Campfire Outfitter
Closest store is 254 miles in Reno :-(

[Linked Image from ]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Geeez! What do you guys expect.....Dave freaking Petzal and John freaking Barsness behind the counters selling these guns????? grin

No! Just Ernest Hemingway in the African Section, Howard Hill in the Archery Section, and we'll settle for Jack O'Connor in the Rocky Mountain area, and Elmer Keith in the revolver department!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WFR
Originally Posted by byc
We're getting a huge Cabelas. As I understand, the first store in the Southeast. Estimates are that upwards of 30k SE folks will travel to this store on a monthly basis.

Big news for the upstate. Now, I just need to fully move from Virginia to SC so I can enjoy it.

Yes, you do!
The nice thing about our Cabela's will be that Twin Peaks and Chuy's are across the street with Palmetto State Armory (18-lane indoor range) behind that.
There's plenty of shops close by to keep the wife busy too.

Hey pard. It's been awhile. We should get together during my next stay.

I just noticed the PSA store the last time I hit Costco. Those guys have done very well. Someone told me the Barrett brothers were part of that setup. That whole Magnolia Park project area is gonna be something else. Seems the only escape is the Paris Mountain side of town and rumor has it that's the next to go totally big box.

Can't wait for Cabelas.

Whitmire, here I come.:-)

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
I've never been terribly impressed with Cabelas. They tend to not have what I want in stock, and the "help" is often not technically proficient.

I had a friend who worked at the Billings store when it first opened; he was given just short of full time so Cabelas didn't have to pay benefits.

Add to this the trophy properties they sell - which are often working ranches subdivided into worthless little ranchettes.

I could give a schit about looking at dead stuff on the wall. I go to a store to buy what I need, and get out as quickly as possible.

If at all possible, I shop somewhere else.

I agree, they have become the walmart of the outdoors world. I never could understand how people can order hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of hunting gear each year. I pop into the one in rapid city once in a while, mostly so my son can watch the fish, on occasion I'll pick up some field points or maybe a lb of powder. last year I picked up a blind that was on sale because I had some gift cards to burn there. there comes a time when you have to ask yourself, how much schit do you need?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I use the same gear year after year.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Elmer is in the Boise store.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stush

Where do these people come from? smh

Pennsylvania grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Im headed to Hamburg Sunday to experience all that joy.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dale K
Mine too. We lived within an hour of the Hamburg store since it opened. Now I live at the other end of Pa. I guess I'll have to try the one West Virginia now.

I was in the Hamburg store last night. I've been working over in Bethlehem for the last few months. That store draws a real interesting mix of people? A lot of Amish and Mennonites, which doesn't surprise me much. The large number of Eastern Europeans and Asians that don't speak much English has shocked me though. Didn't expect that there.

Jump on I 78 east and it's an easy drive to NY/NJ. Head the other way, catch 83 south in Harrisburg and Baltimore ain't far away. Add in Reading, Philly and Lancaster, you've got millions of people within 2 hrs or so of Hamburg.

I've been there when busloads of people are arriving. I'm trusting to memory but I think they said 7 million people went through the doors the first year they were open. With that many, it's for damn sure they weren't all old white guys! smile

Dale

This space for rent

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I've been getting the hard cover "collector's edition" ever since the first one that came out. smile

I wish we had one nearby; a BassPro about an hour and a half away is as close as it gets. BUT there's always the internet....just a mouse click away. smile

I bought a Remington 700 Custom from the Billings store over the internet a while back and was thoroughly pleased with the transaction. When I called to give my credit card info, the fellow I talked to made a special effort to ask if I was aware of a slight blemish on the finish that didn't really stand out in their photos. I had seen it but was impressed with their honesty anyway.

Last edited by navlav8r; 08/09/13.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mine too. We lived within an hour of the Hamburg store since it opened. Now I live at the other end of Pa. I guess I'll have to try the one West Virginia now.

I was in the Hamburg store last night. I've been working over in Bethlehem for the last few months. That store draws a real interesting mix of people? A lot of Amish and Mennonites, which doesn't surprise me much. The large number of Eastern Europeans and Asians that don't speak much English has shocked me though. Didn't expect that there.

I just got done making my shopping kist for cabelas this weekend however i always spend time cruising the used gun racks occasionally an excellent deal can be found. This trip is primarily for goose decoys. 13 dozen just doesnt seem like enough

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I generally shop at the Lacey,WA Cabelas as it's close to Joint Base Lewis/McCord so they give a 5 or 10% discount if you have a Military ID, active duty or retired at that store.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gitem_12

I just got done making my shopping kist for cabelas this weekend however i always spend time cruising the used gun racks occasionally an excellent deal can be found. This trip is primarily for goose decoys. 13 dozen just doesnt seem like enough

Hamburg!

My Dad always said "We should have captured Hitler and sent him to Hamburg...and not given him any snuff!"

grin crazy

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 16gage, 007FJ, 16Racing, 12344mag, 69 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,354
Posts18,487,968
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.