Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I couldn't disagree more with the previous post. The idea that the only way to improve the younger generations is to force them into becoming government sponsored indentured servants is appalling.

Morals and personal responsibilities come from the home, not the army. The fact the young people today seem to lack the dignity and respect of previous generations is a symptom of a much larger problem, not the problem itself.

We are all a product of the society we grew up in. When you misbehaved when you were young your parents didn't rely on the government to discipline you, your father whooped your ass and you didn't do it again. But when society breaks down, when the family unit falls apart, everyone looks to the government for help. And that is were we are today, a give me give me society were no one is responsible for their own well being.

Little Jimmy is unruly and disrespectful? Send him to the military so someone else can attempt to fix the problem we created.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you look at the history of the evolution of the "Nanny State" starting with Universal Suffrage in Wyoming in 1968, you can see a direct correlation with the female vote and the mess we are in now. The evidence is indisputable.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"�Anyone who knows anything of history knows that great social changes are impossible without feminine upheaval. Social progress can be measured exactly by the social position of the fair sex, the ugly ones included.�

-Karl Marx

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That should read, 3 things that have lead, not has. The more educated the people become, the more liberal they become.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by lauren
That should read, 3 things that have lead, not has. The more educated the people become, the more liberal they become.

And there you are, female logic (oxymoron) in motion.... Now if you have a big rack all is forgiven. Oh and some coffee too please.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by justin10mm
I couldn't disagree more with the previous post.

Little Jimmy is unruly and disrespectful? Send him to the military so someone else can attempt to fix the problem we created.

yep lil Jimmy is disrespectful and unruly, along with Jamal, Tyronne, and Jenteal.

my boys are neither disrespectful nor unruly, they both know how to work and they even look like young men, but if you don't realize families like ours are on the verge of being vastly outnumbered by the welfare society, you need to get out more.

you either try and fix em, or you end up having to kill vast numbers of them if we have any type of societal upheaval due to economic, war, manmade or natural disaster.

I'd much prefer it be left up to the families myself, but what I see as reality around me says EPIC FAIL, in large part due to gov't handouts and a morally bankrupt education system.

I'm all ears (or in this case eyes) for your solution(s) but if you think you can "wish" for us to return to the values most of us were raised with, then I want some of whatever you're smoking! grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The more educated the people become, the more liberal they become.

And which gender praytell, is doing that educating? Especially in the formative years?

There are many reasons that the Catholics had the good sense not to subject their little ones to Horace Mann and John Dewey's "Skinner Box". The nuns at a Catholic school would wear your azz out and if they didn't Father O'Brian was up to the task.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Qtip
1) Turning its back on God
2) Turning its back on God
3) Turning its back on God

Everything else is just a symptom.

Qtip
Soli Deo Gloria1

You know what the problem is, when it takes five pages before someone post the correct response. frown GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Women
Melting Pot
Political Correctness

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
1)Lincoln's needless war of conquest and centralization with the consequent death of the 9th and 10th ammendments.
2) The Tubingen "Higher-Cricism" of Ferdinand Christian Baur that brought about the general apostasy of the Protestant Churches in America.
3)The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 thanks to John and Ted Kennedy.

There is a time... to refrain from embracing
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A complete lack of accountability. Too many people are willing to let others take the heat and fall for them so they can continue the life they are living.

Double standards. Goobermint makes rules and laws, then breaks them. You must live by the rules or face jail time. Meanwhile, some overpaid, whiny sports star whips out a pistol in a public place, shoots himself in the leg or some other dumbazz thing and is allowed to continue to play with little to no consequence. See many other examples...

Lack of God. Not enough God is in society today. I grew up with Christian centered principles. When they took the bible out of schools, and public places where it "offended" some idiot, then political correctness took over, Hell came to earth.

I know the OP said the three things and all, but i have one more...

Under-use of the death penalty. If we simply killed off all the murderers and rapists after a guilty verdict, then we wouldnt have so many problems on the streets. Give them one week in prison to set their affairs in order, then pop em. People would actually fear getting caught, thereby reducing the numbers of violent crimes and people in prison simultaneously. It would help if they brought back public execution too... let the kids see what happens if you [bleep] up bad enough. Then make sure it happens to EVERYBODY regardless of their "status" in society.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hoyt
Women
Melting Pot
Political Correctness

There is no melting pot.
It melted out of the curriculum.
Kids aren't taught about the melting pot anymore. They are taught about diversity, diversity is now in.

Americans First!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
The more educated the people become, the more liberal they become.

And which gender praytell, is doing that educating? Especially in the formative years?

There are many reasons that the Catholics had the good sense not to subject their little ones to Horace Mann and John Dewey's "Skinner Box". The nuns at a Catholic school would wear your azz out and if they didn't Father O'Brian was up to the task.

Those miserable old b!tches terrified us and Government education was a breeze by comparison...but I remember every single thing those old crows taught us.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Women's maritial aids

OSHA

Nafta

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,362 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,706
Posts18,513,867
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.