What's really strange is the fact that the incident was probably intended to be kept in Quemada.

Not seeing any conspiracy here, maybe more along the lines of not blowing anything out of proportion without being sure of all the facts.

The first question would be had either of those two rifles done anything like that before, which seems unlikely given that both shooters were apparently surprised when it happened.

And the important thing of course is that, thanks to the basic rules of gun handling, that sort of thing could have happened all day without anyone getting hurt.

I will say that this was a big event, with lots of people, in a new setting for most everyone. It has been my experience that unintended things are more likely to happen in that sort of circumstance.

The other important thing for everyone to recall is that this whole thing was an unbelievably good time. I only drove 900 miles one way to spend an evening, a day and a morning there but some people drove nearly twice that far.

I ain't heard a one of us say it weren't worth it, rather everyone has been saying "When can we do this again?" cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744