Hop To
Page 122 of 229 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 228 229
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by dubePA
I want to be at that fire.

Try to stay upwind. Especially if a Zippo comes out.

Being an old fart, and my memory not being what it was years ago,

[Linked Image]

I can't remember if I've told ya'll the story of my $1,300 Zippo lighter?

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 06/18/13.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by dubePA
I want to be at that fire.

Try to stay upwind. Especially if a Zippo comes out.

Being an old fart, and my memory not being what it was years ago,

[Linked Image]

I can't remember if I've told ya'll the story of my $1,300 Zippo lighter?

GWB
For some reason the scene in "Blazing Saddles" where everyone is eating beans and farting,comes to mind. whistle

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
If you ever find yourself in a farting contest with a gentleman who prefaces all his stories with "Back in the day" or "Way back when I was a kid" or something of the like, be sure to bring some wet wipes.

Exuberance has been known to override valor and even the best sometimes forget, you can never trust a fart.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
$1300 zippos? No chitt?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
$1300 zippos? No chitt?

Yup,

it goes something like this. I usually wait till we've had a couple toddies and a new guy will get ready to light up a stogie. I'll offer him a light and ask if he's ever seen a $1,300 Zippo. He'll light his smoke and take a look at the lighter and usually follow with some kind of laugh or expletive. Then I'll tell him the story. It tends to be more funny when one is not completely sober. Almost always good for a chuckle or two.
I'll explain that I have trailer parks and trailers. Some of those trailers I own and rent out. This particular trailer I had rented to a guy that did maintenance for me. He ended up hooking up with a dancer and got caught up in illicit substances and a few other things. His rent was $500 per month. I let him ride two months before he up and disappeared. I ended up taking out three trailer loads of trash and [bleep] to the dump at +/- $100 per load. That plus two months rent came to $1,300 there-abouts. That dang Stainless Steel Zippo was the only thing worth keeping out of the whole shebang. So I kept it and figured it was worth $1,300. I've managed to hang on to it since 2001 or there abouts. Hence the story.
LOL

Best

GWB

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, I hate expensive Zippos.

Didja know they'll run on jet fuel?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've somehow managed to hang onto the same Zippo since '02. Easy enough to keep track, the date is on the bottom of this one. Lost lots of 'em before.

Mine was free, has the NRA logo on it. Anytime I've helped with NRA projects over the years and there are trinkets handy, ain't never too proud to take a few along home if offered.

Just discovered recently that the NRA shotshell LED flashlight I got last year, is actually a pretty handy gizmo.

As far as the "$1300" Zippo, have been involved with rental properties over the years and came up short a time or two. The closest I've come so far are two pedestal fans, a new gallon jug of Orange Goo mechanic's hand cleaner, coupla pocket knives, a radio and some handtools.

Can't count the microwave at my cabin. Sweet little gal didn't owe any money, didn't need the microwave, so that was a gift.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

It remains a cryin' shame,that you are incapable of mustering the 17 IQ points requisite,to cypher what a totally [bleep] clueless boob you are.

Says a nobody whose IQ is 18 points lower.....

[Linked Image]

Maybe background checks isn't such a bad idea after all... at least in one instance....its hilarious watching Schmuck running around trying to chase his tail and trying to convince everyone what a 'rocket scientist' he really is...

and really hilarious he thinks we actually give a crap on what he thinks....

every time you hear that zing flying past your head Schtick.. that isn't a mosquito... its reality passing you by... again...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I only ever bought one Zippo. It was back in '69. One side has a caricature of an OH-6A. The other says "Eyes of an Eagle, Heart of a Lion, Balls of a Scout". Haven't sparked it in near 40 years but the flint is fresh. Back then they were brass with a brushed nickel finish.

Out pig shootin' awhile back and found one in the sand. Aluminum case anodized puke green with a bass on the side. Looked kinda gay if you ask me. I doubt Gen. Patton would have approved.

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Might have, if the bass was rendered in ivory?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I know they're best stowed in a shirt pocket and not a pant pocket. If they open up in your pant pocket due to normal moment the fuel will leak out and burn the crap out of your leg. Outside of that there isn't much I enjoy much better than the smell of a zippo being cracked open and firing up a good cigar.... maybe an Arturo Fuente or a Sancho Panza. grin

Last edited by brinky72; 06/19/13.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Rumor has it he didn't get his HS diploma, yet he likes to call everyone here stupid. Typical behavior of his type.

Last edited by brinky72; 06/19/13.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
So Geedub the hunting camp is full of Union hands? Do we tell them I am Union and a Republican?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
That will be up to you. Either way it won't be a problem. Good guys and never an altercation in 14 years. There definitely will be heated discussions after a few toddies about the "north star", Orion's Belt, the little dipper, big dipper, and the milky way. The same lies that were told last year will be told again this year, only, the older we get, the better we wuz. I think you'll have a ball. If you choose to get into a serious discussion, it's best done in the daytime when sober. LOL.

Best
GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
WSM,
as a coda to my previous post. Ya know how to keep a baptist from drinking all your beer or whiskey when ya'll go fishing, be sure and take two of them.
My point is, these guys are employed, take care of their responsibilities, love hunting, and fishing and I'd trust everyone of them with my life, (maybe not my wife LOL or especially a girlfriend, as some of those boys are pretty good two-steppers). Sometimes I wouldn't be surprised if in the privacy of the voting booth they didn't pull a lever for a Republican. Just would not admit it with their buds around. Quien Sabe.

Last edited by geedubya; 06/19/13.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is out of hand

really

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
prolly!

GWB

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
WSM,

That Mouser really sounds like a "keeper". Laffin'! What a fabulous "bad weather" rifle...which ain't ever gonna get used. Just [bleep] WOW.

How big were the titts on the Doe?

Laffin'!

DD,

I hear good things about a High RPM 22-250AI,mainly due to how schitty the initial case design is and also due to how much COAL latitude is routinely granted. Though I can recall building at least a halfa dozen,only a brace is of the High RPM ilk and they'll make a guy hate all things 10" or slower. But dat's easy for me to say.(grin)

As to the 243Win AI,it is indeed a [bleep] MONSTER. A sensational blend of case capacity,Precision and down range Oooooomph...all coupled yet again,with very forgiving COAL mandates. The melding is a literal phenom,both in Theory and Application. Mebbe shoot Brinky a PM and she'll Pretend to Imagine some "particulars" for you. Laffin'!

Cain't know anyone who guns a 243AI,that'd go back to SAAMI...save in a Krunchenticker and due solely to their propensity to lose brass in the heat of battle.

Been around multiple dozens of both 22-250AI and 243AI,less any notion other than sheer enthusiasm. Which is sumptin' I cain't say,in chamberings of greater CC.

Food for thunk.

dube',

98's are "neat"...until you gotta actually suffer one of the [bleep] things.(grin)

Now noone enjoys a true Sleeper more than I and I'm rather at ease in running 'em through their paces and then stretching 'em out,especially for the naysayers. I've zero qualm in flying a Big Green OEM spout,as they's routinely spectacular. Now the throats are of course stupid long in 308,but a guy can set 'em back or stretch mag confines,if not both. Hardly "daunting" to grab an OEM 243,kiss a 105'Max and take it past 1K in grand style. Same goes the 7-08/162 melding,with a 2.810" jump. I hear good things about the 280 and 7mmRemMag too and that full length H&H box is a marvelous thang,for arranging a 162 smooch.

I remain partial to scoring Used Rifles that "don't shoot" and have long been hip on the notion of gunnin' for pinks.(grin)

I've lotsa Sleepers near and dear for various reasons...but The Rocktucky just might could be my favoritest Bitch Slapper of All Time.

NOONE sees it comin'.(grin)

Gee',

On the average,how long you gotta hug it out...before someone just says "[bleep] it" and opens the [bleep] gate?!? Then do you gotta re-hug at every gate there after?

Laffin'!

Brinky',

Please feel free to extoll all the "particulars" of any/all chamberings you've never shot,as per your Day Dreaming usual. Laffin'!

As an aside I'm all ears in regards to "Custom tubes",please once again use all the Imagination and Pretend you deem requisite,in their discussion as per your Fabrication(s).

The only thing funnier than a Do Nothing Dumbphuck...is a Lying Do Nothing Dumbphuck. Laffin'!

Bless your heart,it's your Imagination,Pretend with it all you please.

'Cub,

I simply said that Unions are chock full of worthless [bleep] and that you do woman's "work". Only because them is facts.

Though in fairness...I do rather enjoy your excuses.

Laffin'!

Mojo',

Don't slight the appeal of cutting Redwoods cliffside.(grin)

Nor waste time looking for gals in the crummy,or gettin' The Boys to hide behind a Union.

Laffin'!

Shefire,

If you put a penny in a jar,every time you said you "don't care"...you could go on a BWT every [bleep] weekend. Laffin'!

If you entered a penny for every time you mentioned male genitalia,you could purchase Saudi Arabia. Re-laffin'!

You really are a "hard charger".

Wow +P+.

temmi,

Imagination is all that the poor dumbphucks have...if you swipe that,they'd have nothin' left and that'd be mean.(grin)

The Do Nothing Gang is really on fire and a couple of 'em,[bleep] nearly left the couch.

Laffin'!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Mornin' [bleep]. Hacked some baby Chinook up and threw them in the fridge, played with a Howe Boot knife and Benchmade Caper in the process, time to load some 243 AI, call my union and complain about something. Then see where the night takes me. I'm thinking early bed, 4am-8am Chinny raping, grab my stainless SMAW tickets mid afternoon courtesy of Local 1425. Then hit the road to buy my new dingy.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

If I were smart enough, which apparently I'm not
Page 122 of 229 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 228 229

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1badf350, 21, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1Longbow, 46 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,764
Posts18,476,641
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.