OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
He he

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SanCalPighunter,

I hope this funning and dissecting of a cartridge (and your language skills and terminology just a little) is not getting you too riled up. We do this to each other rather regularly, just like in a real hunting camp around the evening fires. I was on the brunt end of this when I first joined and posted pictures of a cape buffalo that I stated I had shot in a year that was yet to come! JJHack was the most brutal, and he is now among my closest friends in the whole world. Then there was my 'new' wildcat 22/204 that was not enough different from a 22 RemMag to really matter. See my signature line, this stuff is not worth getting any emotional ties wrapped up in.

And I am remiss in not having wished you a hearty

WELCOME TO 24 HOUR CAMPFIRE!

Hang around, post in some other forums and enjoy your stay.

MARK

Last edited by safariman; 07/17/13.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
PS I was born in Escondido, CA and lived for a while in the LA Basin then Northern California foothill cities like Auburn and surrounding. Hunted and shot lots of pigs and blacktailed deer in California before I escaped in 1993 into free America.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
MSRHunt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by safariman
PS I was born in Escondido, CA and lived for a while in the LA Basin then Northern California foothill cities like Auburn and surrounding. Hunted and shot lots of pigs and blacktailed deer in California before I escaped in 1993 into free America.

We have a local San Diego pig population now but they are a real bitch to hunt. All up in the canyons and brush.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ah yes, I spent many a miserable and dicey hour crawling through pig tunnels in the Manzanita and other nearly impenetrable brush. And usually in nasty heat, too. Always wanted a Ruger 44 Magnum Carbine for that duty but did not get one till I moved up here where they are about as useful as teets on a boarpig.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
He he

If the shoe size is correct? Greg has a point, the terms you use from time to time, indicate you certainly may not know NEAR as much as you THINK you know.

But Mark is right, welcome to the fire, we hash lots of things out here.

But as I"ve always said about accuracy, a chrono providing SD and ES does not always tell you what the most accurate load will be. Only holes in paper/animals answer questions.

The rest is all simply theory. Very possibly educated theory, but theory none the less.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
yes Welcome and also "your gun sucks and your holding it wrong".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still wonder why the 30 AR hasn't been more popular; it gets 300 Savage ballistics, and still fits in an AR15.

and yeah, necking it to .277 or .284 would be pretty interesting, as well.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SanCalPigHunter
He he

Cute,....

but not really an answer to my questions, is it ?

And IF you can get worked up to the point where you're calling twist rate "Threading", you need to maybe relax just a bit, and quit trying to impress everybody so hard.

"Barrel Velocity (muzzle velocity ?)",......we'll just wait and wonder, on that one.

.......I've been involved with a ".450 Bushmaster" project, at and to some depth. That fat rebated rimmed abortion of a case is a cobbled up (most commonly unavailable)joke, looking for guns to blow up. The AR guys had to go to some sorta' unobtanium bolt for THAT cartridge, too.

Welcome, just knock off your finger pointing "Troll" chit muy pronto, would be my best advice

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's pretty clear he doesn't know what he's talking about. Any knowledge or factual evidence he has presented has been reprinted info from the designer.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was following the thread with some interest initially. When you've been studiously pursuing the Accuracy /Velocity Muse, and dealt with pressure demons along the way for over 50 years, obviously a post like this is going to garner your attention. I've killed a LOT of game animals with the .270, and NEVER with a factory load.

At this point I'm wondering WTF the POINT of this post is, other than to start a new member off on the completely WRONG foot.

Hey,....[bleep] this "Troll Accusations" bit, and the lame horse it draggled in on.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
MSRHunt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I still wonder why the 30 AR hasn't been more popular; it gets 300 Savage ballistics, and still fits in an AR15.

Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

I agree theres been a lot fud past around forums like this about the rifle including that its no longer made. They are on shelves right now actually. For me its a build issue. If i cant build it im not interested.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
probably because in 30 cal the 7.62x39 is there to fill that bill, cheap (er) ammo etc....

I generally find that its nuts like myself that like the oddball calibers etc... not run of the mill folks.

And ammo has to be available as I always forget probably 90% of AR shooters do not reload.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I am very much so in the role your own crowd but the whole idea that this will eclipse the 6.8 the 300 black out or the Grendel ( lbc) is very small.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That would be assemble, not build. Unless you are getting barrel blanks, ordering a reamer, threading the barrel and installing the extension, drilling the gas port and reaming the chamber.

M
MSRHunt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
We have what are called "build" parties out here in cali where we "build" lowers in CNC machines. 2 of my 3 AR's i finished in a CNC machine from a 80% lower. We generally refer to assembling a rifle as building it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Cool that you CNC that is actually doing some building work

The rest has always been assembling parts. Nothing more.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leggo

M
MSRHunt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by rost495
Cool that you CNC that is actually doing some building work

The rest has always been assembling parts. Nothing more.

Well its actually pretty easy. The shop charges a CNC rental and the rest is pretty simple. The local machine shop i use charges a 50 dollar fee to rent there CNC machine.

Last edited by SanCalPigHunter; 07/18/13.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
!0 rounds of a cartridge that almost rivals what I used to shoot in a Wichita Silhouette Pistol is not much of an incentive. Sounds just like another underpowered cartridge looking for an audience. But that's just me.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

680 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,854 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,639
Posts18,512,234
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.