Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Right now Cornyn is running campaign adds. He is running scared. He knows the people see him for what he is. If anyone will primary him he will be out of job. Hasbeen

True. He's scared because of the phone calls he has been getting. Those calls said to grow some balls. He's trying to act like he's gotten the clue, before his next election is due and I expect there will be many more because a lot more folks are getting pissed.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
When the cost of O-care hits home. I believe Cruz will be proven right. He campaigned on repeal of this fiasco and kept his promise, to fight. How many of your Senator's keep their promises. Hasbeen

Unfortunately, mine have. Both of them promised to screw us over royally, and they've been doing their best.

NRA Endowment Member, Life since 1978
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, mainly based on the map of the next election.

Otto is my co-pilot.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Ron,for the record he(Cruz) did not piss me off.

What happened is all of the others pissed me off,they let down the whole country.

This same dance will happen next year and i hope that more of them see how they screwed up.

I can hope on that last part can't I?

Did Ted Cruz just hand Dems control of the house??? [Re: RobJordan] Maybe the dumbest question posed during this whole episode.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
How to react to a near L-shaped ambush:

This was not an ambush but a self inflicted wound. Now it is infected and turning into gangrene. Time to amputate the limb! The stench is overwhelming!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too funny!

Conservatives are winning the battle. People are leaving both parties in doves. Independents now make up 47% of the electorate.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats lost in this mash up. The conservative ideology was championed though and it's winning minds.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How can a "small minority in the house and Senate" accomplish this much disruption if they weren't getting HUGE support from the masses.

This so called epic win for the Democrats cost the President yet another point in his approval ratings.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Too funny!

Conservatives are winning the battle. People are leaving both parties in doves. Independents now make up 47% of the electorate.

Both the Republicans and the Democrats lost in this mash up. The conservative ideology was championed though and it's winning minds.

Minds that aren't handling the left handed cigarette!!! crazy laugh whistle

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Conservatives are winning the battle.

You really believe this? Do you live in a cave? When you are standing in a pile of crap you can pretend that it's a flower garden but the bottom line is you still stink! Keep repeating that this was a victory and if you say it loud enough and long enough it will come true!

Geeee...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
How can a "small minority in the house and Senate" accomplish this much disruption if they weren't getting HUGE support from the masses.

This so called epic win for the Democrats cost the President yet another point in his approval ratings.

For sure. A Dimocrap woman called in to Hannity radio and said she is a Tea Party member and knows of many other Dimocrats joining the Tea.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/17/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by eyeball

For sure. A Dimocrap woman called in to Hannity radio and said she is a Tea Party member and knows of many other Dimocrats joining the Tea.

That there is the extent of your knowledge on current events.grin

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Repeat anything you hear on FOX and you are home free!

Fair and Balanced!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take a look at "Trending Now" on Yahoo:

1 Teacher Lauren Patterson
2 Chloe Grace Moretz
3 Soleil Moon Frye
4 Saber-toothed whale
5 Epinephrine
6 Pat Summitt
7 Gloria de Piero
8 Oregon Ducks
9 50 Shades
10 Yeti bear

This thing is already passed and opening - assuming it was ever on the average American voter's radar in the first place, which I doubt.

Last edited by rlott; 10/17/13.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dullards like you ain t ever gonna get it. I don t expect you to get it. I don t care if you ever get it.
Ted will bear the brunt of the blame by the government run media because they fear his leadership ability. He took on a Herculean task of trying to knock some sense into the senseless. Dipschmidts like you will remain dipschmidts, but those of us that work with otherwise life long dems are seeing the light come on about the massive destructive power grab that is obamacare.
As the obama brownshirts showed their true colors barricading public places, as had never been done in any of the other numerous shutdowns, many lights went on in the heads of those union type people. Not all mind you, but don t forget that the leadership of the AFL/CIO was howling mad about the destructive nature of obamacare just as the shutdown started.
Ted did about as much as he could have considering he had no podium in the msm to state the facts and the fact that those in charge of his own party are criminal Dem operatives.
Kudos to my Sen Johnson for standing on the principals he campaigned on

1/504 PIR
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Conservatives are winning the battle.

You really believe this? Do you live in a cave? When you are standing in a pile of crap you can pretend that it's a flower garden but the bottom line is you still stink! Keep repeating that this was a victory and if you say it loud enough and long enough it will come true!

Geeee...

step out into the real world and learn a thing or two.

ask anyone, liberal or conservative, "is the government too big or too small?" Almost everyone will say it's too big.

It's as simple as that...

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Repeat anything you hear on FOX and you are home free!

Fair and Balanced!

Nice to hear form you NWA. Did they install free wi-fi down at the Two Potato?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Be interesting to see what is the fall-out of this debacle for the mid-terms. The goal is to pick fights you can win, not fights where you get your ass handed to you and piss off most of the electorate at the same time. Cruz may have screwed the chicken on this one. I see no silver lining in this dark cloud.

Jordan

frpom MSNBC:

Cruz discovers the fringe benefits of failure
10/17/13 10:45 AM

By Steve Benen

The recent political turmoil in Washington was multifaceted and involved quite a few personalities, motivations, and working parts. No one person was ultimately responsible for the entire nightmare.

But if we were to focus in on one main culprit, it�s safe to say Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) would lead the list of suspects. He spent the August recess demanding his party follow his shutdown plan; he offered leadership to House Republicans; the right-wing senator even made himself the public face of this fiasco with a 21-hour speech that served no legislative purpose, but made it easy for Ted Cruz to celebrate his fondness for Ted Cruz.

The freshman Republican became so notorious that when he campaigned for Ken Cuccinelli in Virginia a couple of weeks ago, the gubernatorial hopeful didn�t want any photographs taken of the two of them together.

But let�s not miss the forest for the trees. Cruz led his party into a ditch and drew the ire of Republicans who blame him for his misguided crusade, but the far-right Texan appears to still be in the midst of a long con.

If you were curious, talking on television for 21 straight hours is very lucrative. Over the last quarter, Ted Cruz�s still-young political action committee pulled in $797,000 during the period that included his extended C-SPAN advertorial. It�s nearly twice what Cruz pulled in the quarter prior. [�]

His October report, which covers July 1 to September 30, notes that his PAC has $378,000 on-hand after the nearly $800,000 haul, money that will be used to support conservative candidates and issues close to Cruz�s heart.

Cruz isn�t making many friends among his Senate colleagues; he has no prospects for actually passing bills; and he�s cultivated a public reputation as a dangerous extremist. This may seem like a poor combination, but the senator clearly doesn�t see it that way.

While pushing his party over a cliff, Cruz has also positioned himself as a guy capable of winning straw polls, quickly raising a lot of money, and collecting a massive new database of conservative donors and activists � which may come in handy if a certain someone intends to launch a bid for national office in a couple of years.

Cruz�s party shut down the government and caused a debt-ceiling crisis for reasons that still don�t make any sense, leading to a surrender in which Republicans gained nothing. In fact, it was worse than nothing � the GOP has seen its support collapse, ending up with a deal that could have been better for the party had it been less ridiculous weeks ago.

But from Cruz�s perspective, these developments, while unfortunate, are a small price to pay for advancing his personal ambitions.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by rlott
Take a look at "Trending Now" on Yahoo:

1 Teacher Lauren Patterson
2 Chloe Grace Moretz
3 Soleil Moon Frye
4 Saber-toothed whale
5 Epinephrine
6 Pat Summitt
7 Gloria de Piero
8 Oregon Ducks
9 50 Shades
10 Yeti bear

This thing is already passed and opening - assuming it was ever on the average American voter's radar in the first place, which I doubt.

So...You are placing the Ted Cruz melt down and its importance to the Yetti Bear? Sad

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Doesn't NBC stand for "Nothing But Crap"?

You say I'm stupid, yet you support those who say your southern border is more secure than ever before and put up warning signs against getting near the border?

You want to be able to have a gun but support those who would take them away?

I know, makes perfect sense to you.

Last edited by eyeball; 10/17/13.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by stripe55
Dullards like you ain t ever gonna get it. I don t expect you to get it. I don t care if you ever get it.
Ted will bear the brunt of the blame by the government run media because they fear his leadership ability. He took on a Herculean task of trying to knock some sense into the senseless. Dipschmidts like you will remain dipschmidts, but those of us that work with otherwise life long dems are seeing the light come on about the massive destructive power grab that is obamacare.
As the obama brownshirts showed their true colors barricading public places, as had never been done in any of the other numerous shutdowns, many lights went on in the heads of those union type people. Not all mind you, but don t forget that the leadership of the AFL/CIO was howling mad about the destructive nature of obamacare just as the shutdown started.
Ted did about as much as he could have considering he had no podium in the msm to state the facts and the fact that those in charge of his own party are criminal Dem operatives.
Kudos to my Sen Johnson for standing on the principals he campaigned on

Sometimes there is just no hope for some. But kudos to you for trying. But I sure wouldn't lose no sleep over it. Ya gotta take it from the source sometimes!! crazy whistle whistle

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, 808outdoors, 1Longbow, 11 invisible), 14,608 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,108
Posts18,541,926
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.