Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Looks fun! Say, who built the benches? Super nice. Anyone get some blue prints?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
GB4

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Higbean
Looks fun! Say, who built the benches? Super nice. Anyone get some blue prints?

Mic McPherson brought them. They are made by a company called Tower Stool Company in Faith, SD. Mic said that they are about $85 each plus about that much in shipping. I briefly checked out their web site for a current price, but didn't see one. They are called the Hench Bench and the stool comes with them.

Last edited by mudhen; 08/12/13.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sure wish it was in the stars to attend. Makes me want to build an ultralight camping rig for the next one. We shall see. It would really do me proud to meet Ken H and a lot of others I read here. Seeing faces with handles really is good.

Glad a fine time was had and hope one day to be amongst you all.

Have a fine evening and do be safe
Patty

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm not home yet, that will happen Friday evening.

I celebrated THE best birthday there. More fun, food, camaraderie, friends, shooting, and tale-telling than oughta be allowed. grin

I wish we had had a video camera running the whole time. Moments like the physics lesson that Jon got with David's .500 Linebaugh, the four person coffee-making dance trying to keep up with thirty five coffee drinkers, the kids getting to shoot all types and calibers of firearms, Dave's (Paladin) prowess with big-bore handguns at long range and the many coins he shot out of the air with his Mod 41 S&W (souvenirs for the kids grin ), and the goodbyes as folks were starting their way home.

Great memories!

Watching Dave patiently work with a couple of young kids and some young (but older) ladies, introducing them to handguns was a complete pleasure.

There were a number of folks there who were not very familiar with firearms, they came along with family. There were so many willing, patient people, volunteering firearms, ammo, and instruction that no one was left out.

The cooking was a team effort headed up by Kent, Dennis, Jon (the Bacon Master), Ben, Miles, Joy (Mark Schubert's lovely bride), Mathilda(sp?) (Birdwatcher's guardian angel, Brenna(sp?)(NMLady's/ElkhunternNM's daughter & pastry chef par excellence), and two other ladies I cannot recall their names. Other folks jumped in to help with cooking tasks, but that is the core. Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone, the weekend went by in a blur. grin

There were just too many instances of generosity, kindness, courtesy, and selflessness to count. Just call it the entire weekend.

The young kids that showed up (I have to differentiate between the "young" kids and those who merely acted that way shocked grin )were a pleasure to be around. Frank (NMLady's/ElkhunterNM's son, Brenna(sp?), Paige, and Toby were icing on the cake for this gathering.

Competing in the matches, while they were informal, was still daunting. There are some VERY good shooters in this group! Mic McPherson won the rimfire PD shoot with a borrowed rifle that he had coached the owner on. I don't recall all of the first, second, and third place winners, but the matches were all close.

The informal shooting was even more fun. There were a couple of steel gongs at 200yds and a bunch of golf balls hanging from a line at 50yds, as well as an orange target ball that Blue brought, golf balls on the ground, and a surveyors flag at 100 yds that was hit five times in the plastic and twice (intentionally!) in the wire.

Add in all of the BS that was shot in and around the fire and campground, Patrick's .50-90 shooting BPCR, and Birdwatchers flintlock rifle and the air was positively blue. grin

I hope other folks choose to join in at the next one, they are worth the time and effort to go.

Thanks again to everyone!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ed. Happy belated birthday. Sir.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Don't know if anyone was sporting a camera at the hidden steel challenge.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

[Linked Image]
Mike (Birdwatcher) and Toby

i don't think i've ever seen mikes shoe laces tied.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by CCCC
Excellent photos, guys. Anybody get pictures of Dennis' multi-distance/multi-size/multi-color steel shoot?

[Linked Image]

Things were kinda winding down by the time we got back from the shop detour. Mic McPherson was offering the few folks left out there a chance to shoot his .17 Hornet rifle so I took him up on it. With his and Larry's input I was able to hit the orange target(277 yards??) three out of three shots. Never shot that small of a caliber rifle that far with that kind of success, sure was fun!! The small white target to the left and a bit further back looked to be a challenge. I'm curious as to who hit it and with what rifle??

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW - looks like everyone had an awesome time - so many new faces

great to see so many people who can get together and have fun shooting - eating and B.S'n

fine example for the young ones - they will remember times like these for years to come.

how many candles on the cake or did it just say "to the old fart"
glad you were able to share your birthday Ed - hope you have many more.

how'd the cook's have time to do anything but cook - lol

I had good intentions of showing up but things changed - had personal things that required my attention
a land deal - we are now proud owners of an addition 80 acres. n/w of ashfork , az

hope to be at the next one - how about a list of names ?

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Missed you, guy. Don't miss the next one!

Ben

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
One of these days I hope to attend!

Doc looks REALLY good in that picture! I think the get together must have done some good!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
One of these days I hope to attend!

Doc looks REALLY good in that picture! I think the get together must have done some good!

Jeff

Doc DOES look good there. He seemed to have had a blast.

You really should make one, Jeff. You will enjoy yourself immensely.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by azcoues

how many candles on the cake or did it just say "to the old fart"
glad you were able to share your birthday Ed - hope you have many more.

Thank you.
NO candles, there wasn't enough wax in NM to make that many. grin They all stood around and sang Happy Birthday, then continued on with the verbal abuse, as usual. laugh Most of it led by curdog4570 & eh76.
All of it totally unwarranted since I was a perfect gentleman all weekend, being my usual mild mannered, sensitive, and caring self. grin

Ed

mudhen Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Found a few more photos worth sharing...

[Linked Image]
David ringing the steel at 125 yds!

[Linked Image]
Jeff falling in love with Mic's 4 1/2 lb Marlin .44 Mag.

[Linked Image]
Mike trying out one of those newfangled cartridge rifles--a Hepburn in .38-55.

[Linked Image]
Waiting for more fresh coffee on a cool Sunday morning.

[Linked Image]
Visiting with new Campfire friends from New Hampshire: BogTrotter (standing right) and his better half (standing left).

[Linked Image]
Kent braving a steamy skillet on a cool high country Sunday morning!

Last edited by mudhen; 08/12/13.

Ben

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Man, that last shot, Kent doing his kitchen Magic, is a CLASSIC, Ben !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I see Blue found out I couldn't come and decided it was safe to bring my Hepburn. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
We had 42 that we counted, hope we didn't miss someone in the tally.

Keith cooked the fish and it was great, Gene brought the fish and a fryer that I wish was mine. Jon and Katie were the breakfast meat cookers, David the gravey. Mathilda, Joy made eggs and pretty much everything else. Ed, Ben tried to keep coffee ahead, pretty much an entire can each morning. Brenna, Frank, Brian pitched in as did others.

My victory was 70 dutch oven biscuits that actually worked... I should'a took a picture... lol.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Ken," one of the guys said to me, "I'd like to ask you a question, and I don't want you to answer it 'til you've thought it over with an open mind. What do you think of having one of these shindigs in east Texas?"

"I don't have to think it over," I said, "and I have a very closed mind about it. I'm all for it. Do it!"

Later, we talked about whether such a get-together ought to supplement or to replace the Quemado event.

IMHO, the more such events the better � IOW, BOTH the east Texas event AND the Quemado event PLUS as many more as y'all can gin-up. There are already some other such gatherings � the hog hunt, the Padre Island fishing, the western Washington romp, one in Colorado, � Great ideas all.

One wonderful aspect of all these events is usually the absence of the on-line guys with active dual anuses. Seems to me that that one benefit alone is enough to encourage more and more in-person meet-ups and gatherings of Campfire compa�eros.

There'll always be those who yearn to get together with such a fine crowd but for one reason or another just can't do it. A such event in east Texas, for example, would draw many of the Quemado bunch PLUS a good number for whom New Mexico is just too far away for a week-end romp, no matter how good the fellowship may be.

A big crowd is nice, but by no means is it "better" than a small to medium group. The Sierra-Vista-Quemado tradition started with six to eight Campfire guys getting together at a restaurant one afternoon in or near Phoenix in (IIRC) 2010.

Let the good times roll! And roll! And roll! And roll! And �

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (007FJ, 160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,648 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.