Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by eh76
I'm too tired to keep up...........

I'm just thrilled you are going to be there. Been wanting to shake your front foot for years.

What he said!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Allen [AHF] got the "how are you" e-mail my computer sent out. Looks like he's probably gonna be at the gatherin'.

That will mean 2 more K Hornets added to the motley assemblage already threatened to be in attendance.

grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mudhen
When will you be you getting the new knee?
July 13th--hope to be walking unassisted by the time Quemado rolls around.
I had both of mine replace In Jan. of 2011. Getting them both done at the same time was tough. Literally didn't have a good leg to stand on. Five days in the hospital, and I hate hospitals.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Howdy u-all, got home from Neb. P-dog shoot last night, long drive from Neb. to S.Tex. stopped in Colo. for campfire get together, got to meet some great guys and eat some good food and hear some good storys and do a little shooting, then on to Neb. for 3 days of P-dog shooting, had a great time, mon-teu. the shooting was great wend. the wind was blowing about 40mph, made for some intresting shots. heard a rumor all the way up there that there are some guys drooling over my Hepburn,dont want to hurt anyones feelings but ( you cant have it.) i did shoot 2 p-dogs with it at under 100 yrds, its going to take me till aug. to reload all the stuff i shot up, so i can get in some of these shooting contests youall have dreamed up. looking forward to seeing old friends and making new friends in N,M, this year.rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never got tired of
� Carol Anne
� three wonderful kids
� shooting prairie dogs
� chewing the fat with friends
so there's no question what are the four emptiest parts of my heart.

Really looking forward to 9�11 August!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A question came up on a different thread, that had me pulling a single shot out of the back of the safe. As I stood it up to look at it, I not only admired the lines, but also considered, 20+ years after I got my first deer with it, that it may still be the most accurate rifle in the safe. It might have to acquire a scope, and might get entered in the Prairie Dog shoot...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have one you can put on it. I'll bring it and you can mount it Saturday morning. No need to sight it in. It was sighted in on the last rifle it was on, just before the truck rolled and the rifle was ejected onto the pavement.

Just trying to give you an even chance at winning the P.D. Shoot. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Ed,with friends like you,who needs enemies. laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I intend to win the Pdog shoot this year if Blue will not twist his scope knobs right before he hands me his rifle. grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Ed,with friends like you,who needs enemies. laugh

I'm just trying for a repeat. grin

As my tactical instructor used to say; "Always cheat, always win! There's no such thing as a fair fight."

I guess I'll have to cheat and use that .30-40 Krag Contender Carbine again. grin

Ed

IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
So if a worm or a spider happened to fall on the back of your neck remember these words "Always cheat,always win." smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
I intend to win the Pdog shoot this year if Blue will not twist his scope knobs right before he hands me his rifle. grin miles

Miles, just so long as he's twisting his own knobs, it's OK. A man should never twist another man's knobs. eek

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
So if a worm or a spider happened to fall on the back of your neck remember these words "Always cheat,always win." smile

If you should find yourself duct taped to a tree and covered in bacon grease and honey, remember those words.

Worms and spiders don't bother me. People shooting back do. smirk

Ed

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

If you should find yourself duct taped to a tree and covered in bacon grease and honey, remember those words.

Ed
Schit that's foreplay for me. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
OK. While you and your bride are playing, I'll be winning the P.D. Shoot. smile

Ed

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
But that is OUR celebration of ME winning the PD shoot. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It will so sad to see both of you crying when I win it with the mighty K-hornet.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gotta warn ya folks that when you get done shootin the long sticks I plan on having a matched set of pistolas ready for the handgun contests. cool

[Linked Image]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
WOW! Are they consecutively serial numbered? Do they come with matching leather gear? What kind of velocity are you getting with WalMart ping pong balls? Will running a name-brand ball help with accuracy? Is there much recoil? Are they DynaBore coated? Are you running iron sights or are you going to put optics on them? Does Barnes make a TTSX in that caliber?

Is it time for me to switch to decaf? laugh

Seriously, there are some GREAT pistol shooters that show up to these.

Ed

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
It will so sad to see both of you crying when I win it with the mighty K-hornet.
NOOOOOOO!! cry

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 26 of 39 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (444afic, 5sdad, 10gaugemag, 41rem, 348srfun, 264mag, 27 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,070
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.