Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#7899845 07/15/13
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Lawsuit coming

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry...the boss just PM'ed and told me this was alrady posted. I spend too much time outside. smile

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Talk about Ho Lee [bleep]!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have watched that fool thing several times as I got it from several sources. Laughed like a loon every time. Some people are so dumb you wonder how they have sense enough to blink their eyes.

Now the back lash over this foolishness. Some folks take their selves way to serious.

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B2

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You got that right,BCR. I want to hire the smartass who pulled off that gem of a prank.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whoever it was surely did think fast and was light on their feet. Beautiful sendup.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Did you guy's know that the names were actually confirmed by the NTSB?

______

A federal agency blamed a summer intern for confirming false, racially offensive names stemming from a prank as the identities of the pilots on Asiana Airlines Flight 214 that crashed in San Francisco last week.

While far from complete, the National Transportation Safety Board's investigation has focused on the actions of the plane's pilots leading up to the crash as well as their experience flying the Boeing 777. The July 6 crash killed three passengers and sent more than 180 other passengers and crew members to area hospitals, 14 of which remain hospitalized.

The NTSB apologized in a statement Friday night after San Francisco television station KTVU-TV broadcast the obviously fake names, attributing the confirmation to an NTSB official. It is still unclear where the Fox affiliate originally got the false names that were later incorrectly confirmed by the NTSB intern.

"In response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft," read the NTSB statement.

The agency said "appropriate actions" would be taken to prevent what it called a "serious error" from being repeated.

The Asian American Journalists Association said that, even with the NTSB's apology, the station "is hardly off the hook" and called the names "grossly offensive."

"We fail to understand how those obviously phony names could escape detection before appearing on the broadcast and were spoken by the news anchor," read a statement from association president Paul Cheung. "We urge KTVU to conduct a thorough review to prevent similar lapses."

KTVU also apologized for the error, both on air and online.

The station said it made "several mistakes," including not reading the names out loud before reporting them and not asking for the position of the person reached at NTSB.

"We heard this person verify the information without questioning who they were and then rushed the names on our noon newscast," read the KTVU statement. "Even with this statement from the NTSB, KTVU accepts full responsibility for this mistake."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Wow, whoever did that has a good story to tell for a while...

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder if the intern at NTSB was responsible for the "tip" that originally went to the station?

Remarkable prank. Of course, when it comes out who was responsible, they probably won't work anywhere, ever again smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Did you guy's know that the names were actually confirmed by the NTSB?

______

A federal agency blamed a summer intern for confirming false, racially offensive names stemming from a prank as the identities of the pilots on Asiana Airlines Flight 214 that crashed in San Francisco last week.

While far from complete, the National Transportation Safety Board's investigation has focused on the actions of the plane's pilots leading up to the crash as well as their experience flying the Boeing 777. The July 6 crash killed three passengers and sent more than 180 other passengers and crew members to area hospitals, 14 of which remain hospitalized.

The NTSB apologized in a statement Friday night after San Francisco television station KTVU-TV broadcast the obviously fake names, attributing the confirmation to an NTSB official. It is still unclear where the Fox affiliate originally got the false names that were later incorrectly confirmed by the NTSB intern.

"In response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft," read the NTSB statement.

The agency said "appropriate actions" would be taken to prevent what it called a "serious error" from being repeated.

The Asian American Journalists Association said that, even with the NTSB's apology, the station "is hardly off the hook" and called the names "grossly offensive."

"We fail to understand how those obviously phony names could escape detection before appearing on the broadcast and were spoken by the news anchor," read a statement from association president Paul Cheung. "We urge KTVU to conduct a thorough review to prevent similar lapses."

KTVU also apologized for the error, both on air and online.

The station said it made "several mistakes," including not reading the names out loud before reporting them and not asking for the position of the person reached at NTSB.

"We heard this person verify the information without questioning who they were and then rushed the names on our noon newscast," read the KTVU statement. "Even with this statement from the NTSB, KTVU accepts full responsibility for this mistake."

That report surfaced briefly, than seems to have gone real quiet.

GREAT prank !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sort of like what happened to Dan Rather while reporting on the JFK jr accident and a fellow that goes by the name of Capt Janks! He had made old Dan look like a fool more than once, then again its pretty easy considering who and what Dan is.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it was just an quick witted intern with some balls, he'll probably be hosting Saturday Night Live by the end of the summer and writing in hollywood shortly thereafter.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I showed that to a neighbor with Japanese roots and who is fluent in the dialect. She laughed herself to tears.

Then she told me a few things about the language and their "alphabet" I found rather interesting. It got better when she told me a major difference between Chinese and Japanese is that there is no punctuation in the Chinese language.

After all these years I finally learned what is wrong with China.

Wow I mean can you imagine writing or conversing without punctuation especially if youre providing written instructions Maybe thats whats wrong with Congress Must be bunch of ignoramuses dont know whether to chitt or wind their watches seven days a week

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Wonder if the intern at NTSB was responsible for the "tip" that originally went to the station?

Remarkable prank. Of course, when it comes out who was responsible, they probably won't work anywhere, ever again smirk

He never had a future with the Gov't, anyhow. Way too much originality to succeed in that environment.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This has been out for a while, but it is truly unbelievable.

The race by the MSM to get the story first is more important than getting the story right.

Proud NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

The persons name was Sum Dum Fok.

Happy Trails!
NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the law suits have already started

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Ho Lee [bleep] indeed -- everybody should be able to raff at themselves.

[Linked Image]

Maybe the station could by them runch to make up for this insult.

[Linked Image]

John

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The 'brain' that put this together has got to be IRISH!!

LOL LOL!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,034
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.