Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Savuti Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
My son turned 21 over the summer and decided to get his ccw here in FL.
Unbeknowst to me, the state has opened 8 regional offices that accept applicatiions to facilitate the process.

Step 1. call for an appointment
2. show up with check and proof of training
3. fill out application on their computer, they take photo and fingerprints electronically

Done.

He went to the nearest office last Monday 9/9. His ccw arrived in Saturday's mail 9/14. Wow!

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
That's like the express lane......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Savuti
Unbeknowst to me, the state has opened 8 regional offices that accept applicatiions to facilitate the process.

3. fill out application on their computer, they take photo and fingerprints electronically

Done.

He went to the nearest office last Monday 9/9. His ccw arrived in Saturday's mail 9/13. Wow!

That is impressive, isn't it. I'm glad to be a Floridian, too.

My folks are moving down here from New York in a couple of months. My mom has had a New York State concealed carry license for many years, and her first request from me was to figure out for her what she needs in order to get her Florida concealed carry license. I don't believe she will need to take the course, since proof of an out of state concealed carry license was all the proof I needed when I got my Florida concealed carry license about ten years ago. I had had my New York CC license since 1980. I just had to show them a photocopy, and the Florida training requirement was thereby satisfied.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Done.

He went to the nearest office last Monday 9/9. His ccw arrived in Saturday's mail 9/14. Wow!

Now you're cooking with gas. That's how it ought to be.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
KInda like they do it in New York

Living in the Land of Sunshine & No Basements
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian"
Semper Fi The Old Corps Era of the M-1 Garand�
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
"show up with Check and Proof of Training"

Proof of Training.... Oh please...

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
I realize that, to most, that seems easy but damn that's a lot of steps.

I much prefer:
Step 1: drop off application printed at home/picked up.
Step 2: call in about a week and pick up.

No steps would be better, though.........

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

No one should have to get a concelled carry permit, all states should be constitutional carry states (no permit required). All we should be, is to legally own the weapon.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jwp475

No one should have to get a concelled carry permit, all states should be constitutional carry states (no permit required). All we should be, is to legally own the weapon.

I have to agree with this even though I have a concealed carry permit.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, y�all are welcome here! We have carry without a permit. The only thing that makes it something other than �Constitutional carry� is the fact that you have to meet all the requirements for getting a permit other than the training requirement. Because one of those requirements is being a resident of the state for six months, it won�t apply to the non-resident passing through on the way to Yellowstone.

If you want a permit, and meet the criteria, the training requirement can be met by showing, among other things, �experience with a firearm through participation in an organized handgun shooting competition or military service.� So, it doesn�t require a big outlay of money or time to take a course. (The 6th month residency requirement is waived if you have a current permit from a state entitled to Wyoming reciprocity.)

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

There are currently 5 states if memory serves. This is 45 too few IMHO

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Surpisingly, in Wi, you just have to have passed a hunter safety course, which has been a requirement since 1-1-73 anyway.

You do have to apply though, and wait for it to be mailed back. It took about 6 weeks in the initial onslaught of CCW apps, but I assume they're much quicker now.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Sako

Yeah...here all you do is walk into a Sheriff's office with $20...they take a little info and a picture and print your license out on the spot. Maybe 15 minutes total. In a year, you mail a check to them for $20 and they mail you your new license. Every couple of years you jut go in and update your photo and there is nothing to it.

Agreed...Alabama is an open carry state with no license required...but I don't personally want the attention that can attract.

S
Savuti Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
A free hunter safety course is adequate to meet the training requirement here in FL.

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When I first got mine, it was taking a good three months.

Sam......

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
Originally Posted by Sako

Yeah...here all you do is walk into a Sheriff's office with $20...they take a little info and a picture and print your license out on the spot. Maybe 15 minutes total. In a year, you mail a check to them for $20 and they mail you your new license. Every couple of years you jut go in and update your photo and there is nothing to it.

Agreed...Alabama is an open carry state with no license required...but I don't personally want the attention that can attract.

I am not referring to open carry. Concelled Cary should not require a permit as long as one can leagaly own the weapon.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

+1 And if you're not incarcerated at the moment, you have a right to carry any way you choose.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
A free hunter safety course is adequate to meet the training requirement here in FL.
Still have my old hunter safety certification card from New York. It's laminated.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

+1 And if you're not incarcerated at the moment, you have a right to carry any way you choose.

I maybe could agree with that sentiment if they would execute those felons whom need executed and keep the rest of them locked up for life.

There's a lot of ex-cons on the street right now, who very well should be prohibited from owning or carrying firearms for life.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My son just took a job in Miami to 'clean up' a poorly run office for Blackstone Investments co. there. I am going to send him a link to this thread. He could not get a carry permit in Sacramento Calif. where he was from.

I hope that he AND his wife will both get permits and start to carry regularly.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (1234, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 17Hunter, 163bc, 74 invisible), 2,048 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,829
Posts18,496,613
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.