Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I read a disturbing post on Facebook today, written by a woman I know in Wisconsin. She is an insurance agent, with far more expertise and experience in deciphering the myriad rules and regulations of Obamacare than most of us.

She has multiple herniated discs in her neck, and has been in severe pain for some time. She is finally getting the surgery she needs. But in the process of getting the prior authorizations she needed for all her diagnostics and finally her surgery, she learned something alarming:

"Surgery Thursday and feeling really blessed. Did some digging and discovered had these disc herniations happened 2 years from now I would not be eligible for this procedure. A 43 year old woman does not have enough "productive years in the work force" left in her life to justify the cost of this surgery under the Federalization of our healthcare system. There would however be an endless supply of mind numbing medications and disability payments for me.....Get your knees and hips done while you can seniors....I am afraid you guys are the ones who are really in for it."

We are soooo screwed, folks...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We got similar news a while back, and it is frightening. We hurried and got all my wife's joint, back, and hernia surgeries done.

I think the fundamental concept for deciding whether treatment is approved or not is QARY, Quality Adjusted Remaining Years. If you don't have a lot of productive years left in you, your treatment probably won't be approved.

Be not weary in well doing.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well two years from now if you're a conservative you probably won't qualify for anything other than paying taxes.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beware the wrath of the Boomers! When our life becomes intolerable from all of this there'll be no downside to taking a BUNCH of politicians with us!

And yes, I do hope my posts are being monitored by an out of control regime. smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So they won't pay for surgery to fix the problem, but they'll pay for meds and disability checks? Good thinking.

Unbelievable.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep. I'm getting a new knee in July, primarily because I suspect that it will not be so easy to get the procedure approved in 2014 and beyond.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The avalanche of scandals has pushed ObamaCare to a back burner.

It won�t stay there long

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
Well two years from now if you're a conservative you probably won't qualify for anything other than paying taxes.

FEMA work camps.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Medical tourism is a big and growing business. Look for it to explode in the coming years. When you are turned down here for medicare you won't be able to even have the surgery or treatment even if you pay for it out of your pocket.

Many folks are getting on planes and going to Mexico, Costa Rica, India and other countries for low cost surgeries with excellent outcomes. Hell many of the world's doctors either went to med school in the USA or did rotations in US hospitals before they settled into their homeland medical system.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Anticipation of health care rationing was the primary reason I pushed my Cardiologist to go ahead and put in the ICD Defib/pacer last fall.
I was not convinced I needed it, but felt if I did not get it installed when I could, 'they' might not let me get one later.

Sam......

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is getting real SCARY out there.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
this means with my problems im really gonna be [bleep] frown

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Obamacare will result in an 88% premium hike in Ohio

A local NBC affiliate, WHIZ in Zanesville, Ohio, is reporting that Obamacare will cause health care premiums to increase 88 percent."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Beware the wrath of the Boomers! When our life becomes intolerable from all of this there'll be no downside to taking a BUNCH of politicians with us!

And yes, I do hope my posts are being monitored by an out of control regime. smirk

Right on Bro! I don't plan on going alone.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257wby
Medical tourism is a big and growing business. Look for it to explode in the coming years. When you are turned down here for medicare you won't be able to even have the surgery or treatment even if you pay for it out of your pocket.

Many folks are getting on planes and going to Mexico, Costa Rica, India and other countries for low cost surgeries with excellent outcomes. Hell many of the world's doctors either went to med school in the USA or did rotations in US hospitals before they settled into their homeland medical system.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

I suspect medical tourism is definitely the future. The biggest problem with Obamacare is it doesn't increase the supply of healthcare and instead creates a rationing system. The country's health systems you mentioned aren't plagued by a bloated legal system like ours which is a huge competitive advantage - just hope your foreign doctor doesn't screw up.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I read a disturbing post on Facebook today, written by a woman I know in Wisconsin. She is an insurance agent, with far more expertise and experience in deciphering the myriad rules and regulations of Obamacare than most of us.

She has multiple herniated discs in her neck, and has been in severe pain for some time. She is finally getting the surgery she needs. But in the process of getting the prior authorizations she needed for all her diagnostics and finally her surgery, she learned something alarming:

"Surgery Thursday and feeling really blessed. Did some digging and discovered had these disc herniations happened 2 years from now I would not be eligible for this procedure. A 43 year old woman does not have enough "productive years in the work force" left in her life to justify the cost of this surgery under the Federalization of our healthcare system. There would however be an endless supply of mind numbing medications and disability payments for me.....Get your knees and hips done while you can seniors....I am afraid you guys are the ones who are really in for it."

We are soooo screwed, folks...

Yu can thank northwestasshole, hunterzero1, suck asschuck jeffblow, and the like..........

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Anticipation of health care rationing was the primary reason I pushed my Cardiologist to go ahead and put in the ICD Defib/pacer last fall.
I was not convinced I needed it, but felt if I did not get it installed when I could, 'they' might not let me get one later.

Sam,
Wifey has to go in next Tuesday to have her's re-connected. Apparently wiring has worked loose. Possibly a result of her earlier LVAD surgery. Who knows???

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I was talking with a tax attorney last week who just gave a talk about the 2014 changes due to Obamacare. He said there are 20 new taxes in the bill that will affect everyone, regardless of your tax bracket. They are mostly hidden taxes that most people will never even be aware of.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When is healthcare going to be rationed for those who abuse it the most...? Seems a huge proportion of ER patients are MedicAid recipients who routinely come to the ER with non-emergency problems...like diaper rash, cough and congestion, mosquito bites...and people with 'chronic pain' problems seeking narcotics, etc.. The abuse of the healthcare system routinely by these people...all at the expense of the taxpayers, is astounding. When is this abuse of the ER's and the taxpayers going to be rationed...?
Same thing by indigent women having baby after baby after baby...all at the expense of the taxpayers.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 56 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,040
Posts18,500,763
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.