Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 38 39
CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
To repeat for those who asked:

. . . "All possessed of the Campfire spirit are welcome" !!

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by safariman
Health and finances allowing I would sure love to come. Sherri would, too. Will look at the opportunity more closely as the date approaches.

Mark,

I have United frequent flier miles I would be more than happy to offer to fund one flight. You will have to pay for your wife's flight though. laugh Here's the deal. You find the funds for your flight and PM me the details, dates, airports and I will see what I can do to handle hers via my miles. I need to sort out exactly how to do this. Let me know.

Ed

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I can drag Karnis away,from his needle point, a couple of Turd-Like members may show up!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It's on my calendar. Hopefully work will cooperate.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You will recall that - last Fall - I threatened you with my attendance at this year's "quilting bee".

I make good on threats. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
...I'll also bring you some of that nasty Pendleton.

Oh wouldn't that be a shame wink

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Judy and the kids are planning on going,me,well depends on what is going on the farm at that time.

Since it will be Ed's birthday does that mean that he buys lunch for everyone there? smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Originally Posted by eh76
...I'll also bring you some of that nasty Pendleton.

Oh wouldn't that be a shame wink

or, I might have to corrupt folks with Rebecca... smirk grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by safariman
Health and finances allowing I would sure love to come. Sherri would, too. Will look at the opportunity more closely as the date approaches.

Mark,

I have United frequent flier miles I would be more than happy to offer to fund one flight. You will have to pay for your wife's flight though. laugh Here's the deal. You find the funds for your flight and PM me the details, dates, airports and I will see what I can do to handle hers via my miles. I need to sort out exactly how to do this. Let me know.

Ed

That is a most wonderful offer! Thank you! That is a big part of the equation so we will consider that.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Judy and the kids are planning on going,me,well depends on what is going on the farm at that time.

Since it will be Ed's birthday does that mean that he buys lunch for everyone there? smile

No problem. Do you prefer white or wheat bread for your PB&J? grin

For the folks contemplating making this for the first time, I can't stress enough what a great bunch of folks show up at these.

There are a lot of places to camp and, as Ken pointed out, there are two motels in Quemado and two beds at his place for those who prefer a roof over their heads at night.

The Largo cafe IS a good place to eat if you are allergic to my coffee, Mudhen's fantastic burritos, Dennisinaz's pancakes and sausage, Thomasmagnum's pulled pork, Milespatton's goodies, the hamburgers, hot dogs, or the myriad of pies, pastries, and cookies that usually show up. grin

If we are fortunate enough to get to stay at the Armijo Springs campground again there is a Forest Service toilet there and plenty of places to park and set up tents. It didn't rain last year and I just slept out on my cot. Far enough from the others that my snoring didn't bother anyone else except the migration pattern of various large mammals and a few smaller birds. laugh

We shoot a few dozen yards from the camping area, so there is always an opportunity to show off your firearms prowess. We also have at least one informal shooting contest, The Prairie Dog Shoot.
One shot, cold bore, at whatever range we can stretch it to. Last year at Quemado we only had 100yds. At Sierra Vista we shot at 200yds. Hopefully we can stretch it to 200yds at Quemado this summer. See if anyone can beat the Krag. grin

There is the obligatory swap meet with a road trip to Ken's house to do the deed this year. It's all of 17 miles, so we should be able to make the trip without too much stress. grin

Good food, great people, great times. Even if Jon shows up in his toe shoes... eek laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apologies in advance �

You'll probably conclude, from my inactivity at the gathering, that I'm a stand-offish clod.

Clod, yes. Stand-offish, not a bit.

Since the stroke paralyzed my throat, I can barely speak, so when I try to take part in a conversation, nobody notices. Speaking is difficult, so I have to pause a lot more often than normal conversation usually allows � so it's natural to assume that I've stopped talking. Others continue the conversation.

'Tis just the way that it is.

The usual tread-wear from 82 years on the pavement has also made it hard for me to hear normal conversation. So I can not tell what others are murmuring to each other. 'Tisn't that I'm ignoring anybody when I get a faraway or blank look in my eye or nod-off � 'tis only that I'm not �in it.�

'Tain't easy bein' senile! Enjoy the camaraderie with the others, and rest assured that if I could mingle, I would � enthusiastically. As 'tis, I get a comforting kick just watching y'all having a great time among yourselves. Wishing that I could be part of it is ancillary.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

No problem. Do you prefer white or wheat bread for your PB&J? grin

For the folks contemplating making this for the first time, I can't stress enough what a great bunch of folks show up at these.

There are a lot of places to camp and, as Ken pointed out, there are two motels in Quemado and two beds at his place for those who prefer a roof over their heads at night.

The Largo cafe IS a good place to eat if you are allergic to my coffee, Mudhen's fantastic burritos, Dennisinaz's pancakes and sausage, Thomasmagnum's pulled pork, Milespatton's goodies, the hamburgers, hot dogs, or the myriad of pies, pastries, and cookies that usually show up. grin

If we are fortunate enough to get to stay at the Armijo Springs campground again there is a Forest Service toilet there and plenty of places to park and set up tents. It didn't rain last year and I just slept out on my cot. Far enough from the others that my snoring didn't bother anyone else except the migration pattern of various large mammals and a few smaller birds. laugh

We shoot a few dozen yards from the camping area, so there is always an opportunity to show off your firearms prowess. We also have at least one informal shooting contest, The Prairie Dog Shoot.
One shot, cold bore, at whatever range we can stretch it to. Last year at Quemado we only had 100yds. At Sierra Vista we shot at 200yds. Hopefully we can stretch it to 200yds at Quemado this summer. See if anyone can beat the Krag. grin

There is the obligatory swap meet with a road trip to Ken's house to do the deed this year. It's all of 17 miles, so we should be able to make the trip without too much stress. grin

Good food, great people, great times. Even if Jon shows up in his toe shoes... eek laugh

Ed
Wheat and make it baloney with mustard and onions ok. grin

If this get together is anything like Sierra Vista,(to the newbies going)you will laugh so hard,eat well and have the best time of your life. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
� For the folks contemplating making this for the first time, I can't stress enough what a great bunch of folks show up at these. � If this get together is anything like Sierra Vista � you will laugh so hard, eat well, and have the best time of your life. smile

Those of us who've been to any of these fandangos are hoping that there'll be a record crowd here this time.

The one draw-back that has plagued our earlier gatherings is the number of wish-so-and-so-were-heres who didn't come.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
� The Largo cafe IS a good place to eat if you are allergic to my coffee, Mudhen's fantastic burritos, Dennisinaz's pancakes and sausage, Thomasmagnum's pulled pork, Milespatton's goodies, the hamburgers, hot dogs, or the myriad of pies, pastries, and cookies that usually show up. grin

Or if you get here early or stick around longer than the camp-ground doin's � which aren't bad plans at all.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I accidentally met Blue (Rio7) at the Largo last year as we had both showed up early, and we had a great time hanging out and met some really good people in Quemado. One man that was working for the owner of the motel and Cafe took us coyote hunting and the motels owner invited us out to see his bear and lion dogs. He even invited us to go with him to run his dogs one day but I had to decline since my knee operation was fresh. Lots of nice people around that part of the world. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I would love to come out. But it looks like a third summer in hospital with wifey. Just havta play it by ear and see what's going on in August.

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
I just went throught there its nice now. August is going to be a bear.

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=87829

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Judy and the kids are planning on going, me, well depends on what is going on the farm at that time. �

When Judy's around, does anybody notice whether you are? grin

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
I just went throught there its nice now. August is going to be a bear.

I was there last year and I can tell you what it will be. It will be a blast! It will be more fun than you can imagine. It will be filled with great people and good times. And the weather was nice too.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The weather up there is mighty fine that time of year. Days just warm enough without really getting to "hot" and cool pleaseant nights.

Page 3 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, 8MMX57JS, 8 invisible), 863 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,113
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.