Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
From the Telegraph in London......

Britain is planning to join forces with America and launch military action against Syria within days in response to the gas attack believed to have been carried out by President Bashar al-Assad�s forces against his own people.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let them kill one another until no Syrian is left alive, before I would risk one American life

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by temmi
1,000,000 dead Syrians are not worth 1 US service person

We need to stay out

Snake

this x 1,000,000

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Taking Assad out will further weaken the Iranians. Cruise missles away! Time for the democrats to clean up their chit pile.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ady-to-launch-first-strike-on-Syria.html

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
We sat on our rear-ends and did absolutely nothing when a bunch of Iranians were protesting in the streets to get rid of Ahmadinejad, but we're all ready to jump into a civil war in Syria between a-hole #1 and a-hole #2.

The sad thing is that half the GOP is gonna get up there and war-monger us into it (I'm looking at you John McCain, etc.). If guys like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz REALLY want to make an impact, they'll get up and oppose intervention in this NOW! Let Russia and China deal with it. It's time the USA kept it's nose out of other's business....

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I can't imagine any appropriate action in Syria that won't put us in a bad position.

But not to worry, the Obamanation has set up the Joint Chiefs to take the fall if anything goes wrong.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Cruz is in favor of using the U.S. military in Syria,...although in typical Ted Cruz fashion, he's all mealy mouthed about it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...-military-action-syria-charles-c-w-cooke

We need to be developing a clear, practical plan to go in, locate the weapons, secure or destroy them, and then get out. The United States should be firmly in the lead to make sure the job is done right.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
O could score HUGE on this.

One of his speech writers could put together something along the lines of "enough intervention in ME politics, look upon TUrkey/Russia/China (whoever) to assert a strong role, we are looking to share the Superpower moniker, while of course we condemn etc etc., domestic issues of our own yada yada"

It nauseates me to think about it.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't imagine any appropriate action in Syria that won't put us in a bad position.

Tin pot dictators should be smashed whenever possible. Assad allowed IED's and all sort of good things through his borders into Iraq. They are also allies with russia,iran, n korea. The rebels will take years to sort it all out after Assad is hung for war crimes. (bristoe cries) Death to all that hate us.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

KFWA Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
you have to think beyond the next 10 minutes

take out Assad and they just put in place Muslim Brotherhood extremists thru democratic elections.

Think they'll tell Al Qaeda no to Assad's weapon cache?

the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Last edited by KFWA; 08/26/13.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KFWA

Britain is planning to join forces with America and launch military action against Syria within days in response to the gas attack believed to have been carried out by President Bashar al-Assad�s forces against his own people.

Can't help but feeling we are being played as suckers again.

Its very feasible this attack was carried out with the sole intention of luring the West into attacking Assads regime.

We should stay out unless there is a compelling National Security threat. Given the WMD fiasco over Iraq, both our countries are going to have a hard job selling that to our respective public's, although that the somewhat convenient use of chemical weapons may help in that respect...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by KFWA

Can't help but feeling we are being played as suckers again.

Its very feasible this attack was carried out with the sole intention of luring the West into attacking Assads regime.

We should stay out unless there is a compelling National Security threat.
Given the WMD fiasco over Iraq, both our countries are going to have a hard job selling that to our respective public's, although that the somewhat convenient use of chemical weapons may help in that respect...

Plus 1 for Pete

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The West is being played for a sucker again.I see no way that Assad would use a minor chemical attack to risk outside intervention.I believe that IF this attack occured it was staged by the leftist,UN,Muslim Brotherhood group.This way they can get our help to take power,just like Egypt,just like Libya.We continue to help dig our own grave. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by temmi
1,000,000 dead Syrians are not worth 1 US service person

We need to stay out

Snake

this x 1,000,000

Agree 100%

We simply cannot afford to fix the World any more, at least at the time being.
We will destroy ourselves as we pour out our last dollar attempting to be the good samaritan.
How many billions are we going to need to dump into this project?

It seems we are are completely unable to udder those words as a society.

"We can't afford it"

U.S Debt Clock....freaking scary. eek

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are three factions in Syria, the current Goverment, one headed by a former general and backed by Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood and a third, secular and more rational under a Colonel Riad (sp?). Had we backed him from the outset, he could have toppled the Assad regime and maybe given us a more secular, western-friendly Syria. It's going to be tough sorting this one out.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Salmonella

"We can't afford it"

Such a fitting faux-pas - so many worthless folks living off the working American's teats...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Salmonella

"We can't afford it"

Such a fitting faux-pas - so many worthless folks living off the working American's teats...

Freudian slip

blush

Proud NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My first question is always what would Ron Paul do ? That being said we have no allies in Syria. But to answer some people's question we do have allies in Israel . Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,077
Posts18,482,727
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.