Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
they work in conjunction with the vice on the end. So you can clamp long pieces for wookworking.

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by whitedogone
Since I'm off for Marty's Birthday, I had some time to get one press mounted. It's removable and can be locked down anywhere along the bench. I used T nuts under holes I drilled in the top and threaded clamping knobs. I also plan to mount my measures,trimmer, and shotshell presses with this system. This press was mounted higher so that drawers below will work with it mounted and to get it a little higher.

[Linked Image]

Where did you find those nice threaded knobs? What diameter are the screws on them?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
No problem

- Henry Ford
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I use three smaller benches. I'm thinking of consolidating to two. I like to keep a separate bench for the scales. What are your thoughts on this setup?
From Northern Tool

Remember, not everyone has a happy ending, so be happy when you can
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by HaYen
I use three smaller benches. I'm thinking of consolidating to two. I like to keep a separate bench for the scales. What are your thoughts on this setup?
From Northern Tool

I'm sure it would work, but it is rather crude looking. Remember, you'll have quite a bit more cash in it with lumber and all.

- Henry Ford
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's hard to make one for the cost of the one whitedogone bought. The drawers really add to the versatility. I got mine for under 140.00

[Linked Image]

What I used to use served me quite well, but it's nice to have room to work and use the bigger bench for other projects like building arrows.

[Linked Image]

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
If anyone with limited WW skills needs one of the elevated press mounts, I can make one for you.

- Henry Ford
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Go to your local unfinished furniture store and check out Baker's tables. They have thick butcher block tops and substantial 4 x 4 legs. Bought mine several years ago and I am very pleased with it, couldn't have built one for the cost + it looks great.
While you're there you might want to do as I did and purchase a high back swivel bar stool. You can reload in comfort and style then, plus the Baker's table height allows you the option of working either standing or sitting.

Last edited by gunswizard; 02/11/13.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grizzly.com sells maple butcherblock tops in various sizes if you just want that for a top and build your own bottom for it.

Otto is my co-pilot.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
If you have a Grainger nearby they also stock butcherblock tops in various sizes. Save on shipping by picking up locally.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by whitedogone
If anyone with limited WW skills needs one of the elevated press mounts, I can make one for you.

I had whitedogone make a removable elevated press mount for me and it works great with my press. I highly recommend him for anyone who either doesn't have the time or tools to make their own mount.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I started this thread in hopes that someone would find this low cost solution helpful. A lot of guys don't want to spent a lot of time or cash on building a bench. The harbour freight bench is very solid, has some nice features, is nice size for those getting starting in loading, and is very cost effective. Sure, you could go out and spent $350-400 on just a top and then another $100-300 on materials for the base. Then, spent a whole weekend (or two)building something. For those who'd offer such solution, maybe you could start your own thread showing the virtues of such a system. WDO

- Henry Ford
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Hey everyone, new around here, Wdogone that looks very sharp!
After a very long time loading in cramped quarters, (kids claiming every room in sight), I decided to carve out my own corner in the world-just like many of you. Had some left-over materials, total cost about $60.

Started...
[Linked Image]

Work in progress...
[Linked Image]

Done.
[Linked Image]

When I told my wife I was going for some therapy, she almost fell down. She asked me what was wrong and I told her nothing, I'm going to load some bullets in my new "den"-I call it therapy. Good thing she only threw a pillow at me... grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
]

[/quote]

Last edited by dingo; 03/31/13.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
tag

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am fixing to start a new house and will have a reloading room. Would like to have some more pictures for ideas I can use to put together my cabinets. I am goin to build them so the sky's the limit I suppose

"If you got it, you got it!" In memory of Pops, gone but never forgotten
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
ar15.com has a 50 page thread of guys reloading benches. I found it on a google search some are pretty nice and some are pretty simple.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Nice job!
Every man needs a corner of the world like that:)
...for therapy!

Last edited by Dnalsi; 06/08/13.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 160user, 1936M71, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,931
Posts18,498,675
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.