Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I need some of those.

I ordered a pair off Ebay for less that six dollars and free shipping. They are called "Toyota seat belt alarm stop". miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Please let us know how they work, miles.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I will. I know that one will get a lot of use if it works. I have two small dogs that together are heavy enough to trigger the passenger seat belt alarm when I take them to the vet. I intend to use the other a lot around the farm but I intend to keep fastening my seat belt when out on the highway. I still hate that it is a ticketable offense even though I think it is a good idea to wear a belt. I hate the government telling me I have to. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
Tried in the 4wd and had 60 views and no replies, so will try here where there is more traffic. miles

I have a 2011 Taco and when you put it in low four wheel drive there is a warning light flashing and beeping going on, which is annoying. Can it be turned off and how? Next is how to turn off the fasten seat belt buzzer? I found some instructions on line for the seat belt but it did not work. I wear my seat belt most all of the time but when getting in and out around the farm it would be nice if it was turned off. Thanks for any help.

Oh, I thought you wanted me to try the #2 at Taco Bell.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was amazed that my buddies new company supplied Toyota p/u had a tailgate mounted backup camera. I wonder if the tailgate can be stolen as easily as a plain old trucks can? What will those bring on Craigslist?? 4 wheeling with him was a heart breaking experience in that the truck tries to out think you the whole time.

My theory on things like this is "Just because the technology exists doesn't mean I need it." I look for things that suit my needs and no more for simplicity sake, but most of the time we are given no choice. Kind of like the "Buy American" chant- I would if I could find American to buy!!! If China is all that's offered for sale, I can't really buy American now can I?
On trucks, I realize my choices are not realistic for most people. I have a 1978 Toyota with 70K original miles (and no air conditioning!), a 1999 Dodge Cummins Diesel, and a 1995 F350 with 65K on it.

I get tired of my kids wanting every single new device invented within 4 miliseconds of it's introduction. I don't even try to reason with them anymore, they're lost to the corporate advertisers.

Part of the problem of vehicle overcomplication is govt regulations imposed on auto manufacturers and part of it is competition to make the newest gizmo and claim more market share, corporate greed. I figure at some point I have to quit driving 1978 Toyotas but in the meantime I'm happy to stay a few decades behind the new technology.

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by milespatton
Tried in the 4wd and had 60 views and no replies, so will try here where there is more traffic. miles

I have a 2011 Taco and when you put it in low four wheel drive there is a warning light flashing and beeping going on, which is annoying. Can it be turned off and how? Next is how to turn off the fasten seat belt buzzer? I found some instructions on line for the seat belt but it did not work. I wear my seat belt most all of the time but when getting in and out around the farm it would be nice if it was turned off. Thanks for any help.

Oh, I thought you wanted me to try the #2 at Taco Bell.
I thought everything at Taco Bell is #2.

Actually, I thought it was another Lesbian thread and I clicked on it in hopes there were pics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's be fair, EE. It may not be #2, but it sure brings it on.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I was amazed that my buddies new company supplied Toyota p/u had a tailgate mounted backup camera. I wonder if the tailgate can be stolen as easily as a plain old trucks can? What will those bring on Craigslist?? 4 wheeling with him was a heart breaking experience in that the truck tries to out think you the whole time.

My theory on things like this is "Just because the technology exists doesn't mean I need it." I look for things that suit my needs and no more for simplicity sake, but most of the time we are given no choice. Kind of like the "Buy American" chant- I would if I could find American to buy!!! If China is all that's offered for sale, I can't really buy American now can I?
On trucks, I realize my choices are not realistic for most people. I have a 1978 Toyota with 70K original miles (and no air conditioning!), a 1999 Dodge Cummins Diesel, and a 1995 F350 with 65K on it.

I get tired of my kids wanting every single new device invented within 4 miliseconds of it's introduction. I don't even try to reason with them anymore, they're lost to the corporate advertisers.

Part of the problem of vehicle overcomplication is govt regulations imposed on auto manufacturers and part of it is competition to make the newest gizmo and claim more market share, corporate greed. I figure at some point I have to quit driving 1978 Toyotas but in the meantime I'm happy to stay a few decades behind the new technology.
I hate to say this but in 1978, I was sixteen/seventeen and had already internalized "Buy American" from my Dad. In 1978 you really could but now you can't due to folks in 1978 buying Toyotas when they could have been buying Chevy's and Ford's. Maybe you got yours used though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by FlaRick
Let's be fair, EE. It may not be #2, but it sure brings it on.
My wife just had to go to this new Pizza place the other night and it sucked big-time. TB was open afterwards and I got a Burrito Supreme. I don't know how they can sell that crap because it gave the suckass first restaurant a legit run for the money on sucking hard and deep.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got the 1978 Toyota used from a customer in trade. My desire to drive old technology superceded my desire for American when the rare opportunity to aquire this low mileage truck came along. I'm pretty sure the 1978 money that Toyota made selling this truck here is well dispursed and is water under the bridge.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I got the 1978 Toyota used from a customer in trade. My desire to drive old technology superceded my desire for American when the rare opportunity to aquire this low mileage truck came along. I'm pretty sure the 1978 money that Toyota made selling this truck here is well dispursed and is water under the bridge.
The point is that people bought this stuff long before it was the only option available. Not to say that it was totally the public's fault. The big boys dearly love to ship jobs elsewhere.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter
did anyone but me think WTH when they read the title of this thread.

I was thinking about ordering Mexican food!! grin

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Ethan, I bought a used Tacoma in 1990 because US manufacturers simply refused the build the vehicle I wanted at a price I could pay.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I can only relate my experience with Chevys. To get into 4wd low range: select 4wd high/ shift to neutral/ be moving approx. 1mph/ select low range. My truck won't shift to low range if stopped or going to fast.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, I finally thought about it when I was not on a hard surface and tried putting it in 4H and pulling forward a couple of feet and then going to 4L, and there I was in 4L with no beeping and flashing. I did have to go forward and reverse a couple of times for it to go back to 4H from 4L. Maybe I just need to use it more and slick things up. miles

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Mine's an '07 and a stick, but it was tricky at first and got easier to engage into 4low as it got some time/miles on it. Also, I seem to remember something about having to push the knob in while turning it from 4hi to 4lo.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mine is a 2005. I had one day on a slick hillside in Colorado that the damned thing just would not go into low range. I probably lost 30-40 ft in elevation, jockeying back and forth before giving up and easing back down for a harder run at the slope in 4-Hi (barely made it to the top). Never had that problem before or since--quien sabe.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First and foremost, men should not own automatic transmissions.

Yes, I do know it can be quite impossible in todays world.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

447 members (222Sako, 22kHornet, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 40 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 1,185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,099
Posts18,522,253
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.