Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by isaac
Actual lawyers focus on the date they passed the bar and were admitted to practice.

Going through the rigors of law school without taking and passing the bar is what perpetual students do with their dad's money.

I like to think of myself as a sort of perpetual student, so I thank you for that.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Actual lawyers focus on the date they passed the bar and were admitted to practice.

Going through the rigors of law school without taking and passing the bar is what perpetual students do with their dad's money.

I thought they were called Politicians

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

I like to think of myself as a sort of perpetual student, so I thank you for that.

I'm sure your father thanks you, too.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What's with the Home Owners Assn. paying damages to the family before trial?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by poboy
No law says they have to wait till after the criminal trial to arrange a civil settlement. That said, if you're correct, it was a dumb move IMO.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bob, just curious but why on Gods Earth would the defense Att. Open with a joke? Do you have any speculations?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
There are always faux pas' which occur during a trial and one shouldn't read too much into it. As you know, there are always ebbs and flows and we don't really know how the jury perceived it. Remember, jurors are a bit intimidated and feeling their way around themselves. They'll get to know each other well over the next 10 days.

Focus on what comes from the witness stand, not the words of lawyers.

I think they have a serious, attentive jury who will fairly weigh the evidence.

Last edited by isaac; 06/25/13.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by poboy

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/06/us/trayvon-martins-parents-settle-wrongful-death-suit.html?_r=0

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Remind me some day to remind you of a closing argument I made in a rape trial where I spoke of a boy's vagina. It was my 2nd rape trial in a month after having received a acquittal in my first and I think they only acquitted in this trial because they weren't going to convict a guy because his lawyer was a dumb [bleep].

If I can't WOW them with some brilliance, I'm fine with baffling them with some bullschit.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
here are a few good law firm names

Attached Images
th (4).jpg (5.52 KB, 235 downloads)
thCA2U80RX.jpg (5.97 KB, 232 downloads)
th (3).jpg (6.2 KB, 231 downloads)

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Remind me some day to remind you of a closing argument I made in a rape trial where I spoke of a boy's vagina. It was my 2nd rape trial in a month after having received a acquittal in my first and I think they only acquitted in this trial because they weren't going to convict a guy because his lawyer was a dumb [bleep].

If I can't WOW them with some brilliance, I'm fine with baffling them with some bullschit.

we that in practice from you on here most every day

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by atvalaska
here are a few good law firm names
laugh That's hilarious. I love the last one.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yep, now we're getting somewhere. I was just thinking of whether you or isaac would have your name first on the plaque.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by KFWA

we that in practice from you on here most every day

==============

I guess that made sense to you. Now I guess you can understand why your thinking processes quickly kills threads. You'll learn someday, son.

Last edited by isaac; 06/25/13.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by heavywalker
What happens at you peoples jobs when someone write an email and sends it without clarifying and quantifying every phrase. laugh

Bob sues them and Hawk gives them a "D" with the option to re-write.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
From what I remember of the incident, Martin said something to Zimmerman to the affect, "you're going to die tonight". This was after he caught up with Zimmerman and prior to striking him in the face the first time.

When selecting jurors, don't lawyers on both side pick the jurors? I'm wondering if selecting all women to the jury was a good move on their part.

There is a jury pool, and both prosecution and defense get to exclude a certain number without explanation, and possibly others for cause. Then the first six to twelve (depending on the number for that jury) of those remaining after this process are the jury. Neither side can select anyone to be included; only to be excluded.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ConradCA
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The Defense has to make its case beyond a shadow of a doubt and the facts as I've seen them wouldn't even allow a conviction on the lower burden of the preponderance of evidence, let alone the required burden.
Prosecution?
Sorry, yes, the Prosecution, not the Defense.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by smarquez
If I'm walking down the street and some one wants to know who I am and what my business is I would probably tell them it's none of theirs. I think nearly any here would.
I just don't see where it OK to arm yourself, leave your home and then your car to confront someone for no real valid reason except you don't like the way they look. Ask Zimmerman after it's over if it was worth it

valid reason I guess is the issue - Zimmerman lived in a neighborhood where crime was out of control, he was in charge of the neighborhood watch (with the blessing of the local police) and his valid reason was a kid that he wasn't familiar with as a resident was cutting across at night.

I've seen no solid proof that Zimmerman ever confronted Travon. If he did, it was because there had been a ton of break-ins in the area and Martin had no valid reason to be there that Zimmerman could discern. As a private citizen, Zimmerman is not bound by some Departmental Policy to not "profile". Zimmerman did absolutely nothing wrong in any of the scenarios I've seen presented, save for the possibility that he himself assaulted Martin and then pulled his gun and shot him when he started getting an ass whuppin'. This latter is unbelievable as the facts as known do not point to it. So it is possible but not probable. The Prosecution has to make its case beyond a shadow of a doubt and the facts as I've seen them wouldn't even allow a conviction on the lower burden of the preponderance of evidence, let alone the required burden.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The burden of asserting and proving self-defense is on Zimmerman.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ConradCA
The Judge should throw out the charges and declare Zimmerman innocent of all charge after the prosecution rests.
He has to wait for the verdict, but judges are empowered to do that in the direction of acquittal.

=============

Wrong again! Did someone ever cover Motions To Dismiss or Motions To Strike at the law school you say you attended?
Were you absent the day they taught "judgment non obstante veredicto, abbreviated JNOV, in law school?" No motion is needed. Conrad's scenario suggested an action on the part of the judge, absent motion.
I didn't say anything about motions. I expect that Zimmerman's attorney will ask the judge to find Zimmerman innocent after the persecution rests.

[Linked Image from ]
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

183 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 26 invisible), 1,473 guests, and 1,015 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.