E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I'll offer him almost $57.00 and some slightly used .308 brass. grin

Ed

I will offer sixty bucks, a five gallon bucket of 308 military brass, and two boxes of unused 22 rf.
Scott you REALLY want that Hepburn. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's lyin' about the "unused 22rf".

They're reloads.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
no rooms available...

Ed booked all the rooms. He's only marking them up by 50%.

That's for the ladies. Don't know the markup for gents.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Finally got in touch with the Largo. I said we need a room for Aug. 9-10. " Yup OK!" Do you want a credit card number? "Nope your all set" I guess they do things a little differently, in NM.

Last edited by Bogtrotter; 06/21/13.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
no rooms available...

That's amazing! At neither the Largo nor the Alegre?

No one has yet put dibs on my two extra beds (one single, one double).

Also �

If it's rainy, any number of semi-hardy souls can bunk-down dry in my "shed" � a 20-foot overseas-shipping container with electricity (lights and receptacles) � if you don't have a tent. BYO cots and/or air mattresses.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just booked my room.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'm slingin' up the hammock between a couple pondorosa's again.

Looking forward to seeing you guys! Hope the monsoons get here in the next couple weeks.

Jon

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Ed

I will offer sixty bucks, a five gallon bucket of 308 military brass, and two boxes of unused 22 rf.

I have wanted one sins I first read about them years ago. I have seen three, on in the museum in Cody, WY, a real beater hanging on the wall in Sequim, WA and the one at last years gathering. Blue's was the first one I touched. Reality is I will never have the $$$ to own one but for a long time I was looking for one to measure and draw up so I could make one. They are not that hard to machine and I even had a piece of half hard 4140 set aside to start the project.

So yes, I would really want one and that one is a beauty. And I do have a bucket of military 308 I am cleaning up and will be reloading a bunch for a good friend, and I do have two boxes of once fired new in the box, never opened, 22 rf.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Love the highwall! But I am a real sucker for classic singel shots.

Well, why don't you add a day or two to your itinerary, swing through here and fire up the machinery, hang a .458 barrel ?
......( there are more than a few in the corners ) on one of the numerous old roller actions laying around in parts and pieces. Shank, chamber, and extractor extractor cut, no more.The rest is all hand work.

One day, do the deed described.....GTF out of here,....go home and finish the bloody thing.

These aren't rocket ships, you know.

Get Mark to show you that SS Krag,........I wish he'd finish THAT one.

GTC

Fantastic offer! I will have to look and see but this trip is sandwiched tighter than a Oreo cookie between a wedding and a visit by my oldest son and my grandkids I have not seen in seven years.

I think it will have to wait until next time I can get down your way.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
:
Whatever the handload medicine,....that is one NATURALLY user friendly rifle.

Didn't we smoke a couple or three offhand ?

....it was a busy time, I honestly don't recall.

GTC

Yeah, I hit one solid offhand and "winged" another one offhand. We didn't shoot it off of the bench at all.

I have a couple hundred Hornady 350gr RNSP just waiting on me to load them. One of these days I'll get to cast some heavier slugs for it.

Chesterpulley will have to get in line behind my oldest son to inherit this one. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Ed

I have wanted one sins I first read about them years ago. I have seen three, on in the museum in Cody, WY, a real beater hanging on the wall in Sequim, WA and the one at last years gathering. Blue's was the first one I touched. Reality is I will never have the $$$ to own one but for a long time I was looking for one to measure and draw up so I could make one. They are not that hard to machine and I even had a piece of half hard 4140 set aside to start the project.

So yes, I would really want one and that one is a beauty. And I do have a bucket of military 308 I am cleaning up and will be reloading a bunch for a good friend, and I do have two boxes of once fired new in the box, never opened, 22 rf.
Understand Scott,I always wanted a double rifle in .470 or .500 NE,those are WAY beyond my price range. Don't think Greg can put one together in a weekend either. laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
:
Whatever the handload medicine,....that is one NATURALLY user friendly rifle.

Didn't we smoke a couple or three offhand ?

....it was a busy time, I honestly don't recall.

GTC

Yeah, I hit one solid offhand and "winged" another one offhand. We didn't shoot it off of the bench at all.

I have a couple hundred Hornady 350gr RNSP just waiting on me to load them. One of these days I'll get to cast some heavier slugs for it.

Chesterpulley will have to get in line behind my oldest son to inherit this one. grin

Ed

Darn kids...

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
SHOOTING !!

tex n cal asked what guns 'yer bringin - some have replied.

Well, beside the show-and-tell items, those who want to get into the friendly competition might think about what you will tote.

Dennis and I have thought through the basics, and will provide/set up the necessary downrange stuff for challenges something like the following:

1. Big bore (.37 and up) without scope with appropriate target and range.

2. One-shot cold with any firearm/sight at the heart of a prairie dog target.

3. Multi-shoot with .22LR at appropriate range(s).

4. Multi-shoot with any firearm/sight at appropriate range(s).

We are working on details and will post those in the PM for indicated attendees - which will start up soon after July 4.

Anyone who wants to work up handgun shoots - feel free.

CCCC

P.S. Scott - whom do you imagine would ever be interested in shooting that much .308? Or .270?

P.P.S. So, Jon will hang loose in the hammock again this year, eh? Can't wait to see what might be puddled up under it each AM.

P.P.P.S. Recently heard that both the Largo and Alegre harbor cooties.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Paul,

I have stayed at the Largo several times and never had a problem. The rooms have always been clean. Maybe a local rumor?

As to the shoots, it sounds as though you and Dennis have some good ones lined up.

A pistol shoot should be set up so that wheel guns, both single and double action can compete. I'm thinking 50yds minimum, offhand, based on some of the shooting I've witnessed at the last few of these riots*.

* Definition of a riot; Seven or more people gathered in a public place in a boisterous manner such as to cause distress to passersby, ladies, small children, dogs, and livestock. laugh

I have NO interest in checking under Jon's hammock! eek

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Get Mark to show you that SS Krag,........I wish he'd finish THAT one.
GTC

Yeah, Mark needs to either finish that or turn it over to someone who will show it the proper loving care and respect it deserves. grin

Ed

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Paul,
I have stayed at the Largo several times and never had a problem. The rooms have always been clean. Maybe a local rumor?
Ed

OK Honest Ed, you bit quick - and ended the ruse. By using the antique term "cooties", was hoping to get a rise or two from folks who go for the local luxury suites rather than the hammocks.

FOLKS - Ed is correct - we have not heard a bad comment about the Largo Motel. I know nothing about the Alegre - but have no reason to suspect any problems.

So, Ed, where DID you get the cooties??

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Ed got the "cooties" from his Marlin .45/70. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
No, I picked up the "cooties" from the drool that was on the 1895 LTDIII and the .458WM. eek

The question is, where did you and Mark get them?

Ed

Paul,

Sorry to quell the joke.

I would also encourage all that CAN camp out at Armijo Springs to do so. If you are not there from sunup until Mudhen finally goes to bed, you will miss a lot of fun. grin

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heck even in the middle of the night there was entertainment last year...
Miles and his air bed put on quite the show. grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I missed that.

I was off in the distance so I wouldn't disturb anyone with my snoring. Didn't want anyone to think a tornado or an earthquake was about to engulf them. grin

Ed

Page 24 of 39 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (8MMX57JS, 01Foreman400, 79S, AB2506, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 933 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,096
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.