Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
A special interest group with an agenda got blasted by another......seems fitting.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Atheists are dead wrong about their beliefs or nun-beliefs, or whatever you want to call it.

And I know definitely for a fact that they are wrong, as they will also know some day.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The best question is what the hell are the ten commandments doing there in the first place? Hey, you wanna be religious? OK, go to church, teach your kids, whatever, but keep it to yourself. Now if you go around raising monuments to your religion, don't get upset when somebody else does the same.

44henry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Tombo
Originally Posted by HawkI
So if you don't believe your rights are God-given and inalienable, based on the founding, you really don't have them.

LOL. I have my rights under the US Constitution and the fact that I have the skills to defend them.

However, our constitutional rights originated. From english common Law which if i remember are deemed to have come from God.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong!

Our inviolable rights, as the Constitution recognizes and confirms, come with being born.

And the separation of church and state is not hostility or antagonism of state to church. The Constitution merely forbids the goverment to establish any church or religious belief as THE official state religion � not to silence any.

With nice little pocket copies of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution so readily and easily available from the Cato Institute (cato.org) for a dime, I'm appalled by how many "thinking" people remain so ignorant of what it says.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by ColKlink
Atheists are just like fuggin' queers. A tiny minority that behaves like children and tries to be as offensive as possible to the majority. In this case, a bunch of azzholes from New Jersey causing trouble in Florida. I hope someone takes a front-end loader to their "monument."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/30/atheists-unveil-monument-by-ten-commandments/?test=latestnews

Conceding the point that you are right about everything, why can't you just shut up and let them go to Hell?

Hey Theo

"let them go to Hell?"

What a 'novel' idea!! By golly...best idea yet! That'll work!! grin grin

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
A special interest group with an agenda got blasted by another......seems fitting.

Nice to see someone else who more or less agrees with me.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 444Matt

Make that two of us..

I am 100% against waterboarding. Splatter their brains out the back of their heads.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Originally Posted by HawkI
So if you don't believe your rights are God-given and inalienable, based on the founding, you really don't have them.

LOL. I have my rights under the US Constitution and the fact that I have the skills to defend them.

However, our constitutional rights originated. From english common Law which if i remember are deemed to have come from God.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, and wrong!

Our inviolable rights, as the Constitution recognizes and confirms, come with being born.

And the separation of church and state is not hostility or antagonism of state to church. The Constitution merely forbids the goverment to establish any church or religious belief as THE official state religion � not to silence any.

With nice little pocket copies of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution so readily and easily available from the Cato Institute (cato.org) for a dime, I'm appalled by how many "thinking" people remain so ignorant of what it says.

Ken. What I mean is that there is no place in the constitutikn that states one cannot use god in government. That is to say all the horseschit theories that children cannot pray to god in school because there is seperation of church and state just inst so. Again we have freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pete E
to presume that somewhere in the constitution, there is written some seperation of church and state, is assenine...

I thought your Constitution did seperate Church and State in some mannor?

I was under the impresson it was to avoid the situation we have over here whereby we have a state endorsed religion (CofE) headed by the ruling monarch?

I appreciate some folks are trying to erase any sort of reference to God in relation to anything connected to the State and I am not endorsing those extremes, just asking a question about your Constitution...

Regards,

Peter

Pete,

The US Constitution prohibits Congress from establishing a state religion, the phrase "separation of church and state" appears no where in the founding documents, it originated in a letter written by Jefferson to the Danbury Baptist Association. At the time several of the states had state religions, as with most of the Bill of Rights, with the notable exception of the 2nd Amendment, their meanings have been expanded and perverted to what borders on the ridiculous.

http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpost.html

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone has the right to freedom of religion, that includes not having a religion. There is however no right to freedom FROM religion. I have no complaints that people dont want to believe in god, that is their choice. But to continually attack those of us who do, and to presume that somewhere in the constitution, there is written some seperation of church and state, is assenine, and quite frankly pisses me off.

That said. They are legally free to put the bench there. We are free to piss on it as we pass it by

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nathanial
I find atheists and believers who push their agenda equally annoying.

I hope that you're not one of those who think that to believe is the same as to have a driving mission to force everybody else to believe as we do. Can you tell the difference? Can you tolerate sharing and discussion? Or does any mention of our beliefs offend you?

No I am not one of those. However, your first sentence states you believe that, we, as in all Christians, I presume, believe the same as you just as the connotation of your last sentence using the words, our beliefs. I doubt all believers of the Christian faith
believe as you do or agree with your interpretation or version of Christian beliefs.

Yes, I can tell the difference. Again, however there are those of both sides that do push their agendas just like there are those of both sides that do not have an agenda to push at all.

I can tolerate a respectful discussion of the subject, and enjoy doing so and others beliefs do not offend me what so ever.

So, as in my post that you quoted, I stated those who push their agendas. If you don't have an agenda to push why all the questions?

Last edited by nathanial; 06/30/13.
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 444Matt

Make that two of us..

Three..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

You're nothing but a loudmouthed, foulmouthed sanctimonious fool who's too stupid to get your point across without resorting to the aid of a string of profanities.

Atheists are just like fuggin' queers. A tiny minority that behaves like children and tries to be as offensive as possible to the majority. In this case, a bunch of azzholes from New Jersey causing trouble in Florida. I hope someone takes a front-end loader to their "monument."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/30/atheists-unveil-monument-by-ten-commandments/?test=latestnews

Pot,.meet Kettle...

Wrong. I was on the defensive responding to an unprovoked attack, the atheists are on the offensive just like you are.

Clink, so, the Christians post this:

20:2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

And some how it's the Athiest that are on offense??

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
An organization of atheists strikes me as some sort of a wry irony — a contradiction in concepts.

Ken, you are confusing Atheist with Anarchist. They are not the same thing.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Everyone has the right to freedom of religion, that includes not having a religion. There is however no right to freedom FROM religion. I have no complaints that people dont want to believe in god, that is their choice. But to continually attack those of us who do, and to presume that somewhere in the constitution, there is written some seperation of church and state, is assenine, and quite frankly pisses me off.

That said. They are legally free to put the bench there. We are free to piss on it as we pass it by

Gitem, if you condone pissing on an Athiest symbol, do you also condome the "Piss Christ" and the throwing feces at the statue (or was it a painting) or the Virgin Mary?

I don't see how either act is conducive to respectful debate.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
An organization of atheists strikes me as some sort of a wry irony — a contradiction in concepts.

Ken, you are confusing Atheist with Anarchist. They are not the same thing.

Didn't know Anarchists organized to build benches and its true, they are not the same.

Point being, the foundation of our laws and liberty weren't codified from either.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Hawk, to claim the Constitution derives from Christianity is just wrong.

To say this:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

derives from this:
Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

and this:
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:

Or that This:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
and this:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

derive from this: I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation..

is just obsurd.

As for our Constitutuion deriving from English Common law, yes, that is the case. But the basis of English Common Law is the English Bill of Right of 1689, which addressed the right of Parliment to limit the power of the King of England who claimed to rule by Divine Right.

Sorry Hawk, it's a nice platatde, it just has no basis in fact.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/30/13.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,257 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,695
Posts18,494,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.