Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Hell, the zombie invasion is already here. Just check those lines early mornings at WalMart, Cabela's, BassPro, etc.

If they don't have that zombified look to them, I dunno who does!

Hey!! I resemble that remark! 'Specially in the morning.. grin

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My Celtic Conspiratorial Mind doen't like this at all.

There hasn't been a false flag incident and yet ammo production is being restricted and back orders cancelled?

Is Hornady the only one? My feeling is the other ammo makers are doing the same but are not being as open or honest.

One thing for sure, there will 'much wailing and gnashing of the teeth' come October when the general public goes shopping for their favorite ammo.
Present company excepted, of course.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Dennis,

Unless you count the 1994 and 2008 panics as part of the same deal, it's been going on since late last fall, not years. That's when Sandy Hook happened and all the anti-gunners started making noises. Before then you could walk into any sporting goods store and buy a brick of primers or .22 ammo at normal prices.

I went to a local gun show during the summer 2008, during the first Obama panic. A guy I knew asked me what the problem was with primer availability, and I explained it was panic buying. The guy with him was a conspiracy theorist, and said it was due to Washington, that we didn't know what was going on "behind closed doors." I didn't try to argue with him, since he obviously had inside information--inside his head, that is. Within six months everything was back to normal.

It will take longer this time, because this panic is much deeper. What I can't figure out is why rimfire ammo became the object of desire. In both the 1994 (assault-rifle ban) and 2008 panics, primers were the biggest problem, but rimfire ammo never was affected.

.22s were hard to find in the 08 panic here. Though it didn't last anywhere near this long.

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just look what an average shooter might shoot in .22 in a year. Maybe a 1000 rounds at most - for an average guy with a handful of firearms and goes out and shoots a few times a year. Maybe even less or a lot less.

However he can walk in and pick up 5x that much ammo when he finds it in stock and not even not a cart. So right there an average shooter is demanding 5x more than regular production, maybe more.

Not that hard to udnerstand. My neighbor never shoots. He owns one rifle, a 22. He has bought 10,000 rounds this year.

Unlike more expensive centerfire ammo it's easy for a non active shooter to pick up massive amounts of ammo compared to what they normaally demand in a year.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find it kind of odd that one of the local gun shops I frequent in town just got a new shipment of Hornady ammo and they had several boxes of 130gr SST .270 Win. That is one of the "suspended" item. I guess I should have grabbed a couple of boxes.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DW12
My Celtic Conspiratorial Mind doen't like this at all.

There hasn't been a false flag incident and yet ammo production is being restricted and back orders cancelled?

Is Hornady the only one? My feeling is the other ammo makers are doing the same but are not being as open or honest.

One thing for sure, there will 'much wailing and gnashing of the teeth' come October when the general public goes shopping for their favorite ammo.
Present company excepted, of course.

Remington is building an even bigger facility to help increase production in AR. Finally herd from a family member that works there, that they are very busy and running at production as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
After looking at the list,..exactly what are they continuing to make..?

crazy

Bullets for obama.

NRA Lifetime Member
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

367 members (1beaver_shooter, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 2,618 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,445
Posts18,528,740
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.