-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was going to Philly I think I would have to go to the Reading Market.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I'll take Golden Corral over Cracker Barrell any ol day.

I'll take a bullet before I'm making that choice.

Stopped at Golden Corral for sports games a few times; along with a full team of hungry teenagers that needed feed. Pretty terrible chow.

But no schit, every time I've been there, at least 4 400+pounders were in there, gleefully gorging themselves, plates overflowing with gravy covered crap.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Waffle House is a pretty sweet 3 A.M. after the bar breakfast location.

Ya, sorta like an improbably stereotypic Redneck reality show, 'cept its all LIVE grin

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I'll take Golden Corral over Cracker Barrell any ol day.

I'll take a bullet before I'm making that choice.

Stopped at Golden Corral for sports games a few times; along with a full team of hungry teenagers that needed feed. Pretty terrible chow.

But no schit, every time I've been there, at least 4 400+pounders were in there, gleefully gorging themselves, plates overflowing with gravy covered crap.

Yep. If you wanna see people over 400 lbs, just go to Golden Corral.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Steelhead, it could be worse, they could want to go to Golden Corral. Simply the worst... Stick to the breakfast foods at the CB and you'll be okay. Enough grease for a month, but okay.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Longbob
Ihop for me normally, but Waffle House when I am slumming.

I love the WH late night.

I saw a guy get stabbed with a fork once.

Another time a few of us walked in and nobody was there but the waitress who ignored us. Every table was wrecked, big ol mess. We go to the far side and sit a a less filthy table and the cook sticks his out if the office and whispers "we're closed". The fella looked a little busted up.

The waitress cleaned out the register and left laugh I'm pretty sure she just lost it, whooped the cooks azz and boogied.

We ended up at a Huddle House that night. Pale imitation of the WH.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
At least I can kill time playing the peg game with the 3 year old niece.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Ya, sorta like an improbably stereotypic Redneck reality show, 'cept its all LIVE grin

Birdwatcher

Good place for "people watching". Wal-Mart at similar times can be really bizarre, also. The real weirdos seem to come out at night.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If I was going to Philly I think I would have to go to the Reading Market.

Never ate at the City Tavern, just a few blocks south of Independence Hall but I can testify that the Colonial beers they serve there are absolutely wonderful cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good place for "people watching". Wal-Mart at similar times can be really bizarre, also.

'Cept everyone at Walmart ain't (check all that apply)....

Drunk....

Broken hearted....

Jealous.......

REALLY in love.....

REALLY in heat......

Depressed.....

Angry.....

Drunk....

REALLY angry at the party sitting at the table on the OTHER side of you.... grin

Birdwatcher

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never had a large order of pintos and large order of turnip greens from Cracker Barrel that wasn't good... Add a extra sweet relish with cornbread muffins. I can eat that anywhere and be golden.
However, I'm with you Scott 1,000 miles is a long way to go for beans and greens!
The last time I was in Philly I pretty much stayed at the Field House sports bar about a block away from Reading Terminal Market which has some wonderful food. My wife was at a international technology conference.
My liver was proud the conference only lasted three days, food there was good too!

Last edited by TN deer hunter; 10/05/13.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Good place for "people watching". Wal-Mart at similar times can be really bizarre, also.

'Cept everyone at Walmart ain't (check all that apply)....

Drunk....

Broken hearted....

Jealous.......

REALLY in love.....

REALLY in heat......

Depressed.....

Angry.....

Drunk....

REALLY angry at the party sitting at the table on the OTHER side of you.... grin

Birdwatcher

Ha!

Don't forget the location of the grill. Right out in front where everyone can watch the greasy, hairy, pimple-backed, one-toothed, methed out cook sweat onto your bacon.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
CB = Dennies for white trash

No man, you are confusing it with the "Creepy Ass Cracker Barrel" chain in Florida.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
What happened to the days when you travelled to see family or close friends, and they cooked a meal fit for a King for you ? Even those on the tightest of budgets would bring out the best they had, food and finery, and you were always made to feel welcome.

No matter where you visit me, north or south, I do my best to put on a good home cooked meal, and make you welcome. As my Grandmother used to say "If you leave here, hungry, thirsty, tired or unhappy, there's something wrong with you because we aim to please you, kith or kin".

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I hear you Lynn. Every time people visit here I'm a cooking machine.

Her sister doesn't cook, dad doesn't cook and grandma sure as hell don't cook.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Don't forget the location of the grill. Right out in front where everyone can watch the greasy, hairy, pimple-backed, one-toothed, methed out cook sweat onto your bacon.

Like I said, no other establishment even comes close grin

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I've been in the Field House a few times. I've logged about 100 nights at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street from it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[quote=prairie_goat]

Yep. If you wanna see people over 400 lbs, just go to Golden Corral.

If you want to see people turning toxic green and gruesome gray while chowing down, Golden Corral is your must go to dining experience ! sick

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I put my foot down at the beginning of our mission trip to Alaska. First two days everyone wanted breakfast from McDonalds. I told them I didn't fly 5,000 miles to eat crap. Had to do the same thing on the last day when the group wanted Golden Corral. We ended up at Sewards Folly. Pretty good food

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I hear you Lynn. Every time people visit here I'm a cooking machine.

Her sister doesn't cook, dad doesn't cook and grandma sure as hell don't cook.

A woman that doesn't cook, it just doesn't compute in my world, I started my daughters early. To me it's a shame, nothing makes me as happy as cooking for others and seeing them appreciate it. To me it comes down to plain laziness, I truly believe it is the biggest part of the problem.

A woman that has two and three hours a day to primp and powder, sit on her butt in front the TV till she starts to gather dust, and bitch, fart, and complain on the phone all day, and has no know how or time to cook a meal, deserves to have her ass kicked daily.

God pity the men who have them and think they hit the jackpot crazy

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (260madman, 25aught6, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1234, 260Remguy, 62 invisible), 2,467 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,945
Posts18,519,152
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.