-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Well.. Boehner is sticking pretty much to the plan, and The Dems are circling the wagons and sticking together and wanting their "CLEAN" CR Bill before they will even considering sitting down and talking.. This "Clean CR" means completely caving-in before they will even talk.!!!!!
Now the piecemeal approach to funding the government but just leaving Obamacare out is met with LAWYERS in the Pentagon and Whitehouse Lawyers denying death benefits and transportation for families to claim the bodies of their children killed in battle..!!!!! If there was ever a chance or even a glimmer of hope for me thinking there is redemption for any Democrat or Muslim in the Whitehouse or Congress.... THAT DAY IS GONE FOREVER. There is not ONE shred of decency among them.
At least the GOP bunch tried to fund what they thought was the right thing to keep those parts in effect for our soldiers. Our fallen brothers are "sacred ground" and non-negotiable for anything political. I realize the president has made it his personal vendetta to "make this shutdown as painful as possible" so people will feel it, and makes no bones about this stand (openly admitting it), but THIS IS PAIN THAT THIS NON-COMBATANT CAMPAIGNER-IN-CHIEF NEEDS TO HAVE COME HOME FOR HIM TO FEEL.! THIS IS WHY I FEEL LIKE MANY DO, THAT ANY PRESIDENT AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF OUR ARMED FORCES SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO BE A VETERAN FIRST, LEGALLY DISCHARGED, AND SWORN IN A SECOND TIME TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.....!

History is my teacher: VietNam was my lesson.!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I realize the president has made it his personal vendetta to "make this shutdown as painful as possible" so people will feel it, and makes no bones about this stand (openly admitting it), but THIS IS PAIN THAT THIS NON-COMBATANT CAMPAIGNER-IN-CHIEF NEEDS TO HAVE COME HOME FOR HIM TO FEEL.! THIS IS WHY I FEEL LIKE MANY DO, THAT ANY PRESIDENT AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF OUR ARMED FORCES SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO BE A VETERAN FIRST, LEGALLY DISCHARGED, AND SWORN IN A SECOND TIME TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.....!

Amen

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can only hope that a secret service agent has a accidental discharge of his duty weapon?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If there is one thing you can take away from the shutdown, is the fact 80% of the federal government is irrelevant to functioning of the country.

What good is border patrol when you refuse to make those here illegally leave?

Park service, fire 80% of them and you won't notice.

Same holds true for the Forest Service.

and the list goes on .. ATF, NSA, etc ...

Personally I think they quit borrowing and fix the debt problem today. the easiest way to get rid of waste is just not to fund it anymore.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nothing firearms related! Now "accidentally" falling down stairs as many times as it take to break his neck, slipping and falling while running with a pair of round nose scissors, a slip of a butter knife, bathing with a plugged in toaster, choking on a piece of BS while speaking, hit with an asteroid, trampled by a rouge elephant...

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A red elephant? I think you meant a rogue elephant brother.

NRA Life Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep. Bad finger, bad bad bad! blush

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll paint the elephant red, if it agrees to get the job done. whistle whistle

While I'll never advocate doing violence to anyone, I'd sure enjoy pizzing on a certain grave.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The current state of our Gov't is due to the lack of intelligence among voters.
The plain truth is that there are so many parasites now voting in big government, and less earning & paying that we are diving into an abyss. There will be no turnaround until it is forced by collapse. No society can survive by borrowing more than they can pay in order to live beyond their means.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
It hurts the veterans and citizens who want to visit to their National Parks but has no effect on the illegal aliens rallying on our property from which citizens are barred. What is wrong with this picture? Do libs (commies) not see the problem? Of course they do not. They have no shame.

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by eh76
I realize the president has made it his personal vendetta to "make this shutdown as painful as possible" so people will feel it, and makes no bones about this stand (openly admitting it), but THIS IS PAIN THAT THIS NON-COMBATANT CAMPAIGNER-IN-CHIEF NEEDS TO HAVE COME HOME FOR HIM TO FEEL.! THIS IS WHY I FEEL LIKE MANY DO, THAT ANY PRESIDENT AS COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF OUR ARMED FORCES SHOULD BE REQUIRED TO BE A VETERAN FIRST, LEGALLY DISCHARGED, AND SWORN IN A SECOND TIME TO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC.....!

Amen
Ditto +1,000

Originally Posted by Scott F
Nothing firearms related! Now "accidentally" falling down stairs as many times as it take to break his neck, slipping and falling while running with a pair of round nose scissors, a slip of a butter knife, bathing with a plugged in toaster, choking on a piece of BS while speaking, hit with an asteroid, trampled by a rouge elephant...
I keep hopin' the pilot of Air Force One will take one for the team...

Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
If there is one thing you can take away from the shutdown, is the fact 80% of the federal government is irrelevant to functioning of the country.

What good is border patrol when you refuse to make those here illegally leave?

Park service, fire 80% of them and you won't notice.

Same holds true for the Forest Service.

and the list goes on .. ATF, NSA, etc ...

Personally I think they quit borrowing and fix the debt problem today. the easiest way to get rid of waste is just not to fund it anymore.
You got it...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (1_deuce, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 54 invisible), 2,746 guests, and 1,404 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,753
Posts18,476,295
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.