Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I love me some Waffle House but wouldn't stop at a Cracker Barrel to take a [bleep].

Well, when on the road and needing a clean bathroom to take a dump I've been known to find the nearest Cracker Barrel on multiple occasions.

Their chicken fried steak aint that bad and the Sunday fried chicken special is OK too.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I love me some Waffle House but wouldn't stop at a Cracker Barrel to take a [bleep].

Well, when on the road and needing a clean bathroom to take a dump I've been known to find the nearest Cracker Barrel on multiple occasions.

Their chicken fried steak aint that bad and the Sunday fried chicken special is OK too.

they arent anything special at all as far as im concerned but ive spent a hell of alot of money for barely edible meals before aswell.....least i know at Cracker Barrel ill be able to eat it and it aint gonna cost me enough to matter.....

course that said we have one down in Billings where i get to fairly often and never go to it.....cause usually if i want cheap and fast food i eat at Cafe' Rio which is also a chain but i do love their sweet pulled pork burritos crazy

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think anybody's going to confuse it for gourmet food, but it's not bad food. I'd rate it as a step above fast food (wendys, arbys, etc.) and on the same level as applebees, chilis, etc. It's not a place I would travel to for the food but it's not bad when it's convenient.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've long had an aversion to Crackerbarrel. Chik Fil A is another I can't stand. The wife LOVES it so we go when back east.

Oh well, that's what make the world go 'round.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I love me some Chik Fil A. Do you like any other fast food chicken?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scott is borderline "unteachable".

He completely under appreciated the vienna sausage and crackers I fed him.

Once you acquire a taste for them, you are never at the mercy of another person's choice in eating places. Just order a glass of tea, whip out the ol' vyeenees and crackers and ask the waitress if it's OK to use one of their forks to dig out the first vyeenee.

The other members of your party are free to order from the menu and everybody's happy.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Once you acquire a taste for them, you are never at the mercy of another person's choice in eating places...

Under them circumstances, where I was pulling out my Viennese and crackers like some crazy old coot, I'd slam a roll of TP on the table too and announce my complete emancipation grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I ate the menudo cur had.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, bring the Viennese, crackers and TP along with ya. Hey, its never too late to make a bad impression grin

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Steelhead
The family are all Obama supporters, those must be the ones packing the chain restaurants. This will be my 4th or 5th trip there and I've yet to have a home cooked meal.

Weird

Not a surprise for Philadelphia. In some precincts, Obama got 100% of the vote.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by doubletap

Not a surprise for Philadelphia. In some precincts, Obama got 100% of the vote.

Hell,,, that's nothing. In Chicago he got 110% of the vote.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
McDonalds drive through works for me.

Rare instance we go to Miles City it's Arby's or Wendy's.

Sometimes I will grab a to go pizza from the gas station.

Food snobs would starve around here.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I live just outside of Philadelphia (about 15 minutes) in Delaware County, PA. This used to be the Republican stronghold of southeast PA but after Bush II it has turned the other way. Sometimes it seems that the wife and I are the only good guys in town.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scott if you get a chance next time your in Philly, El Vez is a block or two from the courthouse, kinda toward Locust street. You can make a meal out of the guacamole. They make it at your table, best I have ever eaten. The sangria is pretty good too. I used to go there every afternoon when I was trying cases in Philly. As much time as I have spent in New Mexico and Texas and Mexico I am surprised that my favorite mex restaurant is in PA.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I've walked by that place. Spent many a time in the various Irish pubs in center city. A few good Italian places in south Philly too.

None of this is about being a food snob, I'll eat most anything, but if I'm going to be around a big city (I'm in the sticks now), the last thing I want is to eat at a pseudo country cooking place. The only restaurants around here a country cooking.

Hell, I ate at an I-Hop with the FIL in New Orleans. Are you kidding me, eating at an I-Hop in New Orleans.

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
It the end, it's all good humor. As I said before, if they are happy then I am happy. Hell, at least the bill will not be much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The food police should set up at any I hop in New Orleans and execute offenders smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll admit to eating at Waffle House, Subway, and Whataburger when traveling in Texas.

I like the first two because I can watch my food being fixed.

And Whataburgers in Texas [their birthstate] seem to have employees who are waaaaay beyond any of their competitors.

Some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten comes from restaraunts that do not bill themselves as "Mexican".

"George's" in Post, and another "family style" one on the East edge of Floydada come to mind.

And...... I ain't talking Tex-Mex.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Texas Roadhouse.

Killer ribs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife and I always try to find a restaurant that has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives or Man Vs Food when we are traveling.

The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch.
- Michael Friedman

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,449 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,939
Posts18,519,044
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.