of Mr. Root may be correct for you. Its your right to not like him. Its your right to not like me.

But again I ask, what is so difficult about just passing over what he or I or anyone else writes. What is so damn difficult.

There are quite a few people on here whom I find to be the same as you find Mr. Root to be. I think they are pricks. And I have to apologise for being human in the sense that once in awhile I do make the mistake of posting if I don't like someting they are saying. But I know its stupid to do so. The right thing to do is just ignore it, and stay on the topic of the thread. (Or to put it another way, I think people should be able to write anything they want to write, but I don't think they should write a lot of things. How is that for being mixed up)

This is a forum about guns and hunting. That is what the threads should be about. And if someone doesn't like what somebody else is posting they should just ignore it rather than try to act as a moderator for everyone else for the very reason that some people may find the posts interesting and worthwhile.

As I said, I found what Mr. Root had to say about redfield as educational. I didn't previously know some of that information. You found it to be "pathological". Thats fine. You are entitled to that. But as I said, the reason to just glance over those items you don't like rather than ban people from writing them is because they may have value to other people.

And that is really what I am about here. I come here for the free exchange of ideas about guns and hunting.

As far as the "Fires Rules". Mr. Root may be breaking them, but if a moderator were tasked with the duty to ban every single person who breaks the rules on this site, you would be gone, I would be gone, and most of the people who have posted on this thread would be gone.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could have swore your 10:13am EDT said you were done with this thread.

Apparently...not?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Aparently not. And its ad hominem anyway. This thread is not about me.
It shouldn't be about anyone. It should be about redfield scopes.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

Apparently...not?
Kevin has repeatedly stated in previous discussions that he cannot stop replying if someone replies to him. I don't know if Rick Bin gave him an order to make replies or if he just lacks self-control.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 22WRF
And its ad hominem anyway.

hominem, grits, hell. It don't matter as long as there's scrambled eggs and bacon with it.

And a redfield scope on your squirrel rifle.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by RWE

Apparently...not?
Kevin has repeatedly stated in previous discussions that he cannot stop replying if someone replies to him. I don't know if Rick Bin gave him an order to make replies or if he just lacks self-control.

Bricktop

Come on Bob, if you are going to use my name, please respect me enough to use yours as well?

"1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire."

There must be a reason for user names on these sites. It may be to keep ones privacy. It doesn't really bother me if people use my name. Everyone knows who I am anyway. But I think its pretty disrespectful to hide behind a user name while at the same time using another person's real name.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This discussion is way off. It is way off the subject matter of the thread.

You do not learn, do you!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
maybe not from poor teachers. but neither do you. your comment is ad hominem and is not about the subject matter of the thread.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well damn, I see Kevin is still here. I suppose I don't have the clout and authority to have him banned.

I'm not really surprised, but am a little bummed as I had a whole list of jokers I was going to submit for banning! lol laugh

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You cannot be helped, so I shall ignore you.

Goodbye.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
maybe not from poor teachers. but neither do you. your comment is ad hominem and is not about the subject matter of the thread.

You know, traditionally the phrase "ad hominem" is used to describe when debating a specific argument that an individual will resort to personal attacks on the other.

Since you haven't really participated in discussing Redfield scopes in this thread, I believe you are using the phrase out of context.

In a sense, by your usage, everything you have done in this thread is ad hominem to Fost (et al.), and therefore, not about the subject matter of the thread.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree to a degree. In parts of this thread the subject matter became ME and other members, but not by my choice.

Nevertheless, if we agree its wrong, then lets end it, both here and on other threads. I do not see any headings where the subject matter is supposed to be other members. Its supposed to be guns and hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Yup.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I agree to a degree. In parts of this thread the subject matter became ME and other members, but not by my choice.

Nevertheless, if we agree its wrong, then lets end it, both here and on other threads. I do not see any headings where the subject matter is supposed to be other members. Its supposed to be guns and hunting.

You know if you would just heed this idea........

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That photo wasn't originally posted by me, and is a perfect example of ad hominem childish behavior by Thomasmagnum.

And Kenjs1, I would be happy to heed my idea if others, including you, would as well.

Again, this thread is NOT supposed to be about me. Why did you continue to make it so. You and your cohorts want others to obey the so called rules here on 24 hour. Yet you insist that its okay for you and others to break them.

The rules.

Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire.

So please, stop attacking me. this thread shoud revert back to Redfield Scopes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That photo wasn't originally posted by me, and is a perfect example of ad hominem childish behavior by Thomasmagnum.
Frankly it made me sad, and now my weepy vagina hurts too frown

Sorry man. You're right I was being childish.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the aditional comments you inseted that I did not make are ad hominem and childish.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And the aditional comments you inseted that I did not make are ad hominem and childish.

I'm rubber.. You're glue... whatever you say... bounces off me... and sticks to you!

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 3,172 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,964
Posts18,519,505
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.