Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jim, I think it means to us all, what it means to you.
Some type of spam. Why, is the question?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a CO responding to our criticism. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Okanagan
It's a CO responding to our criticism. laugh

Good one!

Jim

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
Last fall in BC I received a ticket for having cartridges in my magazine (bolt completely open and safety on) while my gun was leaning against a tire (butt on ground) of the camp's jeep. ..."no loaded weapon may be in contact with a vehicle"... I was and still am not impressed.

That is bogus...it was not 'on' or 'in' it was against....you should have disputed it I sure as hell would.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
What about dispatching a wounded animal after legal shooting light?? Imagine a massive mule deer wounded and it's 2 hours after sundown when you find him....is it legal to knife him and finish him off?

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I think that once upon a time most COs were interested in outdoor ethics, game management, wildlife and habitat conservation, and the like. Nowadays, any I have come into contact with have been focussed entirely on enforcement. They seem to approach every hunter with the hope of either catching him in some transgression, or tricking him into admitting to some illegal activity, regardless how minor, that he can be cited for.

A few years ago I went with another family member who was drawn for an LEH bison hunt in northern B.C. We stayed at a ranch in the area of the hunt. One of the other hunters there at the time was ticketed ($100+) because he had forgotten his LEH paperwork back in his cabin at the ranch. The fellow had his Bison tag, which you simply cannot get without presenting your LEH paperwork in person to the authorities. He was able to produce the LEH papers later in the day, and thus avoid further penalty, but he did have to pay the original ticket. To show what a fine fella he was, later that day, the CO joined the ranch owner and his guests for their evening meal and end of the day bull session.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
On occasion, a law is so stupid that no rational person would suspect it's existence. At other times, the enforcement of a law is so misguided that it takes us by surprise. This is illustrated by the "rifle leaned against the car" scenarios.
There are many circumstances when the proper answer to a query from a LEO is, "None of your business".
I have not been questioned by a Conservation Officer (game warden) for many years. When I am, I am just as civil as his behaviour warrants.
I have lived on both sides of the border and both sides of the continent. I have travelled across the US numerous times over the last 45 years. There are laws and restrictions in different areas which a person from western Canada would never expect. There are also laws and restrictions here that no resident would expect if he didn't do some research. GD

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

203 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,655 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.