Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
X
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Of course, as well as the two quarters he shot for my Grandkids. One in front of the face and the other behind the head so they could tell them apart.

Here is the golf ball:

[Linked Image]

He hit it off center with his first shot resulting in the groove you see. Next shot he hit it dead on.

Thanks for the golf ball picture and explanation. Sorta the same deal as the center hit quarter, one light edge hit before the dead on shot!!

GB4

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just a note to thank everyone for the good times and kind words, and a special thanks to Kent for keeping camp and cooking.

Don't have a good connection at the moment, so will try to post more later in response/reply to previous posts.

Thanks again everyone for the hospitality and generosity.

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=mudhen][Linked Image]
Don't remember this young lady's name (old age problem), but she was bouncing the target balls around with that handgun.

This is Kristy.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
kristy, would shoot all day and never take a break, if she could. she had miles, as a loader and as fast as miles, got one gun loaded she handed him an empty gun to load. she was still shooting sunday morning after most people had left.rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
MAN! I would give my eyeteeth (if I still had em) to be able to make one of them there shindigs. Good on Y'all for making it happen.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
MAN! I would give my eyeteeth (if I still had em) to be able to make one of them there shindigs. Good on Y'all for making it happen.

Jever wonder, y'old fart, why we've never letcha come out to one of 'em? grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
smile smile smile smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by T LEE

Terry,

My bride and I are trying to figure out dates to have one here. I just checked Google Maps and it's a two day drive to here from your fair city.
That means that if someone kidnaps you, you'll be gone almost a week. grin

If there is ANY way possible, Id love for you (and your bride!) to make it.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
Kristy would shoot all day and never take a break, if she could. She had Miles as a loader and as fast as Miles got one gun loaded she handed him an empty gun to load. She was still shooting Sunday morning after most people had left.

Wish she'd never shown-up. I fall in love 'way too easily, and that aches a little every time � especially when a particularly huggable sweetie is there no longer.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Check PMs for draft list of Campfire participants.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paladin
Don't remember this young lady's name (old age problem), but she was bouncing the target balls around with that handgun.

This is Kristy.

And... unless I'm badly mistaken, that's my 41 MAG Titantium Tracker she is shooting in this picture. I know she shot everything handed to her, including it and a 40 S & W I had.

I think David kept the Linebaugh hidden when she was around.grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570

This is Kristy.

And... unless I'm badly mistaken, that's my 41 MAG Titantium Tracker she is shooting in this picture. I know she shot everything handed to her, including it and a 40 S & W I had.

I think David kept the Linebaugh hidden when she was around.grin

nope she shot that too, atleast the low power loads like i did, infact she was trying o convince Jon's gal to shoot it aswell cause it wasnt that bad with the light loads....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
Kristy would shoot all day and never take a break, if she could. She had Miles as a loader and as fast as Miles got one gun loaded she handed him an empty gun to load. She was still shooting Sunday morning after most people had left.

Wish she'd never shown-up. I fall in love 'way too easily, and that aches a little every time � especially when a particularly huggable sweetie is there no longer.

Ken,

I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure she will show up again if at all possible. I hope the ache doesn't last long.

She had a great time and, I believe, was amazed by the kindness, generosity, and acceptance shown by everyone there.

David

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

� I'm pretty sure she will show up again if at all possible. I hope the ache doesn't last long. �

And Paige, too?

Be still, my heart!

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

� I'm pretty sure she will show up again if at all possible. I hope the ache doesn't last long. �

And Paige, too?

Be still, my heart!

Most likely and with another, Maddie, who couldn't make it this go round.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ken,

I'm sorry to say that I'm pretty sure she will show up again if at all possible. I hope the ache doesn't last long.

She had a great time and, I believe, was amazed by the kindness, generosity, and acceptance shown by everyone there.

David

i hope thats the case with her and with the other gals that showed up......hate to think the group wasnt hospitable....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
A few pic.s from the NM AZ.trip.[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][URL=http://s210.photobucket.com/user/gils91/media/203_zps8522ef16.jpg.html][IMG]

Last edited by Bogtrotter; 08/25/13.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mudhen

I'm pretty sure this was the most she had ever shot a handgun, and certainly the greatest variety.

Ed spent a great deal of time with her and the results speak for themselves. I mentioned to her later that had she had to pay for that kind of instruction it would have cost her a small fortune.

Thanks Ed, it doesn't get any better than that.

David

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Open steel shoot outcomes on the PM thread.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Wish I had been there......

Tom,

I'm sorry you weren't able to make it this time and hopefully circumstances will allow you to come next year. I will plan on being there again if at all possible and maybe see you then.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,388 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,204
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.