Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Mule Deer mentioned this site in a couple of his articles without naming it, but finally did so in either Rifle or Handloader in an issue that arrived in May of 2005. I browsed as a guest for a few days and then joined.

Overall, it has been pleasant and informative. Thanks, Rick!

Same here and I couldn't have said it any better.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was at Shooters and left. Enjoy it here quite a lot and appreciate Rick's efforts. Should he read this, thank you.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Search for the fire:

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=016407629494559605640:xponie3lspc

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Barely found Shooters before it went TU and followed the crowd headed this way.

Had a Kodiak brown bear tag and room on the boat so I invited Rick to come along and play back-up. Muley Stalker was doing a lot of video posting so he got invited along to record the events.

Killed a Kodiak bear at 24 yards in the thick alders and had a grand time despite the cougar attacks, primp a donnas, big winds, and saggy tits dangling from second story apartment windows.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mudhen
Mule Deer mentioned this site in a couple of his articles without naming it, but finally did so in either Rifle or Handloader in an issue that arrived in May of 2005. I browsed as a guest for a few days and then joined.

Overall, it has been pleasant and informative. Thanks, Rick!

That's how I got here too. Thanks Rick and JB.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I really can't recall.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Google search:
10 mm

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shooters

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Could not bear AR anymore.

The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts the moment you get up and doesn't stop untill you get into the office.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
I came here because I'd heard there was a guy here who knew EVERYTHING about shipping any kind of firearm with ANY shipper, and he didn't mind new people asking questions over and over and others giving their opinions on what MIGHT work. I figured he'd be good to hang with.
He is.
I'd like to meet that dude. smirk

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You haven't seen anything until you see saggy [bleep] snag a 5 dollar bill off the sidewalk from the second story! Dang Art, after all the years of therapy, it's back in my nightmares! smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, that was funny!!!!!!!!!

I especially liked the way the nipples popped right out after she hit the puddle instead of the bill! wink

Rick just left last week... we did a short black bear hunt and I am waiting for him to post the story so I can start giving him grief! wink

He did shoot a decent bear and we did eat too much... the PWS shrimp are simply incredible! I think we brought some whisky with us, too...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I was doing a google search for something and it brought me here.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I was a participant on another hunting/shooting website that started having problems; a few little "piss'n matches that the webmaster shouldn't have become involved in. Someone found this new site, and I've been here since 01/2001!!!

memtb

I wasn't going to mention shooters (why the respect, I know not), but after reading all of the posts I figured I may as well!!

I approve this edit - memtb

Last edited by memtb; 06/13/13.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
the left turn at Albakirkee is what done it...

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I joined because firstcoueswas80 kept jawing about how campfire was the best forum in the world. I started lurking and to be honest didn't know what to think. The 'fire had some weirdo posting weird sh*t all the time, and everyone was calling him Larry Root, and there was a bunch of big threads about this fellow named Larry Root who everyone hated. I am still confused about the matter, other than he is widely accepted as a crazy assh*ole and keeps creating new accounts because he's a loser.

Then there was this guy named Bricktop in the classifieds that would rip the sh*t out of people, would go on and on with the most offensive posts I'd ever seen in a forum. And if anything was more offensive than his attitude, it was his avatar wink And the kicker was, the offensive sh*t he was saying was correct! (at least far as I could tell). The Batman/Bricktop thing is the most brilliant thing I've seen on an internet forum, including the Gecko45 crap. That's [bleep]' funny.

Also there's this dude named Deflave who says GFY all the time cool

I really didn't know what to think, but I had an old Weaver scope I wanted to sell and had noticed the classifieds were awesome so I made an account. That kept me around, and after awhile I got it; The 'fire is just a big ass bunch of dudes who can actually have un-moderated conversations. I think that's what makes it different, and there is a bunch of bitching and bulls*tting but there's also a better sense of camaraderie over here. A lot of guys actually know each other. It not strictly a bunch of queers talking about guns on the internet who have never seen each other. There's plenty of that, but that's not all there is.

The 'fire is alright. I like guns as much as the next guy, but it's nice to talk about a titty once in awhile. Or call someone a dick without getting a PM from some gay moderator saying you have a infraction. Or post pics of some dead coyotes without some [bleep] saying "did you eat that coyote?" The fact that I can type [bleep] and leave it unedited probably makes this forum the best.

Anyway, the 'fire is good stuff. Plus it isn't blocked by the filters at work so I'm on quite a bit and enjoy it for the most part.

Last edited by huntinaz; 06/13/13.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Was looking into buying my first custom knife and googled dozier, got sent here. Couple thousand $$ later, biggest mistake I ever made...stupid knives!
Great site.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been here long enough, that I don't even remember what drew me here. I'm kind of a homebody. This is the only hunting sight I go to regularly.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I came here from optics talk dot com, that was a good place and may still be, but the Fire is the best, lots of knowledge to be found, good people, made a good hunt with Skane, bought and sold lots of stuff in the classifieds, I stay out of the pissing matches as much as possible.

J Simoneaud

Supper's ready!! you have 2 choices, Eat or Don't eat.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Boredom. It was pouring rain at night so i wasnt doing anything but sitting in an obvious place looking like i was slowing down traffic. Surfing the web away and came across this site. Read something raisuli said and decided to be a new thorn in his side. Had a few spats with fellas. But. Consider a few of you guys family and most close friends.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.