Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Link...![/color][/b]

In a Spanish-language interview Sunday with the network Univision, Sen. Marco Rubio, the leading Republican on the Gang of Eight comprehensive immigration reform group, made his strongest statement yet that legalization of the nation�s estimated 11 million illegal immigrants must happen before any new border security or internal enforcement measures are in place, and will in no way be conditional on any security requirements.

�Let�s be clear,� Rubio said. �Nobody is talking about preventing the legalization. The legalization is going to happen. That means the following will happen: First comes the legalization. Then come the measures to secure the border. And then comes the process of permanent residence.�

In most of his public appeals for the Gang of Eight bill, Rubio has stressed its enforcement provisions, saying that border security must come before immigrants are granted legal permanent resident status. What he has not stressed so much is the fact that the bill would legalize the 11 million almost immediately, after they have passed background checks and paid some sort of fine. That would happen before any new security measures are completed, or even begun.

But on that he was very clear in his Univision appearance. �As for the legalization, the enormous majority of my colleagues have accepted that it has to happen and that it has to begin at the same time we begin the measures for [the border],� Rubio said. �It is not conditional. The legalization is not conditional.�

[b]
Some excerpts from Sunday morning's "Al Punto" program on Univision, where Sens. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), John McCain (R-Ariz.), and Harry Reid (D-Nev.) responded to questions from host Maria Elena Salinas:

Salinas to Rubio: You said this week that you would be inclined to vote against the legislation that you yourself helped to write unless there were some amendments that would strengthen even more the security of the border. Would you be willing to throw everything overboard?

Rubio: No, I am 100 percent committed to the issue of migration, immigration reform. To the contrary, I am going to continue working to ensure that that does not happen. My point is that if we can't secure the border, if we can't take the steps necessary to win the confidence of our colleagues, this is never going to become law, and we are wasting our time. But I don't think we're going to reach that point. I simply think that if we achieve a reasonable means � to secure the border and prevent any kind of other wave of illegal immigration in the future, we will have more than enough votes.

Rubio, responding to the concern that legalization might be delayed and therefore be subjected to the policies of future administrations: Let's be clear. Nobody is talking about preventing the legalization. The legalization is going to happen. That means the following will happen:[color:#FF0000] First comes the legalization. Then come the measures to secure the border. And then comes the process of permanent residence. What we're talking about here is the system of permanent residence. As for the legalization, the enormous majority of my colleagues have accepted that it has to happen and that it has to begin at the same time we begin the measures for [the border]. It is not conditional. The legalization is not conditional.

McCain, responding to Salinas' observations about the buildup of the Border Patrol in recent years: I agree with you that the border is more secure. But I would also argue that, looking at the flow of drugs and now the increase of illegal crossings partially due to the improved economy, that it is not secure. That is where the Secretary of Homeland Security and I are in disagreement. But we need to show our colleagues that we are taking sufficient steps, particularly with the use of technology. It's not people on the border. We now have 21,000 Border Patrol agents. It is the use of technology for surveillance.

Reid, responding to Salinas' question as to whether he has 60 votes committed to the bill: I believe we do. I really, seriously believe we do. � We have more than 90 percent of the Democrats. All we need is a little help from the Republicans.

Reid on his personal commitment to the bill: This is very personal to me. My father-in-law, my wonderful wife's dad, immigrated from Russia. We are a nation of immigrants. � We are going to pass this legislation. It's the right thing to do.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You just can't win

This is at best, backwards

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Didnanyone really think a spic politician was gonna do anything to stop the legalization of all those immigrants and out border security at the top

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
SURPRISE!

not.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good...maybe Romney will run again. You can bet that Rove ain't gonna let a Teabagger run anyway.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Now there's a good solid 'conservative' the Party Boys can back....

...just like Dole, McLame, and Romney!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rubio I think you've been out voted the American people want to know about the government spying on them and they want to know now.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why don't they just enforce the current laws?

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Because they want these illegals given voting rights. They know damn well that is a ticket to an infinite dem. rule

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Its finally starting to settle about this shill.
Call him a RINO, a tool, a dupe, an opportunist.
Call him anything but Conservative.
What's best is to forget him.
He's over & done.
Nothing there for anyone here.
Oh, and in case bo & the other fedz are reading posts here, I blame it all on Geo. Bush!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rubio has turned into a first class beltway asshat.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just sent him a scathing email. I called him another worthless liar - just like the one in the White House. No black helicopters yet. Will call his DC office tomorrow - 202-224-3041. I will report back if there is anything that has changed.
What a pos liar!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Let us know how that DC call goes...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't wait to call them and give 'em hell.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like we are about to fall for the same old crap again.
Just pass it and fix it later.
As to any back payments or fines, that will all be forgiven because the dims will claim it is too hard on those poor people.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Rubio is a neocon in the Romnut mold. I wonder how may of the 'fire's neocons are going to support this loser.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Why can't the GOP find a politician in the party that isn't a Democrat at heart?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Good...maybe Romney will run again. You can bet that Rove ain't gonna let a Teabagger run anyway.

You guys just don't get it! This is round 2 or maybe round 3 of the GOP Clown Show. In In both 2008 and 2012 the GOP trotted out a group of can't win Clowns and most on the fire lined up behind the "Flavor of the Week." Bachmann, Santorum, Cain, Perry and Romney.

I know you hate me for reminding you about this but the GOP will need a visitor's pass to see the inside of the White House for the next 10 years! By the way, you will need someone like Rubio who can attract some of the Latino vote if you do expect to win but you know that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walter I know you have connections and can find a dick to suck.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 06/10/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Just for kicks...who was your clown in 2012?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

127 members (10gaugemag, 673, 907brass, 79S, 21 invisible), 1,892 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,117
Posts18,483,481
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.