Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I hear you Lynn. Every time people visit here I'm a cooking machine.

Her sister doesn't cook, dad doesn't cook and grandma sure as hell don't cook.

A woman that doesn't cook, it just doesn't compute in my world, I started my daughters early. To me it's a shame, nothing makes me as happy as cooking for others and seeing them appreciate it. To me it comes down to plain laziness, I truly believe it is the biggest part of the problem.

A woman that has two and three hours a day to primp and powder, sit on her butt in front the TV till she starts to gather dust, and bitch, fart, and complain on the phone all day, and has no know how or time to cook a meal, deserves to have her ass kicked daily.

God pity the men who have them and think they hit the jackpot crazy

I hit the jackpot, When I was first married the wife couldn't even cook an egg, my mother took her in under her wing and taught her how to cook so now that my mother is gone I still have her cooking........Life is good!

BTW.........I've never heard my wife fart. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Taj Mahal of puke palaces...Shoney's. You have to spray WD-40 on the soles of your shoes when you go the the local Shoney's to keep from sticking to the floor at the food bar and cash register. I mentioned to them more than once that their floors were sticky. Made no difference.

Chris and I would go there for lunch when he came to the shop because Chris loves to eat and they have a buffet. Every old fat ass in the country would come there to pig out. Even Chris had enough when he had to scrape old food off the silverware. Obama's 'son' (if he had one) owns it so that may explain some of it. I will admit they have good fried chicken.

Chris would eat a plate of salad then go get a plate of chicken and veggies and for dessert he'd get 3-4 fried chicken wings. He wonders why he weighs 300 pounds. smile

We have a Cracker Barrel and it's OK except for lousy service. I eat to live, not live to eat and am not a connie sewer of fine dining. Sonic drive ins are one of the better ones.

Last edited by MColeman; 10/06/13.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Once you get there inform them that Cracker Barrel is out and find the nearest Hooters. At least Dad will be happy.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson, 1776
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
McDonalds drive through works for me.

Rare instance we go to Miles City it's Arby's or Wendy's.

Sometimes I will grab a to go pizza from the gas station.

Food snobs would starve around here.

I'm with Sammo, I'll eat anything that don't bite back and might even chew on it a bit if I'm hongry! grin

only eaten at a Cracker Barrel once, near the airport in KC MO, had to eat something before the long flight back to here.

twasn't great, but it tweren't bad neither.

hell when I'm hungry two regular hamburgers, small fries and unsweetened ice tea at McD's works for me. blush

but if I really want to eat well, I stay at home or better yet take momma to the cabin for a little Dutch oven artistry.

it's a good thing she works or I'd weigh 900 lbs.!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Here's an easy tip to apply. Phone the city restaurant inspector and ask for any infractions for that restaurant. Something will undoubtedly show up, and you can tell the relatives about the unsanitary conditions there.

I'm sure you can find something more to your liking. Hell, if you're paying, YOU are the one who picks the restaurant.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Been to Cracker Barrel exactly once when they first hit Utah. Ordered breakfast with bacon, eggs, potatoes, and toast. Waitress came back twice...first to tell us they were out of potatoes, second to tell us they were out of wheat bread. Never went back.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
McDonalds drive through works for me.

Rare instance we go to Miles City it's Arby's or Wendy's.

Sometimes I will grab a to go pizza from the gas station.

Food snobs would starve around here.

dont consider myself a snob but i just cant eat a McDonalds burger.....i cant taste anything but salt with them....love Arby's though......eat a hell of alot of double cheese burgers from the Cafe....to the point they recognize my voice when i call in the order crazy grin

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Unless someone is in a big hurry or doesn't wanna drive around much, a guy only has to spend 2 minutes on Urbanspoon or a similar website to find some really good restaurants in any reasonable sized town.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Scott is borderline "unteachable".

He completely under appreciated the vienna sausage and crackers I fed him.

Once you acquire a taste for them, you are never at the mercy of another person's choice in eating places. Just order a glass of tea, whip out the ol' vyeenees and crackers and ask the waitress if it's OK to use one of their forks to dig out the first vyeenee.

The other members of your party are free to order from the menu and everybody's happy.

Should have gone with chicken livers and gizzards from the truck stop deli. smile

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Unless someone is in a big hurry or doesn't wanna drive around much, a guy only has to spend 2 minutes on Urbanspoon or a similar website to find some really good restaurants in any reasonable sized town.

TripAdvisor is your friend! LINK
I have the App on my Android smartphone and use it all the time. I look for Mom & Pop, hole-in-the-wall restaurants. I haven't been burned yet.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Used the link to check Shreveport. 354 listings. Can't believe Griffs is even listed. On the other side, Strawns Eat shop Strawberry or Butterscotch pies are to kill for.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Used the link to check Shreveport. 354 listings. Can't believe Griffs is even listed. On the other side, Strawns Eat shop Strawberry or Butterscotch pies are to kill for.

So, are we meeting at Strawns for lunch? grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Texas Roadhouse.

Killer ribs.

Bristoe, Them ain't REAL TX ribs. It's a sin to eat those here in TX!

If you ever make it down to Texas, Salt Lick in Austin or Cooper's BBQ in Llano has ribs to die for!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I'll admit to eating at Waffle House, Subway, and Whataburger when traveling in Texas.

I like the first two because I can watch my food being fixed.

And Whataburgers in Texas [their birthstate] seem to have employees who are waaaaay beyond any of their competitors.

Some of the best Mexican food I've ever eaten comes from restaraunts that do not bill themselves as "Mexican".

"George's" in Post, and another "family style" one on the East edge of Floydada come to mind.

And...... I ain't talking Tex-Mex.

I have to admit I eat way too many Whataburger's. But like Curdog says, their Employes are Rocket Scientist's compared to the idiots that work at Micky D's. That ShiiTT is nasty!
If your in Lampasses, TX or Burnett, TX Storm's has really good burgers. Get A Triple Cheese Burger. Also Dan's & Fran's in Austin make killer grilled burgers!

For home style cooking & great homemade pies, everybody should try the Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls, TX. Definately the best Chicken Fried Steaks in TX.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/06/13.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Definately the best Chicken Fried Steaks

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Any time. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

[Linked Image]

With lots of Gravy, of course.......

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

[Linked Image]

With lots of Gravy, of course.......

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
white gravy or brown gravy?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
laugh

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lessdog, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,930
Posts18,518,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.