Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Be interesting to see what is the fall-out of this debacle for the mid-terms. The goal is to pick fights you can win, not fights where you get your ass handed to you and piss off most of the electorate at the same time. Cruz may have screwed the chicken on this one. I see no silver lining in this dark cloud.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
How to react to a near L-shaped ambush:

1) Quickly form a skirmish line and assault directly TOWARDS the enemy, possibly getting shot to death, but dying a dignified death.

2) Die in place, scared [bleep]

3) Run, and die tired, and a coward.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
But there was no ambush. We picked a fight we had no chance of winning. What was the point---to prove how stupid we are?? Just askin'.

Last edited by RobJordan; 10/17/13.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Because at some point one must stand up so those too intimidated to stand on their own have a leader, a voice and they are emboldened to join in...it is called leadership and not many people truly have it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rob that is a very interesting question. On the one hand you have to believe the GOP will be hurt by these shennanigans. But how many times have we seen these types of gaffs kind of just slide away and be forgotten in a year or so? With jerrymandered congressional districts resembling Rorschach ink blots I just don't know how many seats can be expected to change hands. You may see some TP guys getting primaried by moderates with big money backing them though.

Personally, I think all that can be guaranteed at this point is that Ted Cruz will never be president. Ever. Aside from that I'm not sure.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
IC B2

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why yes, yes he did.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Because at some point one must stand up so those too intimidated to stand on their own have a leader, a voice and they are emboldened to join in...it is called leadership and not many people truly have it.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

I am free only because thousands of brave Americans have given their lives' for me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The next election is over a year away. No one will remember this shutdown by election day.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Be interesting to see what is the fall-out of this debacle for the mid-terms. The goal is to pick fights you can win, not fights where you get your ass handed to you and piss off most of the electorate at the same time. Cruz may have screwed the chicken on this one. I see no silver lining in this dark cloud.

Jordan
You're from California, thus your vote was negated long ago so the only question remaining is why do you care?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by walt501
The next election is over a year away. No one will remember this shutdown by election day.
No kidding. Most voters couldn't tell you what they had for breakfast nor the name of the governor of their state. Maybe if you asked them about Dancing with the Stars or some such.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
How could this hurt the House when it was all Bush's fault??

Thread, Bush's fault

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Maybe not. Does anyone think maybe it was an effort to get people to grow a set of balls?? I know there is no hope for the demtards, and the RINO'S. But do ya think there may still hope for non participating, and real Americans? confused whistle

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When the cost of O-care hits home. I believe Cruz will be proven right. He campaigned on repeal of this fiasco and kept his promise, to fight. How many of your Senator's keep their promises. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
When the cost of O-care hits home. I believe Cruz will be proven right. He campaigned on repeal of this fiasco and kept his promise, to fight. How many of your Senator's keep their promises. Hasbeen

Nicely said! For the intellectually challenged, please refer to the ENEMYS TOPIC. Clear as mud there. cry cry whistle whistle

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RobJordan

Jordan

I'd much rather have someone that will stand up and fight rather than just roll over and go with the majority.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Zero of my Senators, same thing for my President.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Two spot on quotes.

I am also a little tired of hearing that you must come to the middle to get elected....the majority of the country is in the middle and the Republican Party must move away from these right wing ideas to be more electable....blah, blah, blah.

My question to the "moderate, middle voters" is how has that been working out? Look what your moderate beliefs have gotten us is a ignorant bunch of Democrats and RINOs in office that have crushed this country. Your voting practices and their policies are what have gotten us to this position. Your majority beliefs have turned out to be naive and flat wrong.

Congratuphuckinglations.

It is time that a few very vocal leaders like Ted Cruz give it their best shot at getting this thing back upright.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the vast majority of the pissed off electorate are Dems & Libs that aren't going to vote conservative anyway.

Maybe a few independents & fence sitters.

Almost all other types of folks were in favor of shutting the .gov down & holding the line on the debt ceiling as well.

Lots of folks starting to see that those "non-essential" gov workers are not the least bit essential, at least not in the numbers that they are now.

I think lots of folks are beginning to see the depth of the hole we have now dug for ourselves.

MM

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Penguin
You may see some TP guys getting primaried by moderates with big money backing them though.

That's the kicker, who is business going to put their money behind in the next election?

The shutdown and threat of default was NOT good for business.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Good thing during the American Revolution there were those willing to stand at all costs against the most powerful military in the world at that time and notjust look at the situation and say," well they are better equipped and trained so we better forget this whole thing. You know this tea is getting pretty expensive with all these taxes..."

Last edited by Jcubed; 10/17/13.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 22magnut, 44 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,568
Posts18,510,712
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.