B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MIVHNTR
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by headhunter130
Unless it has Toyota in the name, no way could it be a good truck. By the way, Ford, brought to you by Mexico and Canada.

LOL! When did toyota start to build a truck? A toyota is nothing more than a sorry little grocery getting, mall shopping POS.

By the way, toyota is brought to you by Japan.

My Super Duty came from Louisville, KY. USA.

My Toyota is UAW made in Texas... And will be running when that POS ford has rattled itself apart.

You remind me of the idiots around here that drive a Harley because it's "American Iron" and at the same time degrade the Japanese bikes because they aren't American iron. Then the big, bad Harley rider jumps into their Japanese POS car/truck and bitches about American made cars/trucks.

A Jap "truck" is still a Jap "truck" no matter where it's built, or who builds it. To think otherwise is just plain foolishness.

BTW, your little POS toyota can't begin to work like a Super Duty. So go to the mall, ride around the parking lot and tell everyone about your big off road shopping adventures.

You remind me of a idiot, that is, well, an idiot!
Of course a 1/2 or smaller truck cant do what 3/4-1 ton truck can do.. But a Toyota also wont fall apart like a big three POS either.
And BTW dirtbag, the Toyota Tundra has a higher american made content than GM, Ford and Dodge trucks.. Do a little research before you open your mouth.

Last edited by BWalker; 08/16/13.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
headhunter130-Toyotas rule the roost everywhere in the world where toughness and reliability are paramount. Crawl back into your cave.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by SamOlson

But c'mon, it's a common known fact that Toyota doesn't build a real pickup...

If I were a farmer, I wouldn't drive one either.

Hahaha! Thems fightin' words in Montana boys!

Travis

Funny how stuff evolves in different countries to fill different needs.

Damn right cuzzin'...grin

Tuesday back onto the county road.

Wet gumbo can plug up the 'fenders' on a horse trailer and the wheels get real hard to turn. Dad was checking them before we went home.

[Linked Image]

That Toyota in JStuart's link looked badass, just not practical for alot of stuff.

For general duty work, most farmers around the UK run either a Landrover Defender (usually a SWB) or one of the Jap mid sized pick-ups.

For moving loads like the trailer above, they revert to a
"cattle lorry" which come in various sizes..

I have only ever seen one trailer like yours on the road over here, so while I guess they are legal, most folks use something that looks like a tractor unit and a small semi for loads like that..

I am going to guess a lot of the differences are driven by the fine detail of our laws, plus the cost of fuel ect

We do get small commercial vehicles in the 3/4 tonne and 1 tonne class, but they are flatbed trucks rather than oversize pick-ups, and they are almost never seen outside the construction industry..

Regards,

Peter

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stan V
If it has a towing capacity of 5000 lbs or so, then it'll serve 90% of truck purchasers.

NG is a huge fuel source.

And a fuel source the US is rich in supply.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
When I had a motor home here was never a problem finding propane to fill the tank that powered appliances & heat. Campgrounds, RV dealers, & many truck stops offered propane. Many buses & commercial vehicles run off propane now.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Australia has been using natural gas (LPG) since the 70's. The taxi's and buses always use it and many cars have the tanks designed in or added.
When it was introduced, the cost of the gas was about 20% that of petrol. "was", being the operative word.

It is not new technology, the US is way behind in a lot of areas.

That's funny, there are more people in Florida than your whole damn country.

Score one for Australia... wink

The first, ever!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Here's a video of one of them junk Toyota,s. The truck was gave to a Ranch in TX and used for 100,000 miles off road. The truck regularly towed a 24' trailer loaded with 12 1200# Head of cattle. The only parts replaced 1 battery and the radio in 100,000 miles, junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fm2AmIYFlfw

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

My Toyota is UAW made in Texas... And will be running when that POS ford has rattled itself apart.

You remind me of the idiots around here that drive a Harley because it's "American Iron" and at the same time degrade the Japanese bikes because they aren't American iron. Then the big, bad Harley rider jumps into their Japanese POS car/truck and bitches about American made cars/trucks.

A Jap "truck" is still a Jap "truck" no matter where it's built, or who builds it. To think otherwise is just plain foolishness.

BTW, your little POS toyota can't begin to work like a Super Duty. So go to the mall, ride around the parking lot and tell everyone about your big off road shopping adventures.

Of course a 1/2 or smaller truck cant do what 3/4-1 ton truck can do.. But a Toyota also wont fall apart like a big three POS either.
And BTW dirtbag, the Toyota Tundra has a higher american made content than GM, Ford and Dodge trucks.. Do a little research before you open your mouth.

Someone has their little girl panties in a bunch. I can't lower myself to your low level, but the word obtuse is applicable in your case. No sense to discuss economics, trade deficit, etc., because it's obviously over your comprehension level.

The toyota can't do the work of a real truck? What good is it then? Of course, a POS toyota can be used for grocery getting and mall shopping "off road expeditions", but then again, so can a mini-van.

If someone drove to the hamlet that you call home, they'd find your POS toyota truck with obama and pro-gay rights stickers pasted on it, "off roading" in a parking lot.

FYI:
Toyota Corporate Office Headquarters
Toyota Motor Corporation
1, Toyota-cho
Toyota-Shi, ACH 471-8571 Japan
Corporate Phone Number: +81-565-282121
Corporate Fax Number: +81-565-235800

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Why is it whenever these comparisons are brought up, the Tundra is often compared to the 3/4 or 1 ton pickups from Chevy, Dodge or Ford? Can't the comparisons be more apples to apples and not apples to oranges?

It is my belief if you take a Tundra with the 5.7 engine and compare it to a like 1/2 ton Chevy, Dodge or Ford they will no doubt hold their own right well. I do know that my Tundra will pull an 8500+ lb. Travel trailer over some pretty high mountain passes faster than the legal speed limit. It would probably pull even heavier loads but why would I want to exceed the legal load limits of it? To me pulling a load heavier than 10,000 lbs is immaterial because I don't own anything like that.

The last time I checked the Ford F-150 was the best selling pickup on the market so I doubt if the majority of Ford truck owners are pulling real heavy loads on sub-par roads.

Larry
"Speed is fine but accuracy is final" - Bill Jordan
"We do not exaggerate when we state positively that the remodelled Springfield is the best and most suitable "all 'round" rifle".......Seymour Griffin, GRIFFIN & HOWE, Inc. wink
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Someone has their little girl panties in a bunch. I can't lower myself to your low level, but the word obtuse is applicable in your case. No sense to discuss economics, trade deficit, etc., because it's obviously over your comprehension level.

The toyota can't do the work of a real truck? What good is it then? Of course, a POS toyota can be used for grocery getting and mall shopping "off road expeditions", but then again, so can a mini-van.

If someone drove to the hamlet that you call home, they'd find your POS toyota truck with obama and pro-gay rights stickers pasted on it, "off roading" in a parking lot.

FYI:
Toyota Motor Corporation
1, Toyota-cho

So your saying a F150, Gmc or Ram 1500 etc are all POS trucks too, because they can't do the work of a "real" truck? The Toyota can certainly do what the 1/2 ton trucks of domestic manufactureres can do.

Not everyone needs a truck to haul cattle or equipment. In fact, the majority don't. All I need to pull with my truck is a couple quads,camping gear and hopefully a moose or elk. I also need it to get me where I'm gojng,which quite often is going to be some pretty rough places. In cases like this, why would I want a big,heavy F350? A 1/2 ton truck is all I need,and is probably better suited to my needs than a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, particularily when going over erough terrrain.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That's funny, there are more people in Florida than your whole damn country.

Score one for Australia... wink

The first, ever!

Travis

That's right...it is a nasty, nasty, place and you never want to visit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by xxclaro

FYI:
Toyota Motor Corporation
1, Toyota-cho

So your saying a F150, Gmc or Ram 1500 etc are all POS trucks too, because they can't do the work of a "real" truck? The Toyota can certainly do what the 1/2 ton trucks of domestic manufactureres can do.

Not everyone needs a truck to haul cattle or equipment. In fact, the majority don't. All I need to pull with my truck is a couple quads,camping gear and hopefully a moose or elk. I also need it to get me where I'm gojng,which quite often is going to be some pretty rough places. In cases like this, why would I want a big,heavy F350? A 1/2 ton truck is all I need,and is probably better suited to my needs than a 3/4 or 1 ton truck, particularily when going over erough terrrain.

Apparently, some people disagree with your astute observation regarding toyota "trucks", their ability to be used for work and the F-150.

From heavy construction to road maintenance, Ford F-150 holds a dominant market share position against its light-duty competitors, according to R.L. Polk data. For example, F-150 leads in a variety of fields, including:

62 percent market share in road and highway maintenance
68 percent share in hazardous materials work
67 percent share in the oil pipeline industry

On a sidenote, I have seen 1/2 T Ford, GM and Dodge trucks carrying snowplows in the wintertime. toyota? In a word. NO.

It's always the toyota fan boys that want to compare compare their POS toyotas to the Super Duty series trucks. Why? They are envious.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

FYI:
Toyota Motor Corporation
1, Toyota-cho

Says some brand loyal chump...
And I could easily pick apart all the BS you have posted, but its honestly a waste of time with a retard like you!
But for starters compare the resale value of a 2006 Tundra and Tacoma with that of a F-150 and Ranger. I got a hint, it wont even be close.

Last edited by BWalker; 08/16/13.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JSTUART

That's right...it is a nasty, nasty, place and you never want to visit.

That's a no brainer.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
BWalker

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

You are now on Ignore because you are ignorant.

Go to the mall and tell your fellow buddies more BS tales about your POS excuse for a truck.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
BWalker

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

You are now on Ignore because you are ignorant.

Go to the mall and tell your fellow buddies more BS tales about your POS excuse for a truck.

Both my Toyotas are unstoppable.

Travis

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

472 members (19rabbit52, 007FJ, 222Sako, 308xray, 29aholic, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 1,727 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,011
Posts18,520,664
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.