Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I'll take Golden Corral over Cracker Barrell any ol day.

I'll take a bullet before I'm making that choice.

Stopped at Golden Corral for sports games a few times; along with a full team of hungry teenagers that needed feed. Pretty terrible chow.

Our wrestling team would stop at Golden Corral in Nags Head often. Bunch of starving guys. Belt buster, $4.99 with all the salad you could eat.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
[quote=prairie_goat]

Yep. If you wanna see people over 400 lbs, just go to Golden Corral.

If you want to see people turning toxic green and gruesome gray while chowing down, Golden Corral is your must go to dining experience ! sick

I used to take my Grandmother to Golden Coral once a week. That was her favorite place.
She's been gone 10 years now. Haven't set foot in once since. I don't do KFC or MCD, either. If I'm forced to eat on the road, I always look for Chili's or if I'm slumming, Whataburger cool

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by shreck
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I'll take Golden Corral over Cracker Barrell any ol day.

I'll take a bullet before I'm making that choice.

Stopped at Golden Corral for sports games a few times; along with a full team of hungry teenagers that needed feed. Pretty terrible chow.

Our wrestling team would stop at Golden Corral in Nags Head often. Bunch of starving guys. Belt buster, $4.99 with all the salad you could eat.

It's pretty amazing to see how much food a team of 16 year old boys can put away. Remember to keep all your fingers and toes away from their mouths, they may be ingested along with the food!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
If I'm forced to eat on the road, I always look for Chili's or if I'm slumming, Whataburger cool

Never been to a Whataburger, thought about it, but somehow just never got up the nerve. I really prefer a burger made at home, or one from Mom and Pop type restaurant, although those are far a few between nowadays.

If I go to Chili's, I eat their Chicken Enchilada Soup, and their Cajun Pasta, neither tastes like home, but they will do in a pinch !

Good restaurant food is hard to find these days, and when you find the place it is usually crowded all the time, or in someplace not exactly next door. Mind you, I have been known to be stubborn and wait longer than most for something good that I want, and I am also the kind of person that doesn't mind a long ride if it brings a special smile to my face or the people that are with me smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm divorced by the way...

Travis

Should I be happy or sad for you that it didn't last six months?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
And upon our arrival, I am taking her family out to supper. The phone call just came in, it appears the vote was tallied and the decision is CRACKER BARREL for supper.

Words escape me

Aw schit, Steely. That sux majorly. I think I'd arrive there with a bad case of the screen door schits (supposedly, or some other malady for an excuse), and after the rest of the crew have left, then go eat at some place decent.

Bring enough gun and know how to use it.

Know that it is not the knowing, nor the talking, nor the reading man, but the doing man, that at last will be found the happiest man. - Thomas Brooks (1608-1680)
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
At least I can kill time playing the peg game with the 3 year old niece.

Always take superglue to cracker barrel. Glue a few pegs in on the games on every table around you. It very well may be years before anyone jumps enough pegs to figure some are not coming out, but it is sill fun.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Golden Corral is on a case by case basis. The one in my home town is actually very good for the most part. That may be why it is one of the most successful GCs in the nation. But then again I do not know of another GC I would eat at.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The real Greek gyro joints on Young Street are worth a stop.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Skeezix
And upon our arrival, I am taking her family out to supper. The phone call just came in, it appears the vote was tallied and the decision is CRACKER BARREL for supper.

Words escape me

Aw schit, Steely. That sux majorly. I think I'd arrive there with a bad case of the screen door schits (supposedly, or some other malady for an excuse), and after the rest of the crew have left, then go eat at some place decent.

There's a good chance you'll leave with the schits....the one and only time I've eaten at a Cracker Barrel I got some sort of food poisoning, and spent a day alternately schitting and throwing up.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
The real Greek gyro joints on Young Street are worth a stop.

There ya go!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
To really appreciate WAFFLE HOUSE ya gotta roll in off of the innerstate after the bars and clubs close on your way to somewhere distant about 2 maybe 3am Sunday morning.

Waffle Houses are like Greyhound bus stations. I'd rather buy a Clif bar and an iced tea at a gas station and keep driving.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

Words escape me

Prayers sent.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Words escape me

Truly a sad state of affairs. Fake a heart attack and have the amberlamps drop you off at Pat's or Geno's.
http://patskingofsteaks.com/
http://store.genossteaks.com/

BIL works at a large law firm downtown if the chitt hits the fan.

Denny.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
If I'm forced to eat on the road, I always look for Chili's or if I'm slumming, Whataburger cool

Never been to a Whataburger, thought about it, but somehow just never got up the nerve. I really prefer a burger made at home, or one from Mom and Pop type restaurant, although those are far a few between nowadays.

If I go to Chili's, I eat their Chicken Enchilada Soup, and their Cajun Pasta, neither tastes like home, but they will do in a pinch !

Good restaurant food is hard to find these days, and when you find the place it is usually crowded all the time, or in someplace not exactly next door. Mind you, I have been known to be stubborn and wait longer than most for something good that I want, and I am also the kind of person that doesn't mind a long ride if it brings a special smile to my face or the people that are with me smile
If you did a thread on favorite hamburger chain hamburger joints, Whattaburger would be number one in Texas and Oklahoma. I've eaten at them quite a bit and have come to prefer Popeye's which isn't a hamburger chain but is a chain. Whattaburger certainly isn't as good as a bunch of the joints around here but is better than most of the other chains.

We took my parents out to a local BBQ joint this evening. It was excellent. I haven't ate at Cracker Barrel since probably 2001.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huh, I kinda like cracker barrel...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Huh, I kinda like cracker barrel...

i dont mind it, its cheap if nothing else and aint horrible.....but i do get Steelheads point.....if i drove 1000 miles to Philly i wouldnt be eating there ild be getting a cheese steak, hell prolly several trying to find a personal favorite grin

Last edited by rattler; 10/06/13.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, not a chance.

Philly has some great eats.

I'm a home cooker for my guest, but if somebody wanted to go out, I'd want to show off the town, not take them to a chain.

Here it would probably be one of our BBQ joints.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if i really dont know an area and want to eat fast i usually eat at a chain of some sort i like cause i know ill atleast be ok with what i get and not have to either try and choke down a bad meal or spend the time and money to go and try a second place.....but if we arent in a hurry the wife and i like finding small places to try out, especially if we know someone from the area and can get solid recommendations.....especially if we can find an Irish pub that also has actual meal type food(versus quick fried bar food)....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd probably start with this list of Philly joints from "The United States of Bacon" show.

http://www.tvfoodmaps.com/s4/US-Bacon/PA/Philadelphia

I love bacon

Turdlike, by default.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 25aught6, 12344mag, 007FJ, 61 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,941
Posts18,519,070
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.