-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The man who pulled the trigger is the responsible one, period. Time to quit making excuses for trigger happy cops .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unlike in the military, a cop has the option of refusing to participate in STUPID operations.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Well, at least he got to shoot somebody.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Regular people in Deetrouit/Chitcago can't even own a gun. How in the hell does the Gestapo justify a submachine gun?

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/06/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
A few years ago there was a program that followed various SWAT teams around with a camera.

I was most impressed with the Dallas team. Very professional, very creative, and they actually understood TACTICS.

There was another Texas team I liked. They would deploy their snipers ahead of time and have them in an over watch position before the raid team would even arrive. There were team that understood it was prior planning and excellent execution was what brought everyone home, and not an unplanned application of brute force.

The one I was the least impressed with was Detroit. When Detroit was on I called it "Amateur Hour".

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A few years ago there was a program that followed various SWAT teams around with a camera.

I was most impressed with the Dallas team. Very professional, very creative, and they actually understood TACTICS.

There was another Texas team I liked. They would deploy their snipers ahead of time and have them in an over watch position before the raid team would even arrive. There were team that understood it was prior planning and excellent execution was what brought everyone home, and not an unplanned application of brute force.

The one I was the least impressed with was Detroit. When Detroit was on I called it "Amateur Hour".

Do you remember if it was a big city or small town (the other team you liked)?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This sob should be hung and then skinned and have it mounted in the police department headquarters as a reminder of what stupidity and arrogance gets you. Or better yet, after he's found guilty, put this rambo bass turd in general pop. and let it be known he is a child killing cop! YEah, that would work! See if THEY would be afraid to TOUCH him!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1.GSG 9, Germany
2.San Antonio, Texas

Our guys the best in the US?

Must be why we never hear much about 'em.

Oh, we hear they get called out sometimes, and of arrests made, but that ain't big news.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's the sad thing about great cops... you never hear anything about them.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Do you remember if it was a big city or small town (the other team you liked)?

As I recall, it was a smaller city, smaller then Dallas. They didn't have near the toys Dallas did, but they made very good use of what they had.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If it was Court TV, that was likely us. They came and filmed us a few times, and what you're describing is how we did things (which most folks didn't).

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Well Blue, I must say, that was some fine work you boys did. If everyone put as much thought, planning, and care into their operations as your dept. we would have few of these discussions.

Keep up the good work.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Calhoun

It's like cornerbacks. If you don't hear their name, they've had a great game.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If it was Court TV, that was likely us. They came and filmed us a few times, and what you're describing is how we did things (which most folks didn't).

I can just see you boys loadin' up in the back of Jim Bob's crew cab, him drivin' it right into the livin' room and y'all pilin' out swingin' 2X4's. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We used aluminum TBall bats, duh....

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570

I can just see you boys loadin' up in the back of Jim Bob's crew cab, him drivin' it right into the livin' room and y'all pilin' out swingin' 2X4's. grin

You are confusing them with the boys from Tennessee. They were real "Bubba's"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Blue, I must say, that was some fine work you boys did. If everyone put as much thought, planning, and care into their operations as your dept. we would have few of these discussions.

Keep up the good work.

I left a few years ago. I'm sure it's gone to crap without me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's a link to the original thread when this jumped off three years ago;

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/4097891/1

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Back in the 90's in the Denver area, a bunch of cops busted into a house looking for drugs or whatever. Turns out there was a family of Mexicans living there who apparently had no connection with drugs. They might have been illegal but weren't in the drug trade. Anyway, they killed the old man (why is it always old people or kids they pick on?) because he couldn't understand English and thought a bunch of burglars were breaking in, so he pulled a gun to defend his family. Of course the cops said, "Oh if he hadn't had the gun he would still be alive...it was his fault he died." Yea right.

Long story short, the resulting lawsuit (the cops lied on the search warrant and then shopped it around until they found a sympathetic judge) caused, at least, a temporary reduction in no knock home invasions by police...went down by like 70% or something. I am sure other innocents were saved by this event, but the poor bastard they shot twenty or so times was still just as dead.

Maybe because of this little girls death, Detroit will reduce unnecessary police violence. One can hope.

At least the cops didn't use an armored vehicle and burn the place to the ground or drop a bomb from a helicopter...gotta give a little credit I guess.

You see in this world, there's two kinds of people my friend; those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun

NOT often enough, no...

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (007FJ, 160user, 1minute, 1234, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 66 invisible), 2,828 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,370
Posts18,469,135
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.