Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Gus
contrary to your goldbug perspective (where did that come from?), life moves forward. just ask the biological people's among us?

i think following gold is engrained in our (your?) DNA?

ecological development is being handed down from God to us Humans. it's a part of the process.

carry on, troop. wink

Can anyone translate this?
yes if gold were to vanish tomorrow life would continue on.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
folks, trust me. if we had no gold where we be? why, we'd be right here of course.

gold helps us, wen put into use. when it sits in a vault with armed guards, it means next to nothing.

if we could increase the output of the Earth, what would we do next? i mean 9 billion people, eating the Earth. how should we organize such?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Oy vey!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Gus
folks, trust me. if we had no gold where we be? why, we'd be right here of course.

gold helps us, wen put into use. when it sits in a vault with armed guards, it means next to nothing.

if we could increase the output of the Earth, what would we do next? i mean 9 billion people, eating the Earth. how should we organize such?

I disagree as you presuppose that without gold society and the world would have progressed in the same manner. This is simply not true. Remove modern medicine and electronics and the world today is a much different place.

And fyi it is the value of the gold that allows it to sit in a vault. People use it for many applications and it is hard to obtain. Thus it is better to have a supply on hand when someone wants to buy than to have to go out explore, dig, mine, extract, and refine instantaneously. Simple economics and logic.

But do carry on...

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
humans attempting to eat the Earth in an orderly manner.

we're pushing toward 9 billion people. that's not a problem is it?

would i swap a pound of gold for a loaf of bread? why, i think i might?

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never mind that I don't trust the .gov either.

But then again, if there has been no audit, how do you know if we do or do not have gold?

Who is THEY? That we always refer to?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by Gus

I disagree as you presuppose that without gold society and the world would have progressed in the same manner. This is simply not true. Remove modern medicine and electronics and the world today is a much different place.

And fyi it is the value of the gold that allows it to sit in a vault. People use it for many applications and it is hard to obtain. Thus it is better to have a supply on hand when someone wants to buy than to have to go out explore, dig, mine, extract, and refine instantaneously. Simple economics and logic.

But do carry on...
Well said, but wasted on Gus.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
Great. Send me a pound of gold and I'll send you two loaves of bread.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Gus
Great. Send me a pound of gold and I'll send you two loaves of bread.

This made me laugh

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rost495
Never mind that I don't trust the .gov either.

But then again, if there has been no audit, how do you know if we do or do not have gold?

Who is THEY? That we always refer to?
Right, the government isn't actually "we." The government has long ago become a mere component of the state that rules us. The state is the descendent of the first band of brigands who ever came upon an agriculturally based society and demanded regular tribute so that they and their friends may live a life of ease, comfort, luxury, and power. Those who paid the tribute didn't consider themselves part of the "we" that ruled them. They understood, rather, that the state was their victimizer, i.e., it was a "them," not a "we."

The Founding Fathers attempted to do something revolutionary, i.e., impose law on the state such that it was forced to exist in the service of We The People, rather than the service of itself and a small group of associates. This experiment was undermined long ago, however, and the mechanisms of government created by the Founders to apply law to the state have largely been subverted by the rulers of the state and turned to their own purposes.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Gus

It once meant our money was worth something, Gus.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Boys, all you can make with gold is BBs. The emerging standard is lead.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Expound, please, DD.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But Glenn beck says to pray about it, then buy some

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'm praying I can make enough buy some more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The true worth of a dog, or gold, can only be determined when it is sold, and the "worth" that is established at that point in time has validity ONLY for the two persons or entities involved in the transaction.

If I price a dog at a hundred dollars, and you offer fifty dollars, its worth is somewhere between the two numbers. Persons other than you or me are unaffected by our transaction, or lack of a transaction.

If paper currency becomes worthless, gold will be worthless as
well other than it's value in manufacturing.

IOW..... I care not if .gov has a bunch of gold, or no gold.

I ain't buying or selling it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That may be the best thing to do. Only time will tell if you or TRH are correct.

If our dollar becomes worthless, gold may become more valuable on the world markets than it now is.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
who's going to allow our dollar to become worthless, ya know?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
.g been allowing it as far as I know, and as long as I can remember.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by bea175
Without any gold in Fort Knox, the United States has nothing backing the dollar but faith.
That's been the case since the US FRN Dollar was delinked from gold by Nixon in 1972. Whether the gold is at Fort Knox or not, it's not our gold anymore anyway. It belongs to the private international banking establishment, regardless of where it's stored.

The United States has been OFF of the Gold Standard since June 5, 1933, when the great demoncrat FDR signed legislation removing us from the gold standard! All Nixon did was legalize American ownership of gold with the law he signed!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,416
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.