-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think Ted has hurt anything anywhere.

I am glad that I voted for him. What drives me nuts is McCain whom I also voted for. That guy is a piece of something. Of course I voted against Obama more than for McCain truth be told.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right now Cornyn is running campaign adds. He is running scared. He knows the people see him for what he is. If anyone will primary him he will be out of job. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Good thing during the American Revolution there were those willing to stand at all costs against the most powerful military in the world at that time and notjust look at the situation and say," well they are better equipped and trained so we better forget this whole thing."

Now come on!!!!!! You've done it now, your looking for both a spine and balls wrapped all in one hide!!!! Dream on!!!

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RobJordan
We picked a fight we had no chance of winning. What was the point---to prove how stupid we are?? Just askin'.

The 'We' isn't the GOP... the GOP couldn't win it's way out of a wet paper bag and lost it's direction in '08, then the Tea Party made strides in '10 but it's at least a three election cycle correction.

No one listened... not the GOP, or the attention deficient voter, definitely not the talking heads from conservative MSM... which lead to apathy for change in '12.

'We' see the 'few' in the GOP that are for a new cleaning and standing up, we are back to a three election cycle, the GOP will live or die on whether they follow the tea party. Living in the middle must be voted out or the status quo accepted.

They will live or die on the intelligence of voters... looks grim. Let it die if this the best they can offer.

Kent

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
But there was no ambush. We picked a fight we had no chance of winning. What was the point---to prove how stupid we are?? Just askin'.

Just because you are deaf and can't hear the supersonic cracks, doesn't mean you're not about to get shot in the face.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the Republicrats lose the House it's because of the Social Democrats and NOT Ted Cruz.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by walt501
The next election is over a year away. No one will remember this shutdown by election day.
No kidding. Most voters couldn't tell you what they had for breakfast nor the name of the governor of their state. Maybe if you asked them about Dancing with the Stars or some such.

Not so sure about it? We will have another furlough then another sequester so it has just been prolonged for the moment but nothing actually was solved other than to keep the tyrant in charge happy that he can "rule" for the moment again. I especially thought it was BS when 0 said he would immediately open "our" governemnt, like it was all his doing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
How to react to a near L-shaped ambush:

1) Quickly form a skirmish line and assault directly TOWARDS the enemy, possibly getting shot to death, but dying a dignified death.

2) Die in place, scared [bleep]

3) Run, and die tired, and a coward.

More like Picket's charge. Noble, unnecessary, and (likely) a disaster.

Carpe' Scrotum
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
So what happens in 3 months when the debt limit comes up again? Roll over and play dead? Resist?

NRA Life Member
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Be interesting to see what is the fall-out of this debacle for the mid-terms. The goal is to pick fights you can win, not fights where you get your ass handed to you and piss off most of the electorate at the same time. Cruz may have screwed the chicken on this one. I see no silver lining in this dark cloud.

Jordan

Except that the Democrats are now the party of "NO", and they have shown themselves to be petulant, vindictive, and mean. "I will not negotiate". Does that sound like a uniter? And the closing of national monuments and parks won't soon be forgotten. Other than that, what government shutdown?
It wasn't a big deal.

And the democrats now own Obamacare, all the pain it is going to cause, and every stumble and failure needs to pointed out.
This isn't over by a long shot.

Have an A1 Day!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the repub's were wetting there pants ...while pickets charge came up the hill....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by derby_dude
If the Republicrats lose the House it's because of the Social Democrats and NOT Ted Cruz.

OR OR OR maybe Bush!

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
When the cost of O-care hits home. I believe Cruz will be proven right. He campaigned on repeal of this fiasco and kept his promise, to fight. How many of your Senator's keep their promises. Hasbeen

Zero of my Senators, same thing for my President.
My President is Jefferson Davis. Obama can pound sand.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
But there was no ambush. We picked a fight we had no chance of winning. What was the point---to prove how stupid we are?? Just askin'.

Sam Houston backed down from Santa Anna - once.

Many saw the Washington Mall with heros run over by Pelosi and her crew. In '14 we'll see what voters do.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Be interesting to see what is the fall-out of this debacle for the mid-terms. The goal is to pick fights you can win, not fights where you get your ass handed to you and piss off most of the electorate at the same time. Cruz may have screwed the chicken on this one. I see no silver lining in this dark cloud.

Jordan

No I think you need to think of it in this sense. If the little bitch in the White House had an ounce of leadership he would have sat down and done what was good for America and his legacy. But what did he do? Stamped his feet and said I'm not going to negotiate. Yep the Fing little loser just set us up to go through this again shortly down the road and anyone with a brain knows that. The Problem is most deturds only think agenda not what is the reality of life. I wouldn't bet Ted handed them more than a bucket of [bleep]!

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 10/17/13.

NRA Lifetime Member
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ron,for the record he(Cruz) did not piss me off.

What happened is all of the others pissed me off,they let down the whole country.

This same dance will happen next year and i hope that more of them see how they screwed up.

I can hope on that last part can't I?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not every battle is a kill with the first shot. That doesn't mean you just sit on your hands and do nothing. No, they didn't kill the beast with the first shot, but perhaps they wounded it a bit and more imporantly maybe they gained enough of the electorates attention that it doesn't have to be business as usual forever and that it's too late. It'll take years to turn around the federal beauracratic beast. And a friendly reminder that its not the end of the world if the beast is made to heal for a couple of weeks was worth the effort.

Time will tell.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Jordan

You negotiate rationally with rational people...Pelosi, Reid, and Obama are not rational people. They are insane.

With people like that you negotiate like you are perfectly willing to "die" in the process.

You do not reason with these people....you beat them into submission.

This is what the Republican Party does not "get".

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
If they hadn't picked this fight, there would be several threads here bitching them out for not attempting to defund Obamacare or freeze the debt ceiling.

Think I'm kidding, just do a search here for 3 weeks ago.

Republican politicians can't win. 1/2 of their party thinks they should do exactly what Cruz did, the other 1/2 thinks they shouldn't have done anything and the media, where the other 68% of the country get's it's news, is blaming them for everything from chicken pox to chiggers.

If I was a Republican congressman, I'd probably say [bleep] it, this country deserves Obama.

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1lesfox, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 41 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 1,038 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,560
Posts18,510,616
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.