"Ken," one of the guys said to me, "I'd like to ask you a question, and I don't want you to answer it 'til you've thought it over with an open mind. What do you think of having one of these shindigs in east Texas?"

"I don't have to think it over," I said, "and I have a very closed mind about it. I'm all for it. Do it!"

Later, we talked about whether such a get-together ought to supplement or to replace the Quemado event.

IMHO, the more such events the better � IOW, BOTH the east Texas event AND the Quemado event PLUS as many more as y'all can gin-up. There are already some other such gatherings � the hog hunt, the Padre Island fishing, the western Washington romp, one in Colorado, � Great ideas all.

One wonderful aspect of all these events is usually the absence of the on-line guys with active dual anuses. Seems to me that that one benefit alone is enough to encourage more and more in-person meet-ups and gatherings of Campfire compa�eros.

There'll always be those who yearn to get together with such a fine crowd but for one reason or another just can't do it. A such event in east Texas, for example, would draw many of the Quemado bunch PLUS a good number for whom New Mexico is just too far away for a week-end romp, no matter how good the fellowship may be.

A big crowd is nice, but by no means is it "better" than a small to medium group. The Sierra-Vista-Quemado tradition started with six to eight Campfire guys getting together at a restaurant one afternoon in or near Phoenix in (IIRC) 2010.

Let the good times roll! And roll! And roll! And roll! And �

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.